Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 04:01 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboyguy12 View Post
My gf is a bit of a tom boy and has a strong personality and can be cocky. Today she was ranting about how she can beat up her past bfs and I said so you think you can beat me up? she basically said she can kick my ass. I normally don't get worked up by anything and for this one I got real pissed. I basically said if that is what you think we can go at it. No punching or kicking just straight grappling. I have a bit of grappling experience. I told her she needs to be humbled. It got real awkward in the car ride and I can't let it go. I really hate cocky people and she needs to be humbled. How would you guys respond?

I don't know how I feel about her. Our relationship is pretty recent and I have only met the sweet and feminine side but she has tomboy/strong personality/cocky qualities which are turn off.
I'd respond with some serious d*ckslapping!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 04:46 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,059,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Her comment about the other boyfriends was provocative and uncalled for, but could still be true. Physical strength isn't the be-all end-all. Being raised by a marine in a house full of boys made me pretty capable of holding my own against a lot of guys, not that I went around trying to prove it.
It was provocative and uncalled for (though she may have been trying to make a joke, hard to say). It is just true that men overall are stronger than women. That doesn’t mean that every single man is stronger than every single woman.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:22 PM

92 posts, read 54,172 times
Neither one of them sound all that stable or intelligent.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:41 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
My gf is a bit of a tom boy and has a strong personality and can be cocky. Today she was ranting about how she can beat up her past bfs and I said so you think you can beat me up? she basically said she can kick my ass. I normally don't get worked up by anything and for this one I got real pissed. I basically said if that is what you think we can go at it. No punching or kicking just straight grappling. I have a bit of grappling experience. I told her she needs to be humbled. It got real awkward in the car ride and I can't let it go. I really hate cocky people and she needs to be humbled. How would you guys respond?

I don't know how I feel about her. Our relationship is pretty recent and I have only met the sweet and feminine side but she has tomboy/strong personality/cocky qualities which are turn off.

The only proper response is to challenge her to a naked wrestling match. Dude - you totally missed the boat.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:34 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
The only proper response is to challenge her to a naked wrestling match. Dude - you totally missed the boat.
Yes...and two out of three falls.......LOL

Old 10-27-2018, 08:38 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,660,771 times
Quote:

no win situation. if you leave her, gotta work to find someone else.

I highly suggest you don't go caveman on her. Worst case scenario, you kill her or hurt her and she may turn on you faster than Judas did Jesus and turn you in for domestic violence. Then you're in jail. Not good.

There's a reason that men don't fight women. Its not a fair fight. She's being kind of an idiot. Someone has told her this but its a lie. Try to change the subject. Maybe this lie will fade over time.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:41 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,319,291 times
There is a percentage of women who could beat up their man. I have no idea how many.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:47 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Next time you have a snowball match, rub her face in the snow and make sure there is some gravel and ice underneath. That will show her!
I'd almost be willing to buy a ticket to watch her get up and watch her push you under the gravel and ice for doing that.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:20 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Whats up, OP? Did you guys go toe-to-toe?

Old 10-29-2018, 08:17 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I'd respond with some serious d*ckslapping!
I should link this quote to the other thread “what non physical things do you find sexy in women”.... That post right there is some serious attitude!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships