Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 05:03 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times

Advertisements

How long was she with the guy before the 3 year marriage? If it was a short time and then that lousy 3 years, it shouldn’t take her long to bounce back. Anyone who has been through that is going to have trust issues. It could take months or years to work through that. Enjoy the sex. Be aware of the trust issue. Take your time and don’t rush into a committed relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 05:22 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
You have only heard one side of the story. What is it about this girl which even made her husband think of someone else? Who goes to marriage counselling for 3 years?

Personally, I would move on.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:54 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Why would you want to spend time with somebody that's always in a bad mood???

Old 10-08-2018, 06:52 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
There is a stereotype that people who have recently divorced are more promiscuous. Ive even met men who deliberately went after recently divorced women because he believed they were easy. I have no idea if this is true, but Your lady friend many be frustrated by your lack of romantic aggressiveness.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:52 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I started dating a girl who ended a 3 year marriage 6 months ago. We are both in our 30's. Her ex cheated on her 3 days after their marriage!! And the following years were marriage counseling to make it through. It took its toll on her. She is coming on really strong, always texting me, and things are getting sexual. Even though she appears to be into me, she always seems in a bad mood or kind of sad when I am with her in person. Likely hangover from the divorce, as it took a lot out of her.

My concern is that the last girl I dated was just like her and recently divorced. She seemed very into me and came on very strong, and then she just disappeared for no reason. I was likely a rebound or she just wasn't ready to date. I have reason to be cautious. I told her upfront that I don't want to put pressure on things and have no expectations. I also still don't feel strongly for her one way or the other, so I'm not at risk of getting hurt yet. I guess as long as the sex and companionship is good for both of us, I shouldn't worry? Are there red flags here? What are your thoughts?
there is a pattern. Find out why you are attracted to moody and sad women who aren't emotional available.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:53 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I plan to address the sadness if it continues. My expectation is that if she actually likes me and is over the divorce, her mood should improve. If not, she isn’t ready and I am the rebound or just not for her.
Youre already the rebound.

If she is all chatty in text, but then is always in a bad mood in person, the cynic in my would just think she doesnt really like you, but you are the placeholder.
I also would think that she was the one that cheated after 3 days even though she says her husband did. I think she said that to throw you off the scent.
Unless you know a believable backstory to how that happened, I wouldnt buy it.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:22 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,737 times
I too would move on unless you want to be a counselor.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:26 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Why do you refer to her as a "girl"? Is she immature??

Old 10-08-2018, 02:46 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
There is a stereotype that people who have recently divorced are more promiscuous. Ive even met men who deliberately went after recently divorced women because he believed they were easy. I have no idea if this is true, but Your lady friend many be frustrated by your lack of romantic aggressiveness.
Oh wow. What in my post Indicated she was frustrated my by lack of romantic aggressiveness, because she keeps giving me signals she wants me to be very romantically aggressive. Almost abnormally. She is very clear she wants and likes it when I am romantically aggressive. She commented after our last date how turned on she was after I did something sexually aggressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships