Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 07:38 AM

880 posts, read 531,694 times

Advertisements

I have had men lie to me about how old they are from both ends of the spectrum. The younger guys think theyre too mature for girls in their 20ys and the older guys think they look/act/feel younger. Its actually never bothered me, I have never looked or acted my age so people assume i am younger, dont lie about it because i havent found that its limited my exposure when it comes to OLD. I have girl friends 45 and older saying they lie because they can only attract 60yr olds, if that was what i was limited to i would lie too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 01:46 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
I don't think reneeh overreacted or that her response warranted your response. She apparently, like many people, do not like liars. Atlguy publicly admitted he lies to women to get his way. Really? Who that has a well-developed and healthy conscience does that to people? A lair is a liar and is not to ever be trusted.
Maybe you are right.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:11 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
I'm (only just) under 40 and I've got 2 experiences with this...

1. My fling guy, had the correct age listed on his profile but then wrote a part in his profile saying that following a period of not seeming to get many responses, he altered his age. Then he went on a couple of dates and he said he was humbled by the beautiful, intelligent, sensitive souls he encountered on those dates and felt guilty for leading with a lie. So he corrected his age back to what it really was. That was all written out (in more words actually, for once I'm exercising a bit of brevity!) in his profile text.

2. My present partner still has his age listed a few years downward, on a site we're on, but it's not really a dating site, it's...kind of social media-ish. Anyhow, he doesn't have it that way to trick his way into dates with women, he explained to me that he doesn't like to put exact factual personal data out on the internet about himself (he does not do Facebook or anything like that, this is one of those sites that lets you put very little real info in your profile) because he's just paranoid about identity theft and security issues. Privacy, basically.

What's funny is that since I like older men, a guy who adjust his age younger to try and beat filters is more likely to get filtered out for me. I don't think it's a good idea to fudge the truth on something like that. It doesn't freak me out or upset me, but I question the wisdom of it. Unless, like my boyfriend, he's just worried about personally identifying information. That, I find, completely understandable. Especially if the lie is only by a couple of years or something.

Old 10-31-2018, 12:00 PM

193 posts, read 92,949 times
From what I've seen, older women lying about their abou their age isn't judged nearly this harshly. In fact, it seems to be accepted that women want to appear younger. Why else do you think there is that stigma against asking a woman her age?

Also, something tells me that if it was a young guy pretending to be older to score with older women, it wouldn't be looked at negatively. The woman would probably just be flattered that a younger guy wants to get with her.

But an older guy wanting a chance to be seen by younger women, how dare he?

Old 10-31-2018, 12:07 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Over 40 here, and that would have been a deal breaker for me.

OP: What is your take on it?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-31-2018, 12:07 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell jin View Post
From what I've seen, older women lying about their abou their age isn't judged nearly this harshly. In fact, it seems to be accepted that women want to appear younger. Why else do you think there is that stigma against asking a woman her age?

Also, something tells me that if it was a young guy pretending to be older to score with older women, it wouldn't be looked at negatively. The woman would probably just be flattered that a younger guy wants to get with her.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Sorry.

Younger guys (in their 20's) are so randy they'll chase anything. I was on OK Cupid when I was 36, and I was looking for older guys, but the most common age to message me was 27. There were about a bajillion dudes age about 22-29 who were reaching out. Some were obviously copy/paste numbers game types, probably messaging every woman in the area. Some however tried harder than that. Some were very persistent and didn't really want to take no for an answer. To the point I wound up trolling a few of them (more fun than blocking!)

Look folks, it's the internet. If you're going to get all fussy that people say whatever, you're in for a bad time. I knew I wasn't going to have a solid idea about a man until we met in person, anyways.

Old 10-31-2018, 12:10 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
\

Totally wrong.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-31-2018, 12:24 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times
Quote:

No, no. I am not focusing on the age range, whether young or older than stated age; I am focusing on the dishonesty. Dishonesty is an automatic and immediate deal breaker for me.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:40 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
You admitted you lie to women to get your way. I pass judgment on that. Yep, I do. A liar is a liar. How about be honest and let the women decide?
Um, no, that's a huge exaggeration. I have lied on my profile to get past the narrow age ranges, BUT all women I've met in person knew my actual age upon meeting. I'm not a liar and I don't appreciate being called one. Look, it was an experiment. I know for a fact that women I've come across are just as interested in looks as men are and my pics were always recent. I don't look my age. Now if they truly are concerned with marrying someone who could pre-decease them, so be it, but I lead a healthy lifestyle. Anyway, I won't do it again because I'll never do online dating again. It no longer matters. The woman I'm with now has no issue with me being 7 years older and neither did my ex-wife.

Chowhound stood up for me because he knows me, unlike you.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:52 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Um, no, that's a huge exaggeration. I have lied on my profile to get past the narrow age ranges, BUT all women I've met in person knew my actual age upon meeting. I'm not a liar and I don't appreciate being called one. Look, it was an experiment. I know for a fact that women I've come across are just as interested in looks as men are and my pics were always recent. I don't look my age. Now if they truly are concerned with marrying someone who could pre-decease them, so be it, but I lead a healthy lifestyle. Anyway, I won't do it again because I'll never do online dating again. It no longer matters. The woman I'm with now has no issue with me being 7 years older and neither did my ex-wife.

Chowhound stood up for me because he knows me, unlike you.
You yourself admit to lying.

li·ar
/ˈlī(ə)r/
noun
noun: liar; plural noun: liars
  1. a person who tells lies.
    synonyms:deceiver, fibber, perjurer, false witness, fabricator, equivocator;

I do, however, agree with the third bolded statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships