Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 09:45 AM

212 posts, read 148,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Respond: "I enjoyed spending time with you as well. Hope we can do it again sometime soon!"
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 09:48 AM

1,078 posts, read 937,114 times
That sounds like a very successful date to me. Not for something that should be a hookup, no, but an actual relationship? I’d be thrilled and definitely respond to his text.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmooky View Post
That sounds like a very successful date to me. Not for something that should be a hookup, no, but an actual relationship? I’d be thrilled and definitely respond to his text.
That’s what I am worried about . I don’t want it to be hook up.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:57 AM

1,078 posts, read 937,114 times
Well good news then, he acted like a gentleman who wanted to show you interest and care, but not get laid right away. Text him back and go on more dates with him, lady

Old 09-26-2018, 10:16 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,300,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma25 View Post
That’s what I am worried about . I don’t want it to be hook up.
So, you didn't want it to be just a hook-up, but for your very first date, with a guy you don't actually know, you have him pick you up at your home, (so now he knows where you live) and later you invited him in, again on the first date.

Excuse me if I'm confused, but it sounds like you were intending for a hook-up to happen.

Like Belle said, you need to relax and slow down.

That fact that he was surprised when you told him to pick you up at your home was a good sign. He's surprise indicates that most of the women he meets don't do that - which is what I expected when I was dating. In fact, when I was dating, there was a cellist with the Philadelphia Philharmonic that I was going to go on a first date with, via an internet dating site, but when she said she was having a party at her home, and that I should show up there, I bailed. Not an appropriate place to get to know someone.

A first date, without you knowing the person, should be in a neutral public place where everyone can feel at ease and safe.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:28 AM

399 posts, read 220,878 times
Quote:
I haven’t reply to his message where he said he really “I enjoy your company, would like to see you soon”

The word company makes me feel like he is just “lonely”, like to pass time, there seem to be no excitement.
Am I wrong to think it like that?

I haven’t reply because honestly I don’t know what to say, it’s not because I am playing games or anything like that.
Good grief. What he said is completely normal. I don't understand what you think he should have said instead?

Old 09-26-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
So, you didn't want it to be just a hook-up, but for your very first date, with a guy you don't actually know, you have him pick you up at your home, (so now he knows where you live) and later you invited him in, again on the first date.

Excuse me if I'm confused, but it sounds like you were intending for a hook-up to happen.

Like Belle said, you need to relax and slow down.

That fact that he was surprised when you told him to pick you up at your home was a good sign. He's surprise indicates that most of the women he meets don't do that - which is what I expected when I was dating. In fact, when I was dating, there was a cellist with the Philadelphia Philharmonic that I was going to go on a first date with, via an internet dating site, but when she said she was having a party at her home, and that I should show up there, I bailed. Not an appropriate place to get to know someone.

A first date, without you knowing the person, should be in a neutral public place where everyone can feel at ease and safe.

This wasn’t first meeting/date.
And it’s not from online.

Plus I’ve been speaking to him since February when we met at my work place.

And he didn’t pick me up from my home at First last week when we first hangout
. I actually wouldn’t have mind maybe he did a lot of online dating and he knows what most women feel uncomfortable with.
And I respect him for that.

I do feel comfortable around him and speaking to him for so long, he maintains the same character so I know I am safe in his presence.

Maybe he will see inviting him to my home as “hook up” intended but he didn’t act on it anyways.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Of course he is allow not to be in love with me
I am not even thinking about love right.

I am use to respectful guys being around me but I’m not use to guys who are so layback.

I haven’t reply to his message where he said he really “I enjoy your company, would like to see you soon”

The word company makes me feel like he is just “lonely”, like to pass time, there seem to be no excitement.
Am I wrong to think it like that?

I haven’t reply because honestly I don’t know what to say, it’s not because I am playing games or anything like that.

See him again and don't overthink this. Hopefully he will ask you out next time.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:45 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,390 times
Quote:
Lol
So in that case what kind of reply would be welcome by you.
Pretty much anything better than: "well it was ok" would work for me.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:54 AM

So little update

We got together yesterday,
Exactly a week after we last saw each other.
We did talk in between and there two attempts of seeing each other but our Schedule crashed.

Yesterday night was more of a Netflix and chill at my place.
And I am afraid it’s heading towards fwb, which I don’t want at all.

We didn’t have sex but we did make out like teenagers lol and he did make the move —yay!

He left my place really late around 3am and he did message me as soon he got home.
He didn’t say anything particular, just that he arrived home. Haven’t heard from him since
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships