Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 06:26 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
STDs are what's important and I'm surprised so few people have mentioned that here!
I figured at this point that conversation was a given. But maybe not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 06:29 PM

553 posts, read 302,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I figured at this point that conversation was a given. But maybe not
You'd be surprised! I've been with guys (mostly in my 20s, dumb and stupid and carefree) and it never came up. But I'm curious to know, all those who are saying they want to know the # of partners, did you have an STD conversation with your partner prior to sleeping together too?

Old 10-21-2018, 06:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
You'd be surprised! I've been with guys (mostly in my 20s, dumb and stupid and carefree) and it never came up. But I'm curious to know, all those who are saying they want to know the # of partners, did you have an STD conversation with your partner prior to sleeping together too?
Of course

I got a dated blood test results printout once.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:33 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
If I'm going to be intimate with you, the only thing I need to know is if you're clean and willing to use protection.

Where you learned or who you learned XYZ from is unnecessary and potentially complicating info.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Truly, can you ever know if another person if lying to you? I could not "know" for sure. But, I will say that if he lied to me, his life would become exponentially more difficult than he could have ever possibly imagined. I loath liars in a way I cannot meaningfully articulate. God is in the business of forgiveness, not me.
Yeah but this doesn't really address what you said, that you don't want to be with a man who is a user of women and thus implied that its important to ask how many partners he's had, in order presumably to know if they he was a user of women.

See how irrelevant knowing the # of past partners can be? And if a man was ashamed of the number, like you said, he could easily lie about it.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:34 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I know this will come as a shock but not everyone is you.

Some couples do not share this information cause they don't care to know. Some things are better left unsaid.
I know this may come as shock but I have already said that several times myself to other people.

I don't care you don't want to know about your partners past. I never asked if you did. I have only spoken about my experience, and then tried to understand the comments made by others that make 0 sense to me - not that they need to, but if someone is going to bother to judge someone elses experience, then they should expect a reply on that judgement.

I am not the one jumping in and making judgements about how other people feel. In fact, I AM the one who keeps telling people who think talking with their partner about sex and openly discussing someone's past is 'cringe worthy' that it is okay for them if they feel that way, so you really have no reason to post this to me other than to try to rise to the occasion for a friend.

Well, they see. You have their back! Bravo!

Old 10-21-2018, 06:39 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
Quote:
Yeah but this doesn't really address what you said, that you don't want to be with a man who is a user of women and thus implied that its important to ask how many partners he's had, in order presumably to know if they he was a user of women.

See how irrelevant knowing the # of past partners can be? And if a man was ashamed of the number, like you said, he could easily lie about it.

Look, Level77, why do other people have be to "wrong," for you to be "right?" Your questions are antagonistic in nature, not probative. Give it a rest, please.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I know this may come as shock but I have already said that several times myself to other people.

I don't care you don't want to know about your partners past. I never asked if you did. I have only spoken about my experience, and then tried to understand the comments made by others that make 0 sense to me - not that they need to, but if someone is going to bother to judge someone elses experience, then they should expect a reply on that judgement.

I am not the one jumping in and making judgements about how other people feel. In fact, I AM the one who keeps telling people who think talking with their partner about sex and openly discussing someone's past is 'cringe worthy' that it is okay for them if they feel that way, so you really have no reason to post this to me other than to try to rise to the occasion for a friend.

Well, they see. You have their back! Bravo!
I need to clarify this:

Talking about your past or sex is NOT CRINGE WORTHY in all situations.

I believe, if the motivation to ask your partner how many sex partners they've had is that you just had great sex with them in bed, that is gross to me. I can't imagine just having sex with someone and it was great sex, and then the guy says to me, WOW, WHERE'D YOU LEARN THAT? How many people have you been with?

Gross!!! I just had sex with you and am trying to bond, and now you want me to talk about other people I've had sex with? I would never sleep with that man again.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Look, Level77, why do other people have be to "wrong," for you to be "right?" Your questions are antagonistic in nature, not probative. Give it a rest, please.
If you are getting tired of the discussion, you don't have to reply.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:40 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
Quote:
STDs are what's important and I'm surprised so few people have mentioned that here!

Seems like we all want to be reassured by the number or sexual partners but not STDs?

Now THAT is what my partner and I spoke about. We had sex after we committed to each other. He told me I have nothing to worry about and I told him, he doesn't either.

Now that is what is important. Not how may people he's slept with.
I mentioned it a couple of pages back. I have done a test prior to - every time. Even back in the early 1990s when I met my first wife. We both went together.

My current girlfriend, we both did it and showed the results to the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships