Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 07:51 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,630,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post
excuse me? I have no idea who this good bible believing, praying person is or who you are accusing of illegal activity. Insults are not cool, back off. You should be reported.
You're showing us what is in your heart, no one else's. Keep it to yourself
Working under the table is illegal. I would never suggest it to anyone, as being so unscrupulous is not "in my heart". Shirking one's responsibility to one's children is either illegal (if said child is a minor) or unethical (if said child is not), and just in general a really crappy thing to do, so I would never suggest that either.

Spare me the outraged holier than thou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 07:54 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
He should not get a job under the table for a variety of reasons.

First, and foremost to me, if he works under the table, that continues with the OP being the provider and makes her more liable to pay alimony if a divorce occurs.

In addition it does nothing to help him pay back any past due child support, thus allowing him to further continue to avoid his responsibilities.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Mikala43; 09-30-2018 at 09:22 PM..

Old 09-30-2018, 07:58 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,630,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post

He should at least pay for his children's food when they come and stay. Aguy at our church owned a huge towing company. It was very common for his employees to have their wages garnished, he hired down and out folks with criminal records. He paid cash when they worked overtime so they could exist. Otherwise people cannot afford to work. We had a few employees we did this with too. Sadly both were bums who never exerted much energy. It's illegal during the interview to ask if anyone is going to phone me down to line telling me to garnish your wages.
Oh, he cheated the state and federal governments, his worker's comp insurance carrier, and the garnishor when his employees worked overtime. He purjured himself every quarter on his payroll tax returns. What a swell, church-going guy.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:17 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,472,725 times
I might be wrong but I think Mikala43 may have accidentally omitted the word "not", given my understanding of the rest of her post.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:17 PM

149 posts, read 100,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Oh, he cheated the state and federal governments, his worker's comp insurance carrier, and the garnishor when his employees worked overtime. He purjured himself every quarter on his payroll tax returns. What a swell, church-going guy.
"He paid cash when they worked overtime so they could exist."
Once they got on their feet, no cash.
Second month, no cash.

You hate that part because it means this church going man enabled another man to pay taxes and pay off his debts.
Get on his feet. Be a productive member of society.
Otherwise he couldn't afford to even get to work withouout the cash.
All newbies are offered some overtime to get them some gas $$ in order to get to work
Otherwise, there will be no working because pay is every 2 weeks
And they have no gas $$ to get to work

It is a good thing when men pay back debts and support their families just as the Ops husband should do.
If you are on welfare, and I know there are some here, then I can see how this might offend you.
I didn't mean to offend you but you too can get off welfare,
take ANY Job to get on your feet at first.
Don't start being self-righteous demanding your first paycheck be paying taxes.
Get on your feet so you can pay even more taxes, and re-pay your debts to your children's mother.
You need to be able to obtain the job in order to be a productive member of soceity

Working is biblical, sorry

Old 09-30-2018, 08:22 PM

149 posts, read 100,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I might be wrong but I think Mikala43 may have accidentally omitted the word "not", given my understanding of the rest of her post.
that is how I interpreted it too. And I agree with her.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:30 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,523,752 times
He sounds like a prince of a fellow.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:34 PM

406 posts, read 623,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
He should get a job under the table for a variety of reasons.

First, and foremost to me, if he works under the table, that continues with the OP being the provider and makes her more liable to pay alimony if a divorce occurs.

In addition it does nothing to help him pay back any past due child support, thus allowing him to further continue to avoid his responsibilities.
Quote:

There is very little the OP could do about her husband accepting an under the table job.

If he DOES get a job under the table, and she is aware of it, she could report him and the employer to potentially mitigate her alimony liability.

However reporting that arrangement would likely result in her spouse not having any income, resulting in no effect on her alimony payments. Then again, maybe the firm places him on the payroll so he has a reported income.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:36 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkotb2013 View Post
I worked overnight last night when I received the aforementioned text. I told him we can talk about it all when I came home today. I was nervous on the whole drive home thinking we were gonna have "the talk" today. But when I got home this morning he was still sleeping, so I just climbed into bed and went to sleep myself. He let me sleep well into the afternoon. When I woke, I was ready for him to approacj. I didnt know if he would be angry, sad or defeated. I couldn't predict his mood.
Imagine my surprise when he greeted me with a hug and pastries from Sams Club! I only had about an hour to get ready for work again tonight, but he was being so sweet and nice. Even wanted us to look at new real estate online! WTF!!!
I didnt know how to react so I took the easy way out and didn't address anything. He didnt even mention the text.

(Sigh) I let it go for now because after tonight, I'll have several days off work and will try to address it then. Before I left for work he said he's gonna make reservations for an expensive steak house tomorrow night cuz "we deserve a good steak meal".

Honestly, I don't even know what to think right now. Is he being evasive on purpose? Too afraid to deal with all of this. Is he just hoping for the best or is he being manipulative, thinking if he's nice enough I'll forget about everything?

Either way, we'll definitely have the talk this week, before I go back to work next week.
OP, it's obvious he's buttering you up, and trying desperately to stay on your good side. The text tells you he's been worried, so he's going all out to be super nice. He doesn't want to lose his gravy train.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:22 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:

You are absolutely correct.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships