Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 08:17 PM

17 posts, read 17,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It happens, OP, but just because you know the odd unicorn who achieved that, doesn't mean it's somewhat common. You'll have a hard time finding a match. Are you in college, btw? I knew a couple of women college professors, who were into trying to pick up their male students. You could start there?

I dropped out of University two years into my psychology degree while minoring in history and gender studies. I ended up leaving because my placements made me realize I didn't want to do this forever and I went to pursue my startup publishing company venture with my Chief Editor instead, which is what I really wanted to go to school for to begin with, my dad just didn't think I'd make money at it. We launch in November, I've spent time just prepping things up, acquiring my MBL and designing my website and quoting printers and distribution channels as well as acquiring software. In the meantime I work full time as a Bank Teller.
So long story short, no, I am not currently in University. Or, as they say in America, College. So meeting a woman my senior will have to be done the old fashioned way I guess: Talking.

Also I know those arrangements where a significantly older women and younger man end up marrying and such aren't common.
But neither are Tigers. Yet they're still out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 08:18 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframInventorofWarp View Post
I'm a 21-year-old man, interested in older women, 30's-40's, just my preference, everyone has one. But Jesus why is it so hard to find a place/site that actually caters to that? Is it really that uncommon or just overlooked?
I mean, it's always difficult dating but dating more out of your "typical" age range, at least in my city, is almost downright impossible. Guess it'd be easier if I lived say in Toronto or a larger city but that's not really the case.
Is there anywhere more successful that anyone knows of?
Are you aware of the fact that most men your age, at some point begging to fall in lust with women older than you...... and that is only a passing fancy....?

Old 09-27-2018, 08:24 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
I'm a 21-year-old man, interested in older women, 30's-40's, just my preference, everyone has one. But Jesus why is it so hard to find a place/site that actually caters to that? Is it really that uncommon or just overlooked?
I mean, it's always difficult dating but dating more out of your "typical" age range, at least in my city, is almost downright impossible. Guess it'd be easier if I lived say in Toronto or a larger city but that's not really the case.
Is there anywhere more successful that anyone knows of?
When you find out, please post the information. I've been looking for something similar since forever.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
May I ask why?

I don't really know. When I was a boy I had an English teacher who I really connected with. Really beautiful, gorgeous woman, she's 43 now. I saw her recently, still gorgeous as all hell and very intelligent woman. I'd rather sit in her class during my lunches and talk with her about **** than head out and do other stuff. One of my best friends is a 67-year-old biker who's like a second-dad to me. The easiest thing I could say and I know it sounds kind of arrogant, is that I just matured a lot faster than most. I was just always more matured and excelled in communication compared to those my age. In my teacher's own words, I was "wise beyond my years".
I've always gotten along better with people older than me for that reason and I have almost always been attracted to women older than myself, sometimes significantly such as my former teacher and former University professor and sometimes by a little such as my brother's best friend, Janelle, when I was a kid of 12 (she was 18). Or my babysitter, Trista, who was also at least 18 when I was 8. Only my crush when I was a bit younger, Alyssa, was younger than me by a year, but she's long dead now. And my former coworker, Emily, who was also a year my junior, really attracted the **** out of me due to our sarcastic banter and whatnot. Really even the two women I dated when briefly when I was 18 and 19 were older than me by a year or two but I didn't find them attractive at all hence the brief dating.

I'm the kind of man who's been looking for the princess in every castle. I want to be some girl's knight. Desperately. I planned my wedding when I was 9 years old and I've just wanted to find the one to love and it feels like that's never going to happen.
I'm almost 22 for ****'s sake I've never even had a girl on my lap, at this point I'd be hard-pressed to even admit I know what to do with her if I got her (but I'd know what to do, god knowing I would know what to do just...be a little nervous at first).
The main thing I can just say is...I'm attracted to women who are nice/kind to me and who peak my intellectual interest and can banter with me sarcastically or provide me with either a sense of being on my toes to keep up with them (Emily) or that warm, comforting feeling that most women provide. I just want to find the princess in the tower damnit and be the knight already. At this point it feels like I have to be getting there, I have to be getting close at least. Right?

Old 09-27-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
Are you aware of the fact that most men your age, at some point begging to fall in lust with women older than you...... and that is only a passing fancy....?

I don't know what the hell I feel. At least I'm Human enough to admit that. But I intend to live while I figure it out.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:43 AM

399 posts, read 221,041 times
I have some dating experience with women around age 40.

I've never particularly sought out women who are way older. It has just happened that I get along really well with some women who are a lot older (I'm 26).

I view the age gap as a blessing and a curse. The benefits:
More experience with life. More stories to share. More experience with relationships. More mature.

The downsides:
1. Likely that I will outlive them.
2. From my experience, they are more likely to have major emotional issues that you have to be prepared to accept (not yet clear to me if they can be healed).

If you're not taking the long term view (next 40 years) the main thing to be ready for the internal challenges your partner has.

From my personal experience, both women I went out with have dealt with major self esteem issues throughout their lives.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:52 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Pretty much what SingaporeLady said. Other than that? I don't know. I get along better with older people. And my two most significant crushes, not gonna lie, were both teachers.

And trust me SingaporeLady, we may be far apart but there's still plenty that could be done, lol :P.
I believe, youre just fantasizing. There’s a lot of women that fit your description that’s in your age range. Do you think you’re the only one that’s young and wise beyond your age at 21? And no woman your age feel the way you do?

Quote:
May I ask why?
Most of they guys I know that have a strict preference for older women believe older women become desperate and are more open to dating young men, who otherwise can’t get women their age because of their insecurities. Little do these guys know, most older women are quite the opposite - they’re pickier than ever due to their relationship experiences.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:49 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Most of they guys I know that have a strict preference for older women believe older women become desperate and are more open to dating young men, who otherwise can’t get women their age because of their insecurities. Little do these guys know, most older women are quite the opposite - they’re pickier than ever due to their relationship experiences.

Yup, because of that, and reduced insecurities.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

I know. I just wanted to see if he’d have something more original to say than the same thing I’ve heard other young men say. It’s the same.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I know. I just wanted to see if he’d have something more original to say than the same thing I’ve heard other young men say. It’s the same.

Sorry to disapoint. I'm definitely not just fantasizing, though I might be a little off in fantasyland regardling relationships, sue me, I still have my romanticism and idealism intact.

And trust me deepsix, I have thought about those things. I've thought about how I want kids and a 40 year old woman would be hard-pressed to be able to provide that and how when she's 60 I'll likely be 40. I've thought it over, I'm just leaping at logs here. I actually thought about this ****. Remember, naive not stupid. There's a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships