Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 01:18 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times

Advertisements

Not sure why I didn't put this together before....

But, OP, aren't you the hookup guy?

Isn't there already a high risk that ghosting occurs in these 'encounters'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 02:23 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
In the past if I didn't get a response within a reasonable amount of time, I'd message "Ok Bye" (not Bye Felicia, just Bye).

The intention was dismissive, that they never got back to me quickly.
However, that would then elicit a response like "Oh, busy atm" or they will get back to me next day.
Usually these are just hook-ups, so I guess they may not get back unless they are in the mood

This one ticked me because he had asked What time & never replied. Perhaps it would've been better if he didn't even message anything at all.
Youre really looking at what he could do different instead of you.

So you dont have low self esteem, youre just immature.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:57 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,732,440 times
Quote:
No I do not have low self esteem, I have a spunky high strung disposition.
Just because I like to call someone out... or have the last word... or ruffle their feathers, does not mean I have low self esteem.

In the context of sexual hook ups, I think very highly of myself in terms of being physically attractive.
Really? Because this other thread you made seems to say otherwise, like you're questioning how you look.

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...lb-guy-am.html

If you feel that you need to call someone out and have the last word, then you might not have low self esteem, but you ARE immature!

Old 10-09-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I would use a different term but then I'd have to deal with a 7 day vacation from posting on this forum.

Hey krosser100, are you an adult? Actually adult maturity is generally about 25 years old. (A psychologist friend recently told me she thinks more like 28 due to the wasted time kids spend on games instead of socializing, and due to needing to learn more at school which takes time away from time required for emotional development.)

If you are less than late 20s then I can understand your feelings. Maybe when you reach your late 20s you'll be able to not act like a spoiled child.
100% agree

Old 10-09-2018, 08:07 PM

587 posts, read 423,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Really? Because this other thread you made seems to say otherwise, like you're questioning how you look.

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...lb-guy-am.html

If you feel that you need to call someone out and have the last word, then you might not have low self esteem, but you ARE immature!
No I do NOT question how I look, that other thread was about 1) getting others' opinions on what they would define my physical size & 2) expressing frustration in finding adult-sized clothing, it has NOTHING to do with any insecurity that YOU may perceive me to have.

Clean up your own thoughts before trying to tie-in some unrelated thread as if your probing matters

Old 10-10-2018, 03:47 AM

268 posts, read 216,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Well, that was before smart phones and other devices and so on. With 2018 and today's technology, there's NO excuse to be ghosting. Short quick text is all it takes, man.

My mom has purposely stayed away from smart phones, she has a flip phone, and she's always teasing her friends of the same age, about how when she contacts them, they miss her call or whatever.

Next day she sees the neighbor out in the yard and she'd be like, "Hey didn't you get my email/call?" They look at their phone, "Oh yeah, right sorry! lol" She's like "You mean with all that fancy stuff you carry with you, you still didn't get my email/call?"

With people always checking their phones every 5 mins, you'd think they'd return a simple text.
People are so funny style!!

Old 10-11-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
No I do NOT question how I look, that other thread was about 1) getting others' opinions on what they would define my physical size & 2) expressing frustration in finding adult-sized clothing, it has NOTHING to do with any insecurity that YOU may perceive me to have.

Clean up your own thoughts before trying to tie-in some unrelated thread as if your probing matters
Clean my thoughts?? :dubiou

You’re on CD and the internet asking for strangers opinions, so I gave mine. I also think my observations are correct based on your threads and comments. No worries, I’ll move on!

Old 10-13-2018, 06:49 PM

193 posts, read 92,938 times
If you're a man and the ghoster is a woman, yes society would label you as bitter and even misogynistic if you insult her. The way society looks at it, ghosting is cruel narcissistic behavior when a man does it to a woman, however when a woman does it to a man, it is considered perfectly reasonable, as no woman should have to put up with a guy who doesn't match up to her standards.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:09 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
And, Exhibit A, is why casual sex is a myth. You hooked up and are now ticked that she doesn't respond.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The hookup culture and the ghosting culture have a lot in common--and not in a good way.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:44 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
it does come off as bitter when you insult someone who has ghosted you. But it is understandable. When someone ghosts me, I typically ghost back and move on with my life. And if I see that person again, I don't pay her any attention. For one thing, it might be someone that just looks like her. I've been mistaken for someone else. But I just continue on with my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships