Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 02:01 AM

6 posts, read 1,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's nothing to be nervous about. If they don't like you, there's nothing you can do. Faking some kind of behavior wouldn't work. So just enjoy; be yourself, be courteous. Has she given you any indication, as to whether they approve of her having a foreign boyfriend? You two should have discussed this by now, after 3 years of being together.

OP, she's the one who should be giving you helpful suggestions on how to interact with Philippine parents, not us. Is there a reason why you two aren't communicating on these details, for this important event? This seems odd. Why are you turning to strangers, instead of your future wife?

You'd have better luck posting your query on the Asia forum here, if you for some reason can't bring yourself to ask your future wife these questions.
Hey Ruth, thanks for this. I'll remember this when I will be in Philippines. Oh, don't worry about it. I've already talked to my girlfriend with regards to Filipino cultures and just wanna ask some tips from you guys. Anyway, thanks for helping me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 03:39 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensebf36 View Post
I thought you were serious with that one. I read the first phrase like, twice. LOL!

Oh, thanks! I don't know much about Filipinos.
My mom is old school Filipina and I know the culture well. If you’re treating their daughter good, and she’s happy, you have nothing to be worry about. Don’t be concerned about impressing her family with gifts, etc.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:44 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Mainly just be you. They will want to see you, not what you can do to put on a show for them

Old 09-27-2018, 09:31 AM

983 posts, read 2,774,128 times
I like the idea about bringing a small gift.

Dress decently and be clean and well-groomed.

Don't talk about any controversial topics, even if someone else initiates the discussion.

Say please and thank you.

Listen at least as much as you talk. Ask questions and show interest in them.

Compliment them on their house, décor and on any meals they prepare for you.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:40 AM

71 posts, read 36,968 times
Trace their ancestry back to the stoneage and find out their percentage of neanderthal, it's the only way to go!

Joking aside, just make sure you're clean, in 1 piece and behave with manners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships