Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 11:01 PM

17 posts, read 18,004 times

Advertisements

I went to school with this really awesome girl for like ten years since we were little kids and I had a crush on her beginning in something like the sixth grade, Middle School, 'cause I was bullied a lot but she was always really nice to me. Well, I'm 21 now (she'll probably be 21 in December, I think her birthday is December, I have her on Facebook). A little while ago (like a few months ago) I was with some coworkers from my office and got really drunk and ended up mentioning how I want a wife and such. I've never really been in a relationship, never been with a woman, been waiting for the right one but anyway I mentioned her, let's call her Jensen. They suggested I message her so I did and then I handed it off to them since I'm ****ty at talking to women let alone her. Later on after I sobered up I saw the messages and realized I didn't know where to go from there, so I suggested my friend Will help me out since he was a womanizer for a long time. He asked me to send him a picture of what was said up to that point so he could know where to go from and silly me...I sent it to her, in my infinite wisdom. No doubt creeping her out. She never really reacted to it in any way and I went back to focusing on developing my career (I work as an insurance salesman and honestly focusing on career has kinda helped me since I leave on a company retreat soon to go to a management training program for 3 weeks away from my hometown and I'm also working on launching a publishing company).

Well, I've sort of been returning to dating the past month (or at least trying in my own horrible way) and I saw the picture message I send her back in July again and I figured I'd return to her, since I really like her, as much as I may have ****ed up and ruined the whole thing with the picture. I should also add the picture had my tabs in it and a couple of them were definitely NSFW. I'm single so hey, what the ****? But I mean, damn I want to fix this somehow, anyhow.

Gotta be honest I don't even know if she's single, last time I saw her in person in high school she was dating this guy named Jacob who I kinda liked actually, nice guy. I remember she even asked me after I had met him once if I liked him for some reason. But Will told me he cheated on her more than once apparently (he's fuzzy on that, he's 75% sure he did). The guy is kinda good-looking though and I'm well...I mean I like to think I'm decent. Physically fit, tall 6'8, tattooed and of German decent but I just...I don't know maybe it's 'cause she was more of a popular girl and I had a crush on her all through school while I was getting my ass beat but I just never figured I'd be able to get her. Working my job though I guess has made me more bold. To be completely honest I would've figured after sending that picture she'd call the cops on me or block me or something and yet she still shows up as a Facebook friend so I mean, that's gotta mean something, right?

Maybe I'm grasping at straws here but I just want to get the opinions of random female strangers on the internet (hah, that's an Oxymoron) before I go and potentially make a jackass out of myself or maybe even worse, get my ass beat again.

Women? All answers helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 11:11 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
I honestly don’t see any way to salvage this.

If you get in a situation where you see her regularly, maybe you can charm her. But when dealing with online communication you can’t be careless. You don’t have to be super smooth but you can’t make a blunder like this.

I would do whatever you can to move forward and forget her.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:41 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,890,074 times
Oh boy, think you are sunk...add this to your list of "never agains" and be glad she didn't reply. Her response would probably make you feel even worse! How your looks compare to anyone else doesn't matter one bit.

Old 11-23-2018, 12:36 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframInventorofWarp View Post
They suggested I message her so I did and then I handed it off to them since I'm ****ty at talking to women let alone her. Later on after I sobered up I saw the messages and realized I didn't know where to go from there, so I suggested my friend Will help me out since he was a womanizer for a long time. He asked me to send him a picture of what was said up to that point so he could know where to go from and silly me...I sent it to her, in my infinite wisdom. No doubt creeping her out. She never really reacted to it in any way.
So she was replying to your messages on Facebook and you took a snapshot of the messages and sent it to her by mistake?

Old 11-23-2018, 09:55 AM

147 posts, read 91,145 times
It doesn't sound like you had anything romantic with her. You were friends in middle school?

Honestly, I would write her an apology and leave it at that. You care about this girl but she probably thinks you are a freak and rightfully so. There is no coming out of that. I think she will appreciate the apology and if you are sincere, she might see that. As a woman, I would feel terrible if a guy did that to me. I would feel bullied.

It's hard to like a guy romantically after that.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:16 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Maybe she didn't respond, because she didn't know what to make of the snapshot you sent her. Did it contain any note, to go with the snapshot, like a note to your dude friend, with his name? If not, maybe she just ignored it, and there's nothing to "salvage". If I'd received something like that, I'd have thought "This is weird, what's this?", and just been puzzled about it, and would have ignored it, or just sent you a "??" back.

But for future reference, never ask a womanizer for dating advice. They'll give you terrible advice that will creep out the type of women you're looking for, in most cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships