Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 11:09 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I effed up by not going to your high school, Pineapple!
Awwww yeah! Me and my boys @da club be like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_LIGbj8zHk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 11:14 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
I could learn the moves from the dude in the background, but I'd never make the on the floor moves... and survive. If I did survive I'd at least be able to park in handicap parking spots after I adjusted to my new wheel chair.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:36 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
I got that all out of my system in the 90s. I think if I went to a "club" looking to dance now, I still know how (bc I'm dong the Belinda Carlisle in my kitchen almost every time I make dinner) someone would inevitably say "hey! your mom's here!" to get a good laugh, and they'd be right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEokB2_OZOY
I do have 50cent on my Ipod, along with music only people my daughters age normally listen to, but that's bc this last single time was with kids her age in my house. I listen on my power walks.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I got that all out of my system in the 90s. I think if I went to a "club" looking to dance now, I still know how (bc I'm dong the Belinda Carlisle in my kitchen almost every time I make dinner) someone would inevitably say "hey! your mom's here!" to get a good laugh, and they'd be right.
I really loved your song RbccL! Sure, I could do that! With a bit of practice of course. BTW that song was originally written and performed by the Go Gos and I'll be surprised if they didn't play it at Whiskey a Go Go. Damn! I missed out on all that because of my shyness.

At least I fixed my shyness. Now that I'm not shy I wanna do the things I missed out on back then. That's my motivation in discussing this topic.

I was in fine fettle last night as I was cleaning my kitchen after dinner and jumping and twitching to GaGa!

Old 10-11-2018, 12:04 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When I think of clubs I think of DJs and techno..... not bands. Might be a regional thing.
For the most part this is true. However, one of the most popular venues for live music here in D.C. is the 9:30 Club. I lost track of how many times I've been here in the sixteen years I've lived here, but it's in the hundreds. They do get some techno and dance oriented bands, but for the most part it's rock/indie type.

Personally, I can't stand the non-live music clubs. I did go when I was in college, but only a few times. Just not my scene. Most people there are there either to get trashed and/or to hook-up. It's not about the music at all. Live music places on the other hand I've always found a great place to meet people. Although it's hard during the sets, in between sets (which are usually 20 to 30 minutes) are a great time to mingle and chat.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:08 PM

My interest is in live music. I don't want any DJ either, except between the band's sets. It would be nice if the DJ brings the volume down enough so people have the option of dancing or chatting.

And I'm not interested in hooking up. I plan to bring my date. If I didn't express myself well, that's what I meant in the OP. I think dancing together could help bring a couple closer. Probably would. Dancing is great exercise too! (Um, so is sex. )

Old 10-11-2018, 06:25 PM

553 posts, read 302,490 times
Probably the best thing would be a throw back night at your local club to whatever decade you were a teenager or 20 in.
Or dance the two of you to music at your place.

I loved the club scene when I was in my 20s.

Very rarely I get the itch to go clubbing and then when I get there I’m like, yep this ship has sailed.

Not to mention most clubs start picking up after midnight and I don’t want to leave my house after 9pm.

If she has a good sense of humor though it would be fun to go and prove to yourself you are no longer 20.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I enjoyed clubbing throughout High School and College, but I would probably look out of place in a club today, Lol. Clubbing for me back in the days wasn't about dancing at all, but socializing.

Ive never thought of dancing to be too strenuous, especially when the dance floor is jam-packed. The only move a guy can really do is fist-pump while the women is bumping&grinding on you, Lol.
It is if you try salsa, merengue, samba or west african music. Oh and most carribbean music. I’d leave sweating to death.

And it turns out tbose beats are very conducive to seeing how people move as well.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is if you try salsa, merengue, samba or west african music. Oh and most carribbean music. I’d leave sweating to death.

And it turns out tbose beats are very conducive to seeing how people move as well.
We are of a like mind! That's exactly what I meant.

I see dancing as a surrogate and precursor to having sex. You are having symbolic sex on the dance floor, he and she checking out each other's moves, checking out each other's bodies and how they move.

And re: an earlier post, I too wanna be in bed by midnight. Either way, alone or with company, there is no way I'll ever close the bars again, 2 a.m. in California.

If I'm up at 2 a.m. I had better be working out hard or sleeping hard. (There has to be a double entendre in here somewhere...)

Old 10-12-2018, 01:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Or bachata. I love seeing these lil kids kill it. So good.

https://youtu.be/w7zY54t7THA

Last edited by srjth; 10-12-2018 at 01:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships