Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 01:13 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

I've seen some childless guys say that they would only date a single mom if she has only 1 kid, but not if she has more than 1 kid. Why is that? Does it have to do with money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 01:39 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
sure.
1 kid is not as much of financial burden as the old woman who lived in a shoe had so many kids she didn't know what to do. If you marry her, you eventually adopt her brood of kids, they all need new shoes and braces and vaccinations - there goes my g*dmn new Tesla.

1 kid means she might be open to having more. I have specifically met & dated women who had 3 kids, they told me on the second date - no more diapers for me, I'm done, got my tubes tied to make sure of that.

Now if her kids are grown, or she's financially solvent/successful, and no more kids are planned - it's all good.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
1 kid means she might be open to having more. I have specifically met & dated women who had 3 kids, they told me on the second date - no more diapers for me, I'm done, got my tubes tied to make sure of that
Oooooooh now that makes sense.

The money part not so much. Each situation is different.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:03 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
It's very situation dependent. I've dated childless men who didn't have an issue with seeing a woman with more than one child. My husband included. I had three from my first marriage. He previously dated a woman with two kids. It wasn't a major concern for him.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
It's very situation dependent. I've dated childless men who didn't have an issue with seeing a woman with more than one child. My husband included. I had three from my first marriage. He previously dated a woman with two kids. It wasn't a major concern for him.

Yes I know but I was specifically asking about the ones who say that only 1 kid is okay. That perplexed me.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:07 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yes I know but I was specifically asking about the ones who say that only 1 kid is okay. That perplexed me.
I dated a single mom who had only one child and one kid doesn’t compromise your time or energy as much as two or three would.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I dated a single mom who had only one child and one kid doesn’t compromise your time or energy as much as two or three would.
Really? Why not? I mean, they still have to get a sitter in order to have alone time with you, and as far as energy, have you been around a 2 yo lately? LOL

Old 09-24-2018, 09:28 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times
Might also be a judgment on her morals. One kid could be a "whoops," but three kids with three different guys is a personality trait. (As they could see it, I mean.)

If it's 3 kids from the same guy, then the money and time thing more likely.

I'm sure there are some immature men up there who would think a woman with multiple kids is "used up" or some nonsense too.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:35 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
TO me its about age. The older the better. They need to be old enough to not take up 100% of moms time. No crying babies thats for sure.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:18 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
It's a time commitment from the mother no matter how you slice it. There's some women who get divorced, or the relationship ended, and the father of the child continues to handle his parental responsibilities. However, I've mostly seen it where the father DOESN'T stand up and handle his parental duties. Another wrinkle I've experienced is when the father wants to be involved to a greater extent, but there's bad blood between the mom and the dad. As in, the mom isn't too fond of the dad, so she keeps him more at arms length then maybe necessary. You have no say so coming in as an outsider, so you have to decide what seems reasonable and what doesn't.

I've had some success with dating single mom's, but it's been a while since I've dated one to be quite honest. It's a different dynamic that doesn't work for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships