Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 03:20 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,739 times

Advertisements

Been seeing this guy for a while. for a long time it was really good. he didn’t want a gf and the relationship was just friends w/ benefits. that was fine with me but it was also a new experience for me since i was never that type of person. he also wanted us to both see other people. i said okay. I started to like it bc it was mostly just ya hanging out and dating but no drama in the relationship.

then some stuff happened and we broke up if you can call it that. We just stopped seeing each other and he just disappeared. I was hurt but at the same time i had other stuff going on.

we are back seeing each other again but this time he has a girlfriend. it makes me eye roll so hard. He insisted that he never wanted a girlfriend, hated relationships and it wasn’t his style but now suddenly he has a girlfriend. I said okay, whatever. It felt crappy because I keep thinking, so Im not good enough to be your girlfriend but you keep calling me I guess? Its just so weird.

there were so many times he told me that he loved me and that if he were a relationship guy he would marry me in a heart beat but thats just not how he worked and all this other stuff. Then when we talked about it again this time around he says that it would never work out between us in a relationship bc of issues that I have apparently.. like this is 2018. who cares if you date someone who doesn’t have a degree but it matters to him apparently and a bunch of other things.

I’m just annoyed. I guess hurt but Annoyed mainly. Why hang out with me? Why keep calling me? He says he still loves me and wants to spend time with me, that he can’t stop thinking about me, I drive him crazy etc. but why call me if i am not good enough for you. I just don’t get it

I get so tired of guys. sorry I am just complaining I guess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 03:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
Been seeing this guy for a while. for a long time it was really good. he didn’t want a gf and the relationship was just friends w/ benefits. that was fine with me but it was also a new experience for me since i was never that type of person. he also wanted us to both see other people. i said okay. I started to like it bc it was mostly just ya hanging out and dating but no drama in the relationship.

then some stuff happened and we broke up if you can call it that. We just stopped seeing each other and he just disappeared. I was hurt but at the same time i had other stuff going on.

we are back seeing each other again but this time he has a girlfriend. it makes me eye roll so hard. He insisted that he never wanted a girlfriend, hated relationships and it wasn’t his style but now suddenly he has a girlfriend. I said okay, whatever. It felt crappy because I keep thinking, so Im not good enough to be your girlfriend but you keep calling me I guess? Its just so weird.

there were so many times he told me that he loved me and that if he were a relationship guy he would marry me in a heart beat but thats just not how he worked and all this other stuff. Then when we talked about it again this time around he says that it would never work out between us in a relationship bc of issues that I have apparently.. like this is 2018. who cares if you date someone who doesn’t have a degree but it matters to him apparently and a bunch of other things.

I’m just annoyed. I guess hurt but Annoyed mainly. Why hang out with me? Why keep calling me? He says he still loves me and wants to spend time with me, that he can’t stop thinking about me, I drive him crazy etc. but why call me if i am not good enough for you. I just don’t get it

That sucks.

Block his number, Belle. Seriously. DO NOT hook up with him anymore.

You've known all this time this wasn't really what you wanted, so block his *** and listen to your gut next time.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:24 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Does his girlfriend know that he "hangs out" with you?

Old 10-22-2018, 03:25 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,716,751 times
Sigh... I'm going to be honest, I knew this would happen. You accepted an fwb situation with this guy and that is where he is going to keep you. Now (predictably) your feelings are involved and now your self esteem is being affected. You knew this wasn't a good idea, and now you're experiencing what we predicted the first time you told us about this dude.

OP, stop torturing yourself and just move on. He's an a*hole for STILL filling your head up with fanciful ideas when he knew damn well he wouldn't follow through. And then has the audacity to say you're the one with the issues. You're allowing yourself to be used by a jerk. You know you deserve better.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:25 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post

Because hes getting sex with no strings attached. And you were giving it to him.

Dont ever believe a guy 100% when he says he doesn't want a commitment. Because most men want a commitment, only with the right woman.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:26 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
I'm surprised that so many women put up with this kind of treatment.

OP, ditch this guy and get some self-respect.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:34 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Stop all contact with him.

Guess what? You're lucky, that for whatever reason, he didn't become your BF.

Otherwise it would be YOU to whom he would be unfaithful.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-22-2018, 03:36 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That sucks.

Block his number, Belle. Seriously. DO NOT hook up with him anymore.

You've known all this time this wasn't really what you wanted, so block his *** and listen to your gut next time.
Thanks i know I need too :/ it’s just hard bc we have bonded and are close. It’s hard to get close to ppl and then suddenly they are gone from your life. Just have been through a lot of that.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:37 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm surprised that so many women put up with this kind of treatment.

OP, ditch this guy and get some self-respect.
I tried to warn this nice young lady that she wouldn't be able to handle a FWB/FB situation. And here we are

I know you're young and exploring new things, OP but take this as a learning lesson. We all make mistakes when it comes to love/relationships. Shrug this off and move on

Old 10-22-2018, 03:40 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,538 times
Please, don't think you're not good enough OP. What you experienced is what has scared me away from truly considering FWB. To me it requires a level of detachment I find unhealthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships