Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which option makes more sense?
Large basket on left (husbands idea) 6 35.29%
No specific side, husband must always check basket size(wife’s idea) 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 03:08 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I just imagined that everyone was just playing along. It's certainly more light hearted than many of the bickering threads.
I agree! Nice to see a minor problem here for a change.

I also agree with everyone who said OP should use the baskets in the manner his wife wishes him to. If she's doing the laundry, she sets the rule on this one.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:41 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
What if she demanded that you stop using Woolite for anything because it's too expensive?
No woolite makes clothes last longer.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Maybe? You mean Yes.

Either that or she has an ONGOING issue with you being lazy and thinking you take advantage of her and this is her way of trying to make you be less lazy. Because I just can’t understand why she wouldn’t just put it on the left side and make it as simple as possible. I bet she would if it were her child or you had Alzheimer’s.
I do just about 50% of the housework and I make double her salary (work more hours per week)

She can easily make the basket on the left the non woolite lol

It’s not rocket science

Old 09-26-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
To be honest, the whole thing confuses me. Does the wife change the position of the baskets (i.e. left to right) weekly? That doesn't sound typical. I'd be curious to hear that answer to that question.

If I were the wife, I don't think I could find myself irritated enough not to put the large basket on the left just to make things easier for everyone.
See!

This!

Yes switches the baskets. Dumb right?

Old 09-26-2018, 03:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
See!

This!

It's hilarious how you choose the one post that supports your whole premise for this thread

How badly do you need affirmation? Is it not your house?

Just wash your own clothes if her system and her approach to your suggestions is so repugnant to you. But you'd better dig a little deeper than just the baskets if you want a happy marriage.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Is that a trick question?
If that's the only problem in your marriage, you guys are doing awesome!
Don't start creating imaginary problems...
Really, can't believe we got 40 replies about how to solve it.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's hilarious how you choose the one post that supports your whole premise for this thread.
How badly do you need affirmation? Is it not your house?

Just wash your own clothes if her system and her approach to your suggestions is so repugnant to you. But you'd better dig a little deeper if you want a happy marriage.
Lol

I have a solution.

I’m going to destroy the medium white basket and replace it with a dark blue basket for woolite!!!!

Old 09-26-2018, 03:55 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Lol

I have a solution.

I’m going to destroy the medium white basket and replace it with a dark blue basket for woolite!!!!
Sounds like a perfectly childish way to deal with it. Your wife probably won't be surprised.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:56 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
I wear the same pajamas for days and days. She’s been doing them and yard clothes(not filthy just sweaty) for 3 years with no issue. So I think it’s her that is making a stink when there could be a simple compromise to keep the big basket on the left....or heck..... just make whatever basket on the left pajamas old socks etc
No, the question is what's so special about these odd items that you just don't do them with YOUR laundry. If I was your wife I'd not let you put your sweaty yard clothes with my stuff. She's been doing it but it seems silly - I think there's more of a story here.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:07 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
See!

This!

It is dumb but dude, you have to pick your battles. This is coming from a divorcee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships