Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 05:19 PM

17,736 posts, read 9,187,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Youre right, he actually said he cant picture sleeping with the same person for the rest of his life.
He said that after she told him she didn't want a relationship - possibly so it wasn't as awkward. I don't know.

"He tells me he loves me and that I'm the only person he wants around after having sex, I tell him the same. Even his closest friends have told me how important I am to him."

There's a reason why he spends so much time with her and doesn't get involved with anyone else (beyond hookups).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 05:28 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
He said that after she told him she didn't want a relationship - possibly so it wasn't as awkward. I don't know.

"He tells me he loves me and that I'm the only person he wants around after having sex, I tell him the same. Even his closest friends have told me how important I am to him."

There's a reason why he spends so much time with her and doesn't get involved with anyone else (beyond hookups).
Oh I saw that too. But I have a hard time believing that he is gun shy because he thinks that SHE doesnt want the relationship.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:22 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
If you two are so close, then why can you not talk this pver honestly with him?

Old 09-27-2018, 01:37 AM

18 posts, read 9,991 times
Quote:

You didnt answer my question though.

Youre so afraid of losing access to this particular guy because of a bad breakup, or being alone, are you not able to attract your way into a relationship that works, do you not have the skills to nab a good guy and maintain it? Can you stop this and have the skills needed to attract someone that wants to have the relationship that you do?

I didn't answer this question because it doesn't make sense to me. You're seriously asking if I have the SKILLS to get and maintain a good guy? That kind of question makes it look like that some women are just not good enough to have a good guy.

But to answer it- I'm sure I can get a good guy and keep him, and I could have in the past, but I did not want to. There were guys that were absolutely in love with me, even when we never dated. Guys, that I'm sure would have loved me forever and never cheated on me. I was just never into those guys. And no, not because they were good guys. Just because I didn't feel it, them. At least that's what I think. I don't wanna believe that I just like guys that are bad for me.

I think I'm pretty weird in some parts. I almost never fall for anyone. I don't care about what most women care about aka is he pretty enough? Does he have a good job? Etc. I just go with my feeling, always. In some sense, I would probably be the perfect girlfriend. Why? Because once I love someone, I don't see anyone else. I'm not even attracted to anyone else. I could never cheat. But I understand that most people aren't like that.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
If he said today that he wanted to be in a real, exclusive relationship with you, what would you say?
That's a good question. To be honest, I would be freaked out. Even though I am in love with him, that would be too much for me now. Also because it would be so unexpected. I don't think I would want that, for now. I think I would want to start slowly, be exclusive, see how it goes, before we put a label on it.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post

Actually that's a point I forgot to mention. When we were seeing each other for a few months last year, he wasn't seeing other girls. No tinder hookups, nothing. He even told me he doesn't want to see anyone else. BUT at the same time he doesn't want to close the door to possible other hookups in the future I guess. And as soon as I told him we're not having sex anymore he tried to get with other girls, of course.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
If you two are so close, then why can you not talk this pver honestly with him?

Because I'm scared. Scared of his reaction. Scared of him turning me down again saying he feels nothing. Scared of him saying we shouldn't see each other anymore. I dunno.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macelisa View Post
Because I'm scared. Scared of his reaction. Scared of him turning me down again saying he feels nothing. Scared of him saying we shouldn't see each other anymore. I dunno.
Well you already realize that you are kidding yourself. So you will stay in limbo without trying to figure out what the real deal is until what, you get tired of hanging out? If youre afraid he will cheat on you, whats the point? Do you truly really want a good relationship, (not with him obviously) or is the mystery too exciting to give up?

Old 09-27-2018, 10:27 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
...will cheat on you, whats the point? Do you truly really want a good relationship, (not with him obviously) or is the mystery too exciting to give up?
Well, the fantasy that they have some kind of noncommittal haphazard relationship is easier to perpetuate if she doesn't directly confront him.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Well, the fantasy that they have some kind of noncommittal haphazard relationship is easier to perpetuate if she doesn't directly confront him.
Oh yes. She wants the relationship, but cant risk the rejection. Too far infatuated, fall hard, good point. never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships