Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 02:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yes indeed.

And if they are funny too? Oh man, look out.
And smart.

I feel like I'm making out my Christmas list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 03:23 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
50+ men desiring younger women has always been a thing. Doubt that will ever change. I am 24 years younger than my husband. I dated plenty of men my own age. DH was one of the most fun, and he also had impeccable manners. I will take charm over a man that thinks he is God's gift to the world any day.
For many of us it takes a few decades for us to mature and learn how to treat a lady.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:37 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
For many of us it takes a few decades for us to mature and learn how to treat a lady.
That's a good point, and the same can be said of women. The problem from treating each other poorly is that some will be apprehensive to ever give the other side a chance again or be "all in" in a relationship again. They may get involved with someone again, but not to the extent they did before they were burned. It's unfortunate.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:43 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
50+ men desiring younger women has always been a thing. Doubt that will ever change. I am 24 years younger than my husband. I dated plenty of men my own age. DH was one of the most fun, and he also had impeccable manners. I will take charm over a man that thinks he is God's gift to the world any day.
Hm. The few still good looking men over 40 I meet think like that. In a world where most people don't take care of their exterior anymore after reaching a certain age, those who put in the effort plus are genetically blessed can choose and pick and act like dicks and get away with it.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Hm. The few still good looking men over 40 I meet think like that. In a world where most people don't take care of their exterior anymore after reaching a certain age, those who put in the effort plus are genetically blessed can choose and pick and act like dicks and get away with it.
My father was divorced at 60, he had not taken care of himself, he was not 'genetically blessed' and he was a womanizer who acted like a dick all the time. Yet he got away with it and women loved him.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:54 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
My father was divorced at 60, he had not taken care of himself, he was not 'genetically blessed' and he was a womanizer who acted like a dick all the time. Yet he got away with it and women loved him.
you know, you still somewhat proof my point though

Old 10-26-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:

I can't imagine. Women in my circles would never choose a man like that, but all of them are independent and view a man as a "nicety," not a "necessity."

Old 10-26-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
I can't imagine. Women in my circles would never choose a man like that, but all of them are independent and view a man as a "nicety," not a "necessity."
He was verbally abusive to women. He would travel to a new city and get involved with a church, going to all of their weekly functions. The church widows would fawn all over him, baking him meals and competing to be with him. In his 70s and 80s he really liked 'bagging' women in their 40s, 50s or 60s. He went through a number of marriages. Most of those wives quickly saw him as abusive and the marriages were short-lived.

One time while I was stationed overseas, I got a phone call from a woman I had never met. Apparently, she was my step-mother, and she had just realized that she had married an abusive womanizer. She begged me for help to get away from him. I felt bad for her, but I had no way to help her. I was serving in a combat zone overseas and I had never met her before. That marriage was short, I never did meet her.

He bragged to me a lot about how easy it was for him to do.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
He was verbally abusive to women. He would travel to a new city and get involved with a church, going to all of their weekly functions. The church widows would fawn all over him, baking him meals and competing to be with him. In his 70s and 80s he really liked 'bagging' women in their 40s, 50s or 60s. He went through a number of marriages. Most of those wives quickly saw him as abusive and the marriages were short-lived.

One time while I was stationed overseas, I got a phone call from a woman I had never met. Apparently, she was my step-mother, and she had just realized that she had married an abusive womanizer. She begged me for help to get away from him. I felt bad for her, but I had no way to help her. I was serving in a combat zone overseas and I had never met her before. That marriage was short, I never did meet her.

Submariner, I sincerely thank you for your service to our country. Respect and gratitude.

Your father sounds like mine--a role model of what not to look for in a man. He taught me a lot with no words said.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:34 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
Quote:
Unfortunately there are always women with low self-esteem who let themselves be used and manipulated. There have been numerous threads on CD over time with such women posters. Same can be said for men as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships