Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 05:45 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToUnderstand View Post
so what are the most important things that will tell you about compatibility?
That's different for each individual. The criteria that serve as the basis of compatibility for me will not best serve others.

Just talk to her and see where it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 05:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
"So I'm nothing to her." You're not nothing to her, you're not what you wanted to be to her. Big difference. To you, that means you're nothing, though. That's you making you nothing, not her.

"Now I don't have to waste my time and energy getting emotionally involved" You're deluding yourself. You are emotionally involved with her whether you're able to communicate with her or not. She's taking up so much real estate in your brain she can start putting up houses and hotels. What cutting her off means is that there's no chance of added communication from her to let whatever sort of relationship you had develop. You decided to cut it off and leave it as it as you saw it, without any input from her. That's borderline self-sabotage.

"Reject people before they reject me." I did this for many years. It is very damaging, mentally and emotionally. I still have lingering mental and emotional issues because I did it. And it started because a girl didn't want me...in fact, I was starting to annoy her. "No one's ever going to like me or want me, so I need to cut myself off from people so that I don't inflict myself on them." That was my thinking for over ten years. DON'T DO IT. It poisons your soul and your mind.

"Negative list." You need to get past that. Very childish. People grow. They develop. They change. They regret things they did when they were young and stupid. Like, keep a list of everyone who was mean to you; that's something a kid does. An adult does not.
What he said.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:25 AM

21 posts, read 11,629 times
Quote:
"So I'm nothing to her." You're not nothing to her, you're not what you wanted to be to her. Big difference. To you, that means you're nothing, though. That's you making you nothing, not her.

"Now I don't have to waste my time and energy getting emotionally involved" You're deluding yourself. You are emotionally involved with her whether you're able to communicate with her or not. She's taking up so much real estate in your brain she can start putting up houses and hotels. What cutting her off means is that there's no chance of added communication from her to let whatever sort of relationship you had develop. You decided to cut it off and leave it as it as you saw it, without any input from her. That's borderline self-sabotage.

"Reject people before they reject me." I did this for many years. It is very damaging, mentally and emotionally. I still have lingering mental and emotional issues because I did it. And it started because a girl didn't want me...in fact, I was starting to annoy her. "No one's ever going to like me or want me, so I need to cut myself off from people so that I don't inflict myself on them." That was my thinking for over ten years. DON'T DO IT. It poisons your soul and your mind.

"Negative list." You need to get past that. Very childish. People grow. They develop. They change. They regret things they did when they were young and stupid. Like, keep a list of everyone who was mean to you; that's something a kid does. An adult does not.

how will she take the same amount of space in my brain if I blocked her on facebook which means I am not even able to see her pictures anymore or even see the conversations I had since I also deleted them? She basically did reject me without even saying it so I did her the favor. I never said she was on my negative list. She is on my negative list on facebook now since I blocked her but that doesn't mean I hate her. The guy who is on my negative list... He deserved it, and he never apologized and I haven't seen him for years so how exactly will he be coming off my negative list again?

Old 10-29-2018, 09:29 PM

1,593 posts, read 775,850 times
Quote:
how will she take the same amount of space in my brain if I blocked her on facebook which means I am not even able to see her pictures anymore or even see the conversations I had since I also deleted them? She basically did reject me without even saying it so I did her the favor. I never said she was on my negative list. She is on my negative list on facebook now since I blocked her but that doesn't mean I hate her. The guy who is on my negative list... He deserved it, and he never apologized and I haven't seen him for years so how exactly will he be coming off my negative list again?

1. She'll take up space in your head because you're still obsessed with her.

2. The fact that you have a "negative list" is not a good thing. Santa keeps lists...mere mortals shouldn't.

You're here to vent. I get it. I've done it. But don't confuse that with trying to ask for help. It's pretty transparent.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
1. She'll take up space in your head because you're still obsessed with her.

2. The fact that you have a "negative list" is not a good thing. Santa keeps lists...mere mortals shouldn't.

You're here to vent. I get it. I've done it. But don't confuse that with trying to ask for help. It's pretty transparent.

1. I have the worst memory. Since I can't even see her profile anymore I already forgot where she is from specifically. Because I deleted the conversations I already forgot several things we talked about. I have been thinking about her less every day. Before when I would think about her I would have positive thoughts. I now have negative, disappointing thoughts when I think of the possibilities that could have been.

2. Negative list means she was blocked on facebook. That's all it means.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:16 PM

1,593 posts, read 775,850 times
Quote:
1. I have the worst memory. Since I can't even see her profile anymore I already forgot where she is from specifically. Because I deleted the conversations I already forgot several things we talked about. I have been thinking about her less every day. Before when I would think about her I would have positive thoughts. I now have negative, disappointing thoughts when I think of the possibilities that could have been.

2. Negative list means she was blocked on facebook. That's all it means.

1. If you say so. The fact that you're here...sort of tells that she is still an important part of you thought process. Regardless, blocking someone from communication because she's not into you...trying to "save" her from the burden you see yourself...is not a rational action.

2. The point is you have a list of people you don't want to talk to. That's childish. If you don't want to friend them, fine, I've got people like that too. But to make a list out of it? Come on.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
1. If you say so. The fact that you're here...sort of tells that she is still an important part of you thought process. Regardless, blocking someone from communication because she's not into you...trying to "save" her from the burden you see yourself...is not a rational action.

2. The point is you have a list of people you don't want to talk to. That's childish. If you don't want to friend them, fine, I've got people like that too. But to make a list out of it? Come on.

I blocked her so I don't waste my time and effort talking to her and haven't since then. But if she blocked me and I came here to complain about it, I wouldn't be surprised if people were siding with her. The reason why I blocked her is my decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships