Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:50 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,011,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Beer guts are sexy!

(Also my dad is in his 60s and he doesn’t have one)
Beer guts are a sign of a heart attack waiting to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 09:51 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,011,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What about a great big can on a woman, lol, this goes both ways, and truth be told I see plenty of women younger, much younger sporting the wide load.
I've even seen my share of beer guts on women. lol Some don't carry their weight in the caboose.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:07 PM

399 posts, read 219,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I actually get hit on by younger dudes in their mid twenties more often than men my age. So far, I've found:

1. They are just ridiculously immature to where I can't even take it.
2. Over-the-top romantic, which they seem to think impresses me (it doesn't, at least not without us actually being in love first)
3. They assumed I was far younger than I am and got bummed and changed their minds when they learned my real age. (how many times I've heard "Oh..wow. I had no idea you were THAT old" ugh...thanks?)
I'm in my mid 20s. Just out of curiosity, what kind of behaviors lead you to characterise them as immature?

I sort of fall into category 2, except only after we were in love.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:49 PM

17 posts, read 17,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I don't know. I'm in that range and I'm kind of past the point of looking for anything in particular other than a shared sense of humor/general life philosophy and liking similar activities. I don't really believe most relationships last forever anyway. I only think ahead the next few years and try to see if we'd be compatible for that long and if we last, go from there. I am generally attracted to guys older than me but for the absolutely right 20 something, maybe. I do feel like it's a stretch for me to imagine one that would be right though... I actually get hit on by younger dudes in their mid twenties more often than men my age. So far, I've found:

1. They are just ridiculously immature to where I can't even take it.
2. Over-the-top romantic, which they seem to think impresses me (it doesn't, at least not without us actually being in love first)
3. They assumed I was far younger than I am and got bummed and changed their minds when they learned my real age. (how many times I've heard "Oh..wow. I had no idea you were THAT old" ugh...thanks?)

And what conclusion did you come to? If you want kids, this makes a lot less sense to me. If you were childfree I could see, because then the woman would be less fertile and an accidental baby would be far less likely. If you want kids, you'd have very little time to make it happen with her, although I guess if you meet her at 40 and get to it super fast, you could.

Well, if you're in the market let me know, lol.
And yes. In regards to children I basically came to the conclusion that...I'll see how it goes. Worst case scenario I could always adopt, right?

Old 09-30-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I'll tell you what. Not looking for as young as the op but am beginning to wonder at what age is the cut off for finding a man without a 'beer gut'
Seems to me to be about 45 form all the profiles I've looked at.

I work out on a daily basis and eat semi-healthy (I cheat on my diet) so I don't have that problem yet. Granted I'm far from a model's physique.
I weigh 210 lbs but then I'm also 6'8 so it balances out.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol! Good for you, OP. And congrats on your business venture! I wish you success. IMO too many lives have been sidetracked by parents who tried to control the course of studies, when paying for their kids' university studies. Best wishes for success!

Thank you. So far so good. My dad still thinks I'm a moron but I finally enjoy heading to work. Granted it's turning my hair grey.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I actually have no problem with romanticism and idealism. It’s one of the things that make younger men attractive. (They are hopeful and not negative)

Well thank god because I am still Hopelessly, hopelessly romantic and naive in my relationship views. I'm Ted from HIMYM. Except without the Josh Radnorisms.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:57 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,837,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframInventorofWarp View Post
Well, if you're in the market let me know, lol.
And yes. In regards to children I basically came to the conclusion that...I'll see how it goes. Worst case scenario I could always adopt, right?
Yes and no. Adoption agencies have certain rules. For instance, many will not adopt an infant out to couples over I think 40. You can't "just" grab a Gerber baby when you're finally ready. Plus, you'll be older and you may be less patient by then. This doesn't happen to everyone, and I personally know over-40 first time parents who are wonderful parents, but I also know some very very tired ones. And I know a lot of men who say they don't want to be 60 with teens running around the house and producing drama.

I'm not saying, just grab anybody and settle. What I'm saying is, men don't seem to take into consideration that in many ways they're on a time constraint too. Women do because we have an obvious physical sign of the ending of fertility. Men's physical aging inevitabilities, including a decline in sperm quality resulting in a higher chance of birth defects, mean men don't feel as rushed, until you get there and then the issues pop up.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
I get that. Just don't think it's a good idea to go after older women to the exclusion of younger women. If nothing else, having experience with younger women will help you manage a relationship with that you ultimately want.

You stated that you have basically zero dating experience. I think fixing that would be a good idea before going after women who are pickier.

I disagree. My best friend is was a serial womanizer up until a little while ago (at which point he started coming to me for advice) and he and my brother and others have always tried to get me to "slay a few dragons" before getting to the princess and honestly, going out to the bars with them I've had several chances to do just that I just, didn't take them. Because I just can't do casual. I'm not a casual kind of guy. And I'm not gonna go compromise that just to quell a few insecurities at this point.

And in reply to Chowhound, yes. I am very much definitely Canadian, eh. Is everyone else American?

Old 09-30-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
I'm in my mid 20s. Just out of curiosity, what kind of behaviors lead you to characterise them as immature?

I sort of fall into category 2, except only after we were in love.

Oooo yeah I'm also definitely in category 2. WAY through the roof romantic. I start to like a girl and I fall HARD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships