Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 02:13 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,112,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
Totally agree! I read in a book once to smile to everyone I meet. It was the best advice and made me love being out and around people. I used to be so shy and scared of people. I had relationships end due to men telling me I was in my shell. Now I’m totally open and happy! I recommend what you said to everyone who is shy.
We are of a like mind.

Unhappy people make other people unhappy. Happy people make other people happy, and you can feel it yourself especially when they smile too.

I've had so much social anxiety and shyness in my life that now I've licked it I want to share my experience with others in the hope I may help other shy people. I share my ideas here on the forum whenever the subject comes up. If I can help even a dozen people then it's my time well spent.

I'll even add that smiling is the lubrication of social interactions! It's a shared interaction that both participants can gain, it makes everybody's lives better. It works particularly well in commercial transactions such as banks, supermarkets, stores, etc., that sales people probably have boring jobs (IDK) and I'm sure it helps their working day to meet cheery customers. I just love to give these people a break! And I walk away feeling good too!

Those structured interactions in commercial environments also help you gain abilities in less structured social situations. It's another step along the way to becoming comfortable with meeting potential dates in a non-structured environment.

This social interaction also helps me once I get home since I live alone. I feel less lonesome and less isolated thinking about my positive interactions during the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 02:52 PM

553 posts, read 302,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
We are of a like mind.

Unhappy people make other people unhappy. Happy people make other people happy, and you can feel it yourself especially when they smile too.

I've had so much social anxiety and shyness in my life that now I've licked it I want to share my experience with others in the hope I may help other shy people. I share my ideas here on the forum whenever the subject comes up. If I can help even a dozen people then it's my time well spent.

I'll even add that smiling is the lubrication of social interactions! It's a shared interaction that both participants can gain, it makes everybody's lives better. It works particularly well in commercial transactions such as banks, supermarkets, stores, etc., that sales people probably have boring jobs (IDK) and I'm sure it helps their working day to meet cheery customers. I just love to give these people a break! And I walk away feeling good too!

Those structured interactions in commercial environments also help you gain abilities in less structured social situations. It's another step along the way to becoming comfortable with meeting potential dates in a non-structured environment.

This social interaction also helps me once I get home since I live alone. I feel less lonesome and less isolated thinking about my positive interactions during the day.
Yep, sounds like we had the same journey!

Hope you find someone to share all your happiness with!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships