Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 05:10 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,447,211 times

Advertisements

Why would you want to live with a divorced, emotionless gamer with three children? Ever?

Sounds horrible. Maybe you should find a more engaging companion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 05:47 PM

952 posts, read 2,633,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Make him marry you first.

marry first before living together??

Old 10-03-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Why would you want to live with a divorced, emotionless gamer with three children? Ever?

Sounds horrible. Maybe you should find a more engaging companion.
oh if only it were that simple lol
working full time single parent, with 2 kids, no one to look after them for date nights etc..
my situation is definitely not easy - and that really is no excuse, that is my legit reason of not being able to 'move on'

Old 10-03-2018, 05:52 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,417,068 times
Because this hasn't come up, I'll fall on the grenade of hate that's going to spew my way.... flame suit on/

Have you considered what other options you might have? It's not as though you're presenting yourself as top tier relationship material. 38, single with kids, oh... wait, you're not even divorced yet! Geez, you want a guy who's been burned 3 times to shack up with someone who's still married? Yeah... as always, there's a Whole lot more to this complete story than what's presented. You also posted about moving half way across the US 2 years back (about the timeline for your current dating situation), if you mentioned it to him he might just be waiting for you to set about doing that.

He could be legitimately gun shy. I know that when I met my wife, it was 2 years before we moved in together.... and I didn't have 3 failed marriages (heck, I didn't have 3 failed Relationships). You're painting a pretty picture where he's the one completely at fault here, I don't think that's the case. Not saying he's completely blameless either, that's not realistic either... looking for the Honest truth (you might be missing it too).

Old 10-03-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
So, you’re not happy with this relationship but stick with it because you cannot deal with life without it?
yep i guess i'm settling for less than what I deserve? I make zero effort for myself, handling my 2 kids alone is hard, all my focus goes to them

Old 10-03-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Because this hasn't come up, I'll fall on the grenade of hate that's going to spew my way.... flame suit on/

Have you considered what other options you might have? It's not as though you're presenting yourself as top tier relationship material. 38, single with kids, oh... wait, you're not even divorced yet! Geez, you want a guy who's been burned 3 times to shack up with someone who's still married? Yeah... as always, there's a Whole lot more to this complete story than what's presented. You also posted about moving half way across the US 2 years back (about the timeline for your current dating situation), if you mentioned it to him he might just be waiting for you to set about doing that.

He could be legitimately gun shy. I know that when I met my wife, it was 2 years before we moved in together.... and I didn't have 3 failed marriages (heck, I didn't have 3 failed Relationships). You're painting a pretty picture where he's the one completely at fault here, I don't think that's the case. Not saying he's completely blameless either, that's not realistic either... looking for the Honest truth (you might be missing it too).
I'm confused. I'm divorced (once) and he is divorced (x3) ...

Old 10-03-2018, 06:19 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
oh if only it were that simple lol
working full time single parent, with 2 kids, no one to look after them for date nights etc..
my situation is definitely not easy - and that really is no excuse, that is my legit reason of not being able to 'move on'
Ok, I kind of get it. Does your ex not share custody?

Trouble with this guy is he’s getting in the way of finding someone better.

My husband and I were both young middle aged with homes of our own till we married. We were on the same page about living separately until it was legal, for several reasons. Honestly, neither of us minded a night off occasionally while we were dating. We stayed over regularly so it wasn’t a stretch.

It keeps things fresh to have your own place. Your kids don’t need some weirdo boyfriend camping there. You will be fine without anyone until a really good guy finds you. It’s so much simpler that way.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Ok, I kind of get it. Does your ex not share custody?

Trouble with this guy is he’s getting in the way of finding someone better.

My husband and I were both young middle aged with homes of our own till we married. We were on the same page about living separately until it was legal, for several reasons. Honestly, neither of us minded a night off occasionally while we were dating. We stayed over regularly so it wasn’t a stretch.

It keeps things fresh to have your own place. Your kids don’t need some weirdo boyfriend camping there. You will be fine without anyone until a really good guy finds you. It’s so much simpler that way.
my ex is in cali. I have full custody of the girls
my kids have gotten used to him coming around and staying. we go out for dinner and movies now and then. not all the time though.
after 2 years we haven't exactly 'blended' our families that much....

Old 10-03-2018, 07:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Make him marry you first.
Word.

And if you don’t want to marry him then don’t live with him.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:13 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
why is he ok with living together now though after 2 years dating!?
I was ready for it a long time ago. He kept me waiting.
And now that he wants to. Now that it SUITS him. Now that he's READY to leave best gamer buddy.
Now I feel like "ugh I can't be bothered anymore"
Well, I don't think it is fair to fault him for not being ready on your timetable. Both people have to be ready. You wouldn't move in with someone before you were ready because they said it was what they wanted, right? I hope not.

But yes, 3 divorces already is a big red flag. And the lack of emotions thing is a big deal too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships