Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 12:33 PM

880 posts, read 531,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
We know NOTHING about this woman's financial situation. People are making some huge leaps here, almost eagerly, as if they want to prove the whole carousel-and-then-beta-wallet thing. (Oh, but that couldn't possibly be it...NOT on CD-R! Perish the thought.)

Some people look up old flames. Full stop. What harm could coffee do? See what she has to say.

Or not, but if it's "not" I can't see the hysteria about "cutting off ALL contact! ZOMG! She wants you to be a wallet! She might kill you! Run!" It's just a contact from the past, LOL. In the day of social media, people do it all the time.

Another thing people do all the time is, they have life experiences and grow up. (Was the OP, at that age, all set to settle down with an overly mature girl, okay, maybe not one of the party hotties but with such good, caretaking inner qualities, who had a good career planned and was very stable and very capable of running a household sensibly? Let's. Get. Real. They were kids! Both of them.)

Sigh.
I noticed it seems to be a recurring theme on here or maybe its from the same commentators? So many guys assume that a woman just wants them for security. They love to bash older divorced women for making "poor choices". like being stuck in a crappola marriage is a good choice. Not every woman looks for deep pockets, i left deep pockets so i could find love.

I agree that the woman's forwardness would raise red flags, she should've tried to reconnect with present day OP instead of high school OP

Old 08-14-2018, 12:36 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
We know NOTHING about this woman's financial situation. People are making some huge leaps here, almost eagerly, as if they want to prove the whole carousel-and-then-beta-wallet thing. (Oh, but that couldn't possibly be it...NOT on CD-R! Perish the thought.)

Some people look up old flames. Full stop. What harm could coffee do? See what she has to say.

Or not, but if it's "not" I can't see the hysteria about "cutting off ALL contact! ZOMG! She wants you to be a wallet! She might kill you! Run!" It's just a contact from the past, LOL. In the day of social media, people do it all the time.

Another thing people do all the time is, they have life experiences and grow up. (Was the OP, at that age, all set to settle down with an overly mature girl, okay, maybe not one of the party hotties but with such good, caretaking inner qualities, who had a good career planned and was very stable and very capable of running a household sensibly? Let's. Get. Real. They were kids! Both of them.)

Sigh.
I agree that people are filling in blanks to serve an agenda and I think you identified the agenda. That gets old for me too. But when this does happen, say as you describe when a woman's priorities change from 18 to 30 or mid 40s in this case, I think a man (or woman) who was the person passed over at 18 might understandably and wisely say "no thanks". Not to all women who might have been interested in a different type of man or boy in her past as some kind of delusional punishment directed toward women, but to a specific woman who he was interested in at 18 but who now sees his value, especially if he thinks he's mostly the same person, if a little older and wiser.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:41 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I agree that people are filling in blanks to serve an agenda and I think you identified the agenda. That gets old for me too. But when this does happen, say as you describe when a woman's priorities change from 18 to 30 or mid 40s in this case, I think a man (or woman) who was the person passed over at 18 might understandably and wisely say "no thanks". Not to all women who might have been interested in a different type of man or boy in her past as some kind of delusional punishment directed toward women, but to a specific woman who he was interested in at 18 but who now sees his value, especially if he thinks he's mostly the same person, if a little older and wiser.
I can see "no thanks" but I can't see "maybe she'll kill you like on TV," "she's in poverty and wants your wallet" or "she rode the carousel and got pregnant and now she wants you to father her children." (Especially with one of them a legal adult and the other only 3 years away from that????)

People get nostalgic. I'm willing to bet she regretted that the thing about being a keeper slipped out. She's probably kicking herself. People reconnect nowadays on FB all the time, and some even date again. If it's no, that's fine but the extremes shown here are just ridiculous and there's actually no support for them, at all. Nobody here knows this woman. Even the OP doesn't seem to know what the woman's financial status and so on is. MANY divorced women are fully capable of supporting their own children along with the father's financial input, and don't want replacement fathers for their children as the kids already have a father. So...this is all just ridiculous.

What's really irritating is this whole "rode the carousel" thing. What, by herself? Grownups have sex. I know that's a newsflash for some, particularly the guys who aren't getting any and seem to be the most judgmental in this regard. What, because most guys want a 43-year-old woman who has never had sex? Most dudes would run from such a person as she'd be withholding from them too...right? Or do they have the Golden Key that will at last unlock the treasure...? Adults. Sometimes. Have. Sex. It's not a "carousel" or a joyride. It's a connection between two people. For cheese's sake.

And growing up is just that. Growing up. Our priorities do change. I know a whole hell of a lot more high school and college guys who want to hit it with the hottie in some weird way that she'll say yes to if drunk enough, than guys that age who stay home on Friday nights balancing their spreadsheet and making 5-, 10- and 20-year projections, while managing their investment portfolio plus doing a few handyman fixes around the house. Yet when young girls act like young girls they're hos who ride a carousel, then come back to grab some dude's money. You know who hasn't grown up? The dudes screaming about this ridiculous stuff.

Last edited by JerZ; 08-14-2018 at 12:50 PM..

Old 08-14-2018, 01:00 PM

78 posts, read 38,164 times
Just remember when corresponding - you're not in high school anymore. And make sure you use the Baskin Robbins sample method....before you go all in.....

Old 08-14-2018, 01:12 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post

Yeah, there have been a lot of weird overly emotional responses in this post...crazy ideas that this woman is out to get him and his money. I have to wonder where that degree of paranoia and fear comes from. If these men are dating women like that, they are certainly dating the wrong women.

My concern over this situation between the OP and this woman is two fold. First, she is only 6 months divorced. People usually need time to heal. I've never met a divorced person who was really ready to date 6 months after the end of a decade (or more) long marriage. Some try, it usually is a rebound.

Second, both the OP and this women seem to be pining for someone who existed 20-30 years ago. The OP and this woman really don't know each other anymore. People change a lot in 20-30 years. They change a lot in just 10 years from 18 to 28. I would caution that both are interested in the idea of what that person used to be, not what either of them are now.

If the OP were a friend of mine, I would tell him to just stay friends or at the very least treat this just as he would she were a stranger her randomly met and decided to date. Don't assume you know each other or rush into anything. Of course, it's up to him.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:20 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Yeah, there have been a lot of weird overly emotional responses in this post...crazy ideas that this woman is out to get him and his money. I have to wonder where that degree of paranoia and fear comes from. If these men are dating women like that, they are certainly dating the wrong women.

I think this thread was designed to elicit such responses. It reads like a "Dear Penthouse" letter for MGTOW types. Instead of the poor woman broken down on the highway and the guy in the pickup truck with the big wrench that can get her motor running again, it's the hottie who rejected him in high school, broken down on the romantic highway of life begging him to give her a second chance after living her life of sin and bad choices. Does he help m'lady or does he tip his fedora say "good day" and Go His Own Way?

Old 08-14-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
I think this thread was designed to elicit such responses. It reads like a "Dear Penthouse" letter for MGTOW types. Instead of the poor woman broken down on the highway and the guy in the pickup truck with the big wrench that can get her motor running again, it's the hottie who rejected him in high school, broken down on the romantic highway of life begging him to give her a second chance after living her life of sin and bad choices. Does he help m'lady or does he tip his fedora say "good day" and Go His Own Way?
#nailedit

Old 08-14-2018, 01:59 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
There it goes on queue: Disagree with me? Then I'm bringing out the mgtow label.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
There it goes on queue: Disagree with me? Then I'm bringing out the mgtow label.
No, it's not about disagreeing. It is about hysterical assumptions, all painting women in, of course, an utterly horrific light, right down to the old "ride the carousel" and beta guy with a wallet tome was which IS MGTOW.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:19 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Who didn't see this coming from the OP's initial post? Lol

This place is so predictable.

I was expecting:
Carousal rides (check)
ChadThunderCock (check)
Beta xxxxx (check)
Meal ticket (check)
Hypergamy (soon to come)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships