Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 02:58 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times

Advertisements

Your original post does sound waaay over the top. I hope you take a step back and see how you sound. A grown adult should not need the attention of a newborn.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:00 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post
Thats fine...
I'm not going to contact him for the remaining 11 days until he's back then.
good idea...and don't be angry when he does get back.
Isn't this what you wanted for him?...to live a dream???

Can't you live without him for a month?????
You ARE invisible....get real...he's enjoying his trip....give him some space, and be HAPPY for him when he comes back,.
By compaining about his lack of contact you're turning his wonderful backpacking trip into a drama all about you!

Old 10-15-2018, 03:01 PM

271 posts, read 157,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Don't you want him to have a good time and enjoy the moment? Don't you trust him? Not everything is about you.
But he HASNT made any effort to reassure me. If he wanted to do such a big drastic thing like to backpacking alone in Asia for a month... then he needs to reassure me by keeping in touch. He needs to be mature and communicate with me. How can he feel he has the right to do something like this for himself and then not keep in touch with me? Is that okay??? Ihonestly don't feel like I really trust him as he's not keeping in touch and often just ignoring my messages or disappearing from conversations. I want him to have a good time and enjoy the moment of course, I've already mentioned that in my original post, why is he just not making any effort to keep in touch with me? He could take 30 seconds to message me once every 3 days and that would be enough. He could message me from his bed, at a cafe, bar or restaurant, when he's on a bus or public transport, I'm sure he has PLENTY of downtime and it's like he just can't even think of me. Trust me he's probably the one having a good time...hell be Meeting lots of new people, seeing and experiencing new things, travelling from place to place.... I'm the one upset and missing him at home so why couldn't he consider me in even the smallest way?????

Old 10-15-2018, 03:05 PM

553 posts, read 302,023 times
Quote:
But he HASNT made any effort to reassure me. If he wanted to do such a big drastic thing like to backpacking alone in Asia for a month... then he needs to reassure me by keeping in touch. I honestly don't feel like I really trust him as he's not keeping in touch and often just ignoring my messages or disappearing from conversations. I want him to have a good time and enjoy the moment of course, I've already mentioned that in my original post, why is he just not making any effort to keep in touch with me? He could take 30 seconds to message me once every 3 days and that would be enough. He could message me from his bed, at a cafe, bar or restaurant, when he's on a bus or public transport, I'm sure he has PLENTY of downtime and it's like he just can't even think of me. Trust me he's probably the one having a good time... Meeting lots of new people, seeing and experiencing new things, travelling from place to place.... I'm the one upset and missing him at home so why couldn't he consider me in even the smallest way?????
Probably because you annoy him!!!! He probably feels so happy to be away from you right now.

And it doesn't have to be like that. He should come home glad to see you, but with how needy you sound, I think he should end this unhealthy relationship you are suggesting you are in.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Would it really be a big deal if he temporarily forgot about you for 4 weeks? That's what vacation is. He's on vacation from everything, including you. Then when it's over you return to real life. What is the big deal? Don't be a nag.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:06 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
But he HASNT made any effort to reassure me. If he wanted to do such a big drastic thing like to backpacking alone in Asia for a month... then he needs to reassure me by keeping in touch. He needs to be mature and communicate with me. How can he feel he has the right to do something like this for himself and then not keep in touch with me? Is that okay??? Ihonestly don't feel like I really trust him as he's not keeping in touch and often just ignoring my messages or disappearing from conversations. I want him to have a good time and enjoy the moment of course, I've already mentioned that in my original post, why is he just not making any effort to keep in touch with me? He could take 30 seconds to message me once every 3 days and that would be enough. He could message me from his bed, at a cafe, bar or restaurant, when he's on a bus or public transport, I'm sure he has PLENTY of downtime and it's like he just can't even think of me. Trust me he's probably the one having a good time...hell be Meeting lots of new people, seeing and experiencing new things, travelling from place to place.... I'm the one upset and missing him at home so why couldn't he consider me in even the smallest way?????
You have a terrible relationship even when he's in town, in the same apartment as you.

Why do you expect anything different when he is BACKPACKING halfway around the world?

Old 10-15-2018, 03:07 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,432 times
If you've been together 5 years and you can't handle spotty communication for a measly 4 weeks then you've sincerely got a huge issue. You should be using this time away from him to find a job and learn how to be more self sufficient. You're clearly way too dependent on him and probably for the first time in these 5 years he feels like he's getting a little break and he's enjoying himself. If you truly loved him you'd let him have his fun and work on yourself now. Quit being so needy because it's one of the most unattractive traits anyone, either male or female, can have about themselves.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:07 PM

271 posts, read 157,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Would it really be a big deal if he temporarily forgot about you for 4 weeks? That's what vacation is. He's on vacation from everything, including you. Then when it's over you return to real life. What is the big deal? Don't be a nag.
Whaaat?????
I'm his girlfriend...why would he feel like he never wants to communicate with me whilst on vacation? I can't understand this to be honest and I think he's just been immature and unfair to me

Old 10-15-2018, 03:08 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
He doesn’t need to reassure you of your insecurity in this relationship, He is well
aware of that already judging from what you have written here about your history together.

Why do you bother with this guy? It doesn’t sound like you actually even like who he is.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:09 PM

553 posts, read 302,023 times
Quote:
Whaaat?????
I'm his girlfriend...why would he feel like he never wants to communicate with me whilst on vacation? I can't understand this to be honest and I think he's just been immature and unfair to me
Because after he talks to you he feels stressed and annoyed? Because you suck the joy out of life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships