Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 09:23 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,804 times

Advertisements

Rejected for intermittent fasting? Weird, I do IF -- the only thing it really means is that I can't have breakfast before 11 am. No big deal....

Maybe she prefers to breakfast at 6 am and dinner at 10 pm? In that case we wouldn't be a good match anyway....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 09:25 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I think some people are just self-centered. They worry too much about how someone else’s preferences could potentially inconvenience them. Cry me a river. I’ve dated women who were vegetarian and I never once complained that it meant we couldn’t go certain places like a BBQ joint. I can always go with my non-vegetarian friends. Same with movies. Ok, so she’s not into superhero movies. Again, I can find others to go with.

Well to be fair, it has been my observation that just about any reason a woman gives that she has rejected a guy is going to **** him off.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:51 AM

1,078 posts, read 937,794 times
If IF was a deal breaker that would surprise me because it doesn’t have the moral baggage some food choices do, like veganism or religious dietary restrictions. But I do get it. My husband fasts and eats junk when he does eat and I’m a low carber with a bazillion food allergies and our kids all eat a whole food but fairly typical diet - so it’s normal to have everyone doing their own thing around here. However not every person is that flexible with food stuff and letting others do them, and that’s okay. You probably dodged a bullet, to be honest!

Old 09-26-2018, 09:59 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I like to cook and it's a big part of my life. I also like to cook what I enjoy eating (I have no restrictions). It would be weird if my guy can't eat what I cook.
I only have a very strict diet whenever I’m in training. But when I’m in a committed relationship and not training for a race, my diet is very flexible - I will eat just about anything my SO makes except hotdogs, Lol.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I only have a very strict diet whenever I’m in training. But when I’m in a committed relationship and not training for a race, my diet is very flexible - I will eat just about anything my SO makes except hotdogs, Lol.
OMGosh, I love a hot dog!

Probably one of the least healthy things I eat, but gimme a hot dog and I am a happy, happy girl.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

What are you wearing?

Old 09-26-2018, 10:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
I "practice" intermittent fasting all the time....I doubt anyone is even aware of it.
Course I wouldn't go out to dinner with someone while doing so.
When offered food by friends, family etc...I just say "thanks..it looks real good, but I just ate a ton"...that always satisfies them.

OP, if she's that put out by something as trivial as your "diet", maybe it wasn't meant to be.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:04 AM

6,559 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
In the world of dating, people have all kinds of dealbreakers. Diet is one of them. Maybe you’re a strict vegetarian and can’t see yourself with someone who eats meat. I was on a dating site recently. I started chatting with one woman, we had a had a lot in common and seemed to be hitting it off. Then somehow we got on the topic of health and I mentioned that I do intermittent fasting, which really isn’t a diet, but for the purposes of this post, I’ll treat it as one. She decided she was no longer interested in me. Her reason? I can’t see myself with someone who can’t sit down and eat meals with me due to such self imposed dietary restrictions. Oh and this was before she suggested that intermittent fasting was close to being an eating disorder. I can deal with rejection and I don’t always agree with the other person’s reasons. But this one just made me laugh and made glad things didn’t work out.

Anybody else experience something like this?
I just saw an article posted about this topic. Apparently, it is a thing for some - at least enough of a thing for there to be an article written about it.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
OMGosh, I love a hot dog!

Probably one of the least healthy things I eat, but gimme a hot dog and I am a happy, happy girl.
Me too but I generally don't make them unless there are kids around who want them or something. But I do looooove them at the ballpark game....Beer and hot dog.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Me too but I generally don't make them unless there are kids around who want them or something. But I do looooove them at the ballpark game....Beer and hot dog.
Or a corn dog! Yum yum delicious!

And all allowed with IF (just to stay on topic).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships