Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 05:08 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
This is the OP's M.O., constantly having these weird encounters and makes a big deal out of nothing. Comes here with these weird scenarios and causes a firestorm. I don't believe any of his encounters are that out of the ordinary or crazy, he just over exaggerates for whatever reason.
Drama.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:18 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It has everything to do with the situation. People who don't value being in a relationship, and don't want to be in one, aren't in a position to give good advice to people about whether a specific incident is a deal breaker in a relationship.

It has everything to do with it. Because everything's a deal breaker to you.
Sorry, I disagree. The Dissenter has every right to comment and express his opinion irrespective of his personal situation. You can accept his opinions on the basis if they are reasonable. It's what the person is saying, not who said it.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:40 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times
So we've gone from a quarter to a dollar. Neither is correct, she told OP to tip a few dollars.

What - did she think this was his first time ordering food?

OP, you were wrong to do as she told you. You should have ignored her. She probably would have gone on and on about it, but that in itself would tell you something.

Last edited by applej3; 09-03-2018 at 07:49 PM..

Old 09-03-2018, 06:56 PM

17,719 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
So we've gone from a quarter to a dollar. Neither is correct, she told OP to tip a few dollars.
She said "You may want to tip them a couple of bucks".

Assuming "a couple of bucks" is $2, the dollar is correct as it was mentioned in regards to splitting the amount.

But does it really matter? We are talking about an insignificant amount regardless.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:17 PM

941 posts, read 3,911,021 times
I hate the tipping jar concept and do not contribute.

If my date were passive-aggressive about putting a few dollars in the tip jar, I'd check her.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:57 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
She said "You may want to tip them a couple of bucks".

Assuming "a couple of bucks" is $2, the dollar is correct as it was mentioned in regards to splitting the amount.

But does it really matter? We are talking about an insignificant amount regardless.
Well, true, the amount THIS time isn't significant - just wanted you/others to get your facts straight. However, next time you buy a 25 cent or one dollar item feel free to toss a few bucks at the cashier, and don't forget to tip.

That aside, she's a bossy control freak and if OP is smart he won't spend any more time with her.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:02 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Quote:
Well, true, the amount THIS time isn't significant - just wanted you/others to get your facts straight. However, next time you buy a 25 cent or one dollar item feel free to toss a few bucks at the cashier, and don't forget to tip.

That aside, she's a bossy control freak and if OP is smart he won't spend any more time with her.
Again, this is really the issue here. People keep dwelling on the value of the tip. The issue here is she was TOTALLY out of line suggesting that he leave a tip. If she makes this big of a deal over this, I can only imagine what she would be like on other things.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:

Bossy, control freak. Hmmm.

I personally appreciate it when my friends point stuff out to me, and they appreciate it when I point stuff out to them. That I might have missed.

Who's to say, this early in the relationship, that she's not doing exactly that? He doesn't know her yet. Maybe she's one of those extremely helpful people who notice things and might whisper them to him.

Did you see the tip jar, maybe you should put in a couple bucks? Did you notice the end of the line is way back there, not here? Did you see that colleague tried to shake your hand but you were looking the other way? I think you might have parked too close to that fire hydrant - maybe you should pull up a few yards?

If there's a positive way to view an interaction, and a negative way, try the positive way first.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:08 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
Quote:

I personally appreciate it when my friends point stuff out to me, and they appreciate it when I point stuff out to them. That I might have missed.

Who's to say, this early in the relationship, that she's not doing exactly that? He doesn't know her yet. Maybe she's one of those extremely helpful people who notice things and might whisper them to him.

Did you see the tip jar, maybe you should put in a couple bucks? Did you notice the end of the line is way back there, not here? Did you see that colleague tried to shake your hand but you were looking the other way? I think you might have parked too close to that fire hydrant - maybe you should pull up a few yards?

If there's a positive way to view an interaction, and a negative way, try the positive way first.
That's how I see it too.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:15 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:

Intent is irrelevant. It was NOT her place to suggest the OP tip with his money on a pick up order where a tip is not usually given. For a first date, I’d highly avoid giving “advice” like that to essentially a stranger at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships