Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 12:50 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,131,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
This question can be tricky cause even misogynistic men can exhibit traits that make them great with women.

They hate women but have the confidence to get women to sleep with them.
Well if the OPs intention isnt to hate women, he wont have to worry about that part.
The idea is to be interesting and fun, the OP wouldnt have to fake that, but Misgynists would.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 10-30-2018 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 01:07 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus86 View Post
I was a bit curious about this:
are there any specific indicators in a guy's body language among women that give away if he has felt popular and generally confident among girls throughout his life, so that girls who talk to him will subconsciously think to themselves that "yep, this guy has very likely felt appreciated among girls in the past"?

My guess would be a that a guy like this would have firm eye contact with girls when he speaks to them, and usually also smile at them and basically give off a very relaxed vibe among them.

I am wondering this because I have noticed that I can very often instinctively tell if a guy is a bit of a natural ladies' man, and I always turn out to be right.
So there must be something in these guys' mannerisms that I subconsciously pick up.
On first read my reaction is I have no desire to help guys "game the system" by better imitating "good guys".

I think guys have to learn and earn the confident, easy conversational style. It takes practice - and not just good experiences but some not-so-good experiences too. That's how they genuinely learn about themselves and learn about women. Sure - they can read about shortcuts on how to act, what to wear, what kind of car to drive(?) - stuff that is supposed to get women interested but probably has little real effect.

And I don't think many less confident guys can pull it off anyway - so maybe it doesn't really matter. Women ARE usually pretty good at seeing through lame lines, sharp dressers, and fast talkers. So sure ladies - let's give guys our playbook and see if it helps them? Is that what you're asking, OP?

Old 10-30-2018, 02:04 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,131,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Sure - they can read about shortcuts on how to act, what to wear, what kind of car to drive(?) - stuff that is supposed to get women interested but probably has little real effect.

And I don't think many less confident guys can pull it off anyway - so maybe it doesn't really matter. Women ARE usually pretty good at seeing through lame lines, sharp dressers, and fast talkers. So sure ladies - let's give guys our playbook and see if it helps them? Is that what you're asking, OP?
Oh no, that stuff has a good effect, but you still have to have the intention of being genuine to attract genuine women. In the end no one wants women that only care about the material things.

Less confident guys can pull it off if they know what to do, reading about it does help, but of course like you said, it still takes practice to get the feel of conversing well. Now if ladies did help the less fortunate guys with a playbook there would be less lame guys out there, and the fast talkers would have to actually be themselves. But thats never going to happen.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:30 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Quote:
When I was in my early teens I remember that I had a habit of making eye contact with any girls that I found cute, then I would hold that eye contact and give them a flirty smile (I was pretty much trying to say "heeey cutie, what's up?" with my eyes), and then I just walked away and waited for them to make the next move.
I think I was trying to mimic Leonardo DiCaprio when he had that scene in "Titanic" where he held eye contact with the character Rose for the first time.

This actually seemed to be quite well-received;
several of those girls ended up approaching me a few minutes later, so it certainly seems like a pretty positive sign if a guy is able to hold a flirty eye contact for a while.
I was definitely much more likely to be approached by the girls that I had made eye contact with like this, probably because I showed some playful interest without appearing "needy" in any way - I typically did this if it was slightly tricky to start a conversation with those girls at those specific moments.
Maybe I should start doing that again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Dude, you're best to say something, not just stare at her.
Kinda like hunting.

You put the bait out there and wait a bit.

She comes in nice and slow.

Flinginging!

Arrow right to the side.

Mount her on your hood and take her home.

You can’t wait for her to get on the car.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:29 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,070,361 times
Quote:
My guess would be a that a guy like this would have firm eye contact with girls when he speaks to them, and usually also smile at them and basically give off a very relaxed vibe among them.
Not for nothing, but so would a predator that hated women and wanted to hurt or kill them.

Quote:
I am wondering this because I have noticed that I can very often instinctively tell if a guy is a bit of a natural ladies' man, and I always turn out to be right.
Is it at all possible that all men could be ladie's men until they find that one special lady?

Quote:
So there must be something in these guys' mannerisms that I subconsciously pick up.
Could be. How would you really know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are always right?

Old 10-31-2018, 03:47 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,818,616 times
Quote:
I was a bit curious about this:
are there any specific indicators in a guy's body language among women that give away if he has felt popular and generally confident among girls throughout his life, so that girls who talk to him will subconsciously think to themselves that "yep, this guy has very likely felt appreciated among girls in the past"?

Lots of children call him Daddy, and he's always griping about paying child support.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:55 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Kinda like hunting.

Flinginging!

Arrow right to the side.

Sorry - that all just sounds really nasty and scary...especially since hunting almost always includes killing.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:05 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Kinda like hunting.

Flinginging!

Arrow right to the side.

Oh my God...honey? Honey, is that you???

Old 10-31-2018, 07:33 PM

4,178 posts, read 4,422,041 times
My two cents FWIW. I think this would be helpful for you based upon the perceived context of your question.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post34430383

As well as this perhaps
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post41455449

It takes less effort to be yourself. If you need to soften the edges you need to experience being around the opposite sex in different environments and be observant and not a wall flower. Interaction and communication breeds understanding, and doing so without an express intent to "get something out of it" likely will help you learn more.

Learn more so as not to be manipulative, but rather as to what can help ascertain their character traits quicker so you do not waste time in your efforts to find someone that may be a partner.

From my own experience don't waste too much time in telling someone who appeals to you how you feel about her and be willing to walk away promptly, if she doesn't feel the same. Have an attitude of fortitude that says:

1) When I meet someone attractive and of interest I will pay attention to them and learn about them not for purposes of taking something to selfishly please me whether physically or for ego purposes, and
2) If person of my romantic interest does not reciprocate I will not take it as personal loss I will instead realize we are not compatible and move along on the path of life's experiences.

Some people are lucky and cross paths at the right time along life's merry way and others do not. Keep plugging along...

Old 11-01-2018, 03:45 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,023,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
This is a great question. I predict you’re going to get answers from women that reference confidence a lot.
Well, even confident men have had times where they had lack of success with women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships