Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 08:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,878,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
But most people probably won’t ask.
I think this is a good point. In terms of virginity, I don't think most people would ask.

After a certain age, it's not much of a concern. It's like college ... most people assume you got a degree. The details of where and how are not that important once you graduate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 08:44 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,858,475 times
I don’t get the argument of discussing past partners is a no no, but one must always discuss stds? Don’t the stds come from past partners?

Does anyone think a person who transmitted an std was honest with the person they gave it to?

Yeah, I’d like to know if the guy is a virgin, why isn’t that an interesting fact? I wouldn’t necessarily view it as a negative, but we should be able to talk about that as well as stds which would have come from past partners. You’re not going to be able to have an honest discussion if there are things you have to censor.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,878,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You’re not going to be able to have an honest discussion if there are things you have to censor.
That's what's been so frustrating about the direction this thread took.

I don't know that anyone actually said they didn't want to know ANYTHING. I tried to assert that there's a difference in "getting the gist" of someone's history and knowing all the gory details about frequency, consistency, duration, length, width, girth etc.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:10 PM

553 posts, read 301,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That's what's been so frustrating about the direction this thread took.

I don't know that anyone actually said they didn't want to know ANYTHING. I tried to assert that there's a difference in "getting the gist" of someone's history and knowing all the gory details about frequency, consistency, duration, length, width, girth etc.
I think the thread took the direction about talking about the number of partners because the OP was wondering if people talk about this when dating. And a lot of us said that no, we don’t talk about this because we don’t care.

Most people I think will just assume their date has already had sex and will circumvent the number question by asking directly, have you been tested and did you have anything or have sex with some after you were last tested. That is enough of a sexual history for me.

I would hope that people would be honest about this.

Also, it’s not that being a virgin isn’t a interesting fact. Its just to me at least an irrelevant fact I won’t ask about. Now I’d he wants to come out and tell me then that’s a different story.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:10 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,078,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I tried to assert that there's a difference in "getting the gist" of someone's history and knowing all the gory details about frequency, consistency, duration, length, width, girth etc.

I cant find that part. Did you happen to remember a post number that discusses dimensions? I'd sincerely like to read it for myself. Thanks.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:18 PM

1,299 posts, read 821,894 times
Quote:
Great sex is not cringe worthy. Me talking about the great sex I've had in the past with other men, to the man currently lying next to me is crying worthy, especially if that conversation happens right after we've just had sex (Like you implied when you had great sex with that guy who learned from the 32 yr old).

I can talk all day about sex I've had in the past, to my girlfriends
. There is nothing cringe worthy about it. Please realize what you are thinking was not what I was saying.
Quote:
We'll I'm almost 40, but yes I'm sure in a few decades my view on things will change more!

Btw I love sex and I love talking about sex with my partner as long as we are the 2 people that are the subject of the sex.

I can talk about sex with old partners at ease and at length with female gfs.

I would start cringing if my partner started talking to me about sex he's had with other women. I just don't want to know and I don't want to start picturing other women sleeping with him.

See, I would never discuss my sex life with friends. As my husband says "that's why it's called a private life". Talking about sex is only for my sexual partners. I think it's disrespectful to your partner to go outside your relationship and talk about it in your social circle.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:23 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,858,475 times
Quote:
Also, it’s not that being a virgin isn’t a interesting fact. Its just to me at least an irrelevant fact I won’t ask about. Now I’d he wants to come out and tell me then that’s a different story.
If it’s not interesting to you, it’s not relevant to you. That can be your opinion.
I say it’s intetesting, and I can’t imagine in what circumstances I wouldn’t know that he was a virgin. I just said it’s not necessarily negative to me. And of course I would think it’s my business, it’s all my business, or get out of my bed.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:24 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,352,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
See, I would never discuss my sex life with friends. As my husband says "that's why it's called a private life". Talking about sex is only for my sexual partners. I think it's disrespectful to your partner to go outside your relationship and talk about it in your social circle.

Agreed.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:26 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,352,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
If it’s not interesting to you, it’s not relevant to you. That can be your opinion.
I say it’s intetesting, and I can’t imagine in what circumstances I wouldn’t know that he was a virgin. I just said it’s not necessarily negative to me. And of course I would think it’s my business, it’s all my business, or get out of my bed.
Ditto.

I would have repped you but could not, so this will have to do.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:26 PM

553 posts, read 301,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
We’ll I have a few friends who are very much like the girls on Sex and the City. So it’s what we talk about. Lol. I don’t think my partner cares. He knows some of my friend are “free spirited”, he’s met them and one even made a joke about our sex life while we (she me and my partner) were at dinner.

i can’t see him saying something to the effect of “it’s why it’s called a private life”.

Actually, if he knew we were talking about it he would probably make a joke and say, you told her it was the best sex you’ve ever had in your life, right? And I’d smile and say, “of course babe!”

Last edited by Levels77; 10-21-2018 at 09:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships