Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 09:51 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwang369 View Post
Hello everyone, my name is steph and let's call my husband John. John and I are married, recently we havent been getting along too well. Without getting into to much detail we just havent been seeing eye to eye lately. I know marriage is no walk in the park but ive been doing my best to communicate with him and resolve our issues. I find myself easily annoyed being in his presence. He's very one sided and doesn't really seem to care about what upsets me.

To make a long story short I'm always saved in his contact list as ' wife ' just recently I noticed he changed it to my name. I addressed the situation at first he laughed and said he didn't know what I was talking about. Then he said lots of things in his phone got deleted, he assummed it was me and said he thought I didn't want to be ' wife ' in his phone anymore..... I dont believe him none whatsoever

Today I asked him can he changed it back to ' wife ' his response ' why???? What's wrong with your name I dont see anything wrong with that ' I expressed that it bothered me and I would like it to be what it's always been.... so far he hasn't changed it back I am pissed off am I wrong? What else can I do
Who deleted stuff in his phone .. you?

So since you have been snooping and didn't find anything, I guess we do not have to worry about another woman?

Does he do other shady stuff, comes home late, change of clothes...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 12:40 AM

777 posts, read 452,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwang369 View Post

To make a long story short I'm always saved in his contact list as ' wife ' just recently I noticed he changed it to my name. I addressed the situation at first he laughed and said he didn't know what I was talking about. Then he said lots of things in his phone got deleted, he assummed it was me and said he thought I didn't want to be ' wife ' in his phone anymore..... I dont believe him none whatsoever

Today I asked him can he changed it back to ' wife ' his response ' why???? What's wrong with your name I dont see anything wrong with that ' I expressed that it bothered me and I would like it to be what it's always been.... so far he hasn't changed it back I am pissed off am I wrong? What else can I do
I can see the point about this being petty and controlling and you shouldn't be snooping on his phone.

I can also see possible evidence of gaslighting. If you are not familiar with it, google it. You will either see it in other aspects of your relationships, or you won't. If you do... get out. Trust me on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships