Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 11:12 PM

160 posts, read 85,546 times

Advertisements

So I’ve met this guy for 2 times, both times were just casual drinks and talk. After the second date, he said he likes me a lot and ask if we could see a movie together. I said yes then he set up a date that’s almost 2 weeks apart. He and I live 10 miles away, and he didn’t mind to go out grab drinks later at night for the first 2 times cause he “wanted to connect soon”(what he said)

We kept texting and he would suggest places to go and even suggested lunch at his work, but again, no set date. Just “ one of these days.”

I started to think he didn’t really like me that much , and this might be a case of stringing along. If he liked me, he would want to see me sooner or have more concrete plans.

I don’t mind if he didn’t feel it. But I’d hate it if being led on. I mean, do people tell their lukewarm date” I like you a lot?”

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 11:41 PM

17,793 posts, read 9,240,345 times
Sounds like he might be married.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:02 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,140,211 times
DOnt contact him, let him contact you, and next time he suggests something, ask "what day and time?". If he hems and haws or wont be specific, just dont answer him, he isnt serious. I think he is stringing you along, or using you for the ego boost.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
DOnt contact him, let him contact you, and next time he suggests something, ask "what day and time?". If he hems and haws or wont be specific, just dont answer him, he isnt serious. I think he is stringing you along, or using you for the ego boost.
It’s so sad... who the blips say “ I like you a lot” when he actually didn’t feel it? Who lies about stuff like that?

Old 10-07-2018, 05:10 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,878,935 times
I wouldn't try to analyze that statement. People say things sometimes without putting a lot of thought into their implications. I would just discount it altogether and consider how you felt about him otherwise.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:52 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,258,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qilixiang View Post
So I’ve met this guy for 2 times, both times were just casual drinks and talk. After the second date, he said he likes me a lot and ask if we could see a movie together. I said yes then he set up a date that’s almost 2 weeks apart. He and I live 10 miles away, and he didn’t mind to go out grab drinks later at night for the first 2 times cause he “wanted to connect soon”(what he said)

We kept texting and he would suggest places to go and even suggested lunch at his work, but again, no set date. Just “ one of these days.”

I started to think he didn’t really like me that much , and this might be a case of stringing along. If he liked me, he would want to see me sooner or have more concrete plans.

I don’t mind if he didn’t feel it. But I’d hate it if being led on. I mean, do people tell their lukewarm date” I like you a lot?”

Thoughts?
Unfortunately, after going out on a couple of dates, it doesn't sound like he's all that into you despite his claims to the contrary. When someone wants to be with you they make definite plans and keep them... and they're usually pretty obvious about it.

To me, he's treating you like a back-up option when his other choices run dry. Let him go and find someone better.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:47 PM

61,800 posts, read 87,269,132 times
Movie date in two weeks? Nah he isn't interested, but wants you on the back burner.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
Unfortunately, after going out on a couple of dates, it doesn't sound like he's all that into you despite his claims to the contrary. When someone wants to be with you they make definite plans and keep them... and they're usually pretty obvious about it.

To me, he's treating you like a back-up option when his other choices run dry. Let him go and find someone better.
Ouch! That really hurts...
I don’t know why I keep running into guys that would put me on back burner? What’s wrong with me? I remember reading a post here by a girl saying that guys she met would either go silent or tell her no chemistry. I didn’t even get honesty from guys like that.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:09 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,140,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qilixiang View Post
Ouch! That really hurts...
I don’t know why I keep running into guys that would put me on back burner? What’s wrong with me? I remember reading a post here by a girl saying that guys she met would either go silent or tell her no chemistry. I didn’t even get honesty from guys like that.
It sounds like you keep believing what they say when their actions dont match their words.
Also there is something youre doing or saying that is turning these guys off. Could be anything.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Movie date in two weeks? Nah he isn't interested, but wants you on the back burner.
Omg I feel so stupid cause I said yes to the date and kept on communicating with him enthusiastically afterwards. I can’t live with myself for being so stupid and I must be a laugh stock now in his head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships