Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 12:19 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
There is a 50% chance of the Woman you are dating (varies widely depending on Geo) is a single mother.
Yep. They either will be or they won't be. Solid science.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:22 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yep. They either will be or they won't be. Solid science.
Exactly right.

And those stats about "single parents" also include millions of unmarried parents who live together and are raising their families. So you can unclutch those pearls.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:25 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Figures, I’m vulnerable and honest for a second and it gets thrown in my ing face. Never doing that again.

I like your honesty. It seems like pure honesty without an agenda. Some of these other dudes have agendas though... so, whatever to them. You're good to me.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:27 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The OP is concerned that being a single mom says something negative about her judgement. It could, she could be promiscuous or have caused a previous divorce. She could have brought these circumstances on herself. It could also say something positive about her character if she were married and abandoned, cheated on, abused etc. by her husband and she divorced for those reasons and now is handling the tough single parent role with dignity. It all depends on the circumstances of how she ended up a single mom.

The OP is divorced.....what does that say about him? Did he cheat on his wife, was he a lousy husband or was he a victim in the divorce who is now being very careful about the type of woman he dates? Again it all depends on the circumstances.

No doubt that being a single parent or a divorcée means you come with baggage. Some people have no tolerance for baggage and a reduced dating pool is a consequence of said baggage.
Bingo - And here's the deal however... Sometimes it doesn't matter what the circumstance is. Ladies when you have a child please realize automatically you limit your dating pool by a lot and the dating options you DO get will skew towards a certain type of male. Whether that is positive or negative outcome it really depends on your individual attractiveness, intelligence and requirements in a Man.

There are two core reasons:

- Most male species are biologically designed to prefer strongly to be first to mark the territory. Sometimes it doesn't matter if another Man comes after but he has to be first. If he is not first, he will kill the children that came before or throw them into the wild out of the pack. You can say that we are human all you want - 10,000 years of civilization does not undo 1 million years of evolution so easily.

- Most Men are not psychologically equipped to contend with the modern day social needs of other Men's children. Again let's go back to B.C. times - Should a Man be so benevolent to allow a single mother into his harem it is often because he is rich and money solves a lot of problems. So the child can get the education they need and he doesn't care because the child from the other Man will end up being his slave or employee. So it works out fine. Today however, odds are that the OP or other Men in general are NOT rich and that child is now a burden financially and psychologically. No matter how much the Mother doth protest eventually that Man will end up paying indirectly or directly for another Man's child. This is all well and good - IF the man already has several children and satisfied his innate requirement to replicate his genes. As I mentioned above - There are Men out there perfectly fine with single mothers but they will be typically OLDER. A young Man who is under 40 (and childless) 9 out of 10 times does not want to deal with another Man's child unless he is desperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ive noticed, its typically guys that can even get a date that come on here bashing single moms, or women in general. I can bet most, if not all, the guys that come on here voicing their "preference" on single moms would date one without hesitation, given the single mom gives him a chance.
From a few contacts of mine if you are a young Man in Memphis with no children and a PhD at age 27 you virtually have no dating options. Because most of the Women you will meet at that age have 2 kids already and are divorced at least once. Meanwhile you are at a completely different stage in life and certainly not equipped to play step-daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
After all, it's not even like most women out there are single moms or even moms at all. According to the census, only 34% of women ages 18-64 are even mothers with minor children at all (single or married, any sort of mom). And only 25% of those are single moms.
These statistics seem a bit off based of of the trends I have been closely monitoring. This may be true for NYC where I live. But in other geos, especially in the heartland of the country it probably skews greater towards single motherhood. Let's also look at the cut for Women specifically age 27-35 which I am estimating the OPs age to be (need to read back to confirm). Because the stats for that age group is probably much much higher obviously than a woman who is 55 included in the stat for the wide cohort you mentioned.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
These statistics seem a bit off based of of the trends I have been closely monitoring.
The important question is ... why are you "closely monitoring" this?

Old 08-13-2018, 12:36 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Oh good, thought me might go a day without more armchair biologists espousing pseudo "evolutionary psychology" babble. Never fear, we were saved.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:39 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Perhaps someone is not getting what he is entitled to?

Old 08-13-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh good, thought me might go a day without more armchair biologists espousing pseudo "evolutionary psychology" babble. Never fear, we were saved.
Shouldn't you be out spreading your seed? Like the biological imperative says?

Oh wait ... I bet you already did.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
With the way you're looking at it, I think you'd be doing her, and her child, a great big favor by breaking up with her. They need someone who doesn't look down on somebody with a child, but accept them. She's too good for you.
So she is better than him because she had a child?

What exactly makes her better?

By that logic - My sister has more value inherently and contributed more to humanity than Nikola Tesla simply because she reproduced and he did not.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Our society is unfolding as we speak due to the single motherhood pandemic. I'd say it's pretty important indicator of the future of our economy and standing of this nation among the G20.

Single motherhood is the greatest predictor of criminality, joblessness and lack of productivity of a child. Things are not looking good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships