Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 08:09 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
I would not assume everyone who treats someone rudely knows they are being rude and as the previous poster stated the person who ghosted her, apologized.
Do you really think a rude person gives a flying you know what about your correcting them? If you did that to me I'd have a reply that I can't quote in my post due to CD's TOS. Anyway it's anatomically impossible.

Except guess what? The real world has no social TOS!

Get real Maddie. You are living in a dreamland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 08:31 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,000 times
What's the risk of speaking your mind, though?

If they're just going to ignore you when you call them out on their ghosting, then where's the risk, where's the harm?

Old 10-03-2018, 08:40 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
After four dates, I'd be peeved, but then let it go and move on.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
What's the risk of speaking your mind, though?

If they're just going to ignore you when you call them out on their ghosting, then where's the risk, where's the harm?
They'll think you're an arse and will be confirmed in their opinion that you weren't suitable for dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
After four dates, I'd be peeved, but then let it go and move on.
Almost that same thing happened to me recently. She texted me to cancel our date the next evening, with no explanation. (There was a bit more, not relevant.) I simply never replied. I figured the lack of a reply would indicate my scorn. It's funny, I was beginning to think of her as a 'keeper.' My bad.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:58 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
They'll think you're an arse and will be confirmed in their opinion that you weren't suitable for dating.

Almost that same thing happened to me recently. She texted me to cancel our date the next evening, with no explanation. (There was a bit more, not relevant.) I simply never replied. I figured the lack of a reply would indicate my scorn. It's funny, I was beginning to think of her as a 'keeper.' My bad.
I can do it, but after the 5th or 6th person ghosts, I may say something to the last person. Not "insult" like the OP said, but more like letting them know it wasn't appreciated.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I can do it, but after the 5th or 6th person ghosts, I may say something to the last person. Not "insult" like the OP said, but more like letting them know it wasn't appreciated.
I could care less what a person thinks if they ghost me. Once I realize I'm ghosted I just delete their phone and info and move on.

There is an infinite number of fish in the ocean, and Los Angeles is on the Pacific coast!

Old 10-04-2018, 06:17 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
I could care less what a person thinks if they ghost me. Once I realize I'm ghosted I just delete their phone and info and move on.

There is an infinite number of fish in the ocean, and Los Angeles is on the Pacific coast!
Well, luck you then. I live in an area where it's not like that.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:48 AM

It's not the plethora of women in metropolitan areas such as mine. And it's not luck. Any US citizen or permanent resident can move here if they want. That's why our 405 freeway is always 4 or 5 mph. (Local joke.) Really, TT, why don't you move to a more metro area?

It's the immaturity of gaining some psychological kick some sick people get in having the last word or telling somebody off.

If you are never going see somebody ever again, what is the point in communicating further? I can think of only some outraged, sick need to tell them off.

People, they don't want you. Just let it go, let it go. Move on and meet your next love interest.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:51 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Have '5 or 6' recently ghosted you?

Old 10-04-2018, 07:52 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
If you are never going see somebody ever again, what is the point in communicating further? I can think of only some outraged, sick need to tell them off.

I think it is a toxic mindset that far too many people think of as "pride". It isn't the healthy pride most of us think of when we think of the term, but a self defensive "people shall respect me or they'll hear it!" type of thing. It's unfortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships