Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 08:33 PM

31 posts, read 25,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
sounds like his friends want to start some "ish" Don't drink the kool-aid!
I'll try not to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
Sounds like catty female talk. One of them is probably jealous. Seems like they want to stir up drama.

Try to stay above it. If they continue to make you uncomfortable then you should have an open and honest conversation with your fiancé to tell him that.
I'll try and gauge their attitude to me in our next meeting, see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
How have you gotten to the point of being engaged without meeting his friends?

I would follow HIS lead on this. Don't go looking for trouble when there may be none. Sometimes people just act like bishes when they're in that kind of situation ... they KNOW you're in the "hot seat," and they are taking advantage of their "power" as the old friends. It's kind of like hazing. It sucks, but it happens.

But really the only thing that matters for YOU is how he handles it. All you have to do is sit there and play nice, and pay attention to whether he lets these friends interfere with your life together.

If you've gotten to this point and they haven't already driven a wedge between you, you're probably fine. But ...

This is a big part of what marriage is about ... blending two lives. You will need to be open to meeting other friends and family members and understanding his need to balance the two (and he will have to do this for you as well.)

It's not easy and it's not fun, but navigating this kind of stuff is just part of being a married couple. Those women will probably fade out as they couple up anyway, or y'all just won't tolerate them anymore if they keep up this kind of crap.
I've met the other members of this group on separate occasions, only not these 3 girls. One just got back from abroad doing her doctorate. And i've been somewhat delaying meeting them, knowing its a majority of women who'd most certainly judge me (introvert+anxiety here). Had a history in college, bullied by a bunch of means girls. Whenever im around a group of girls, i'd always get anxious af. He's aware of it, and the only reason we arranged this meeting recently was because we're getting married soon, so cant keep delaying it right.

I guess for now i'll just continue watching and observing their attitude and figure out their intentions. I hope its nothing and just me overthinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 08:34 PM

31 posts, read 25,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrose34 View Post
Move far away.
Do you really think its that toxic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
next time your are hanging with his "friends", grab him by the crotch and proclaim "this is mine!"
Hahahaha, another version of grab em by the ***** eh Trump?

Old 10-30-2018, 09:13 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Their behaviour strikes me as possessive, not protective.

Relationships change when you get married, and even more so when you have kids. These women aren't going to be the centre of the universe and they already don't like it and are trying to control him/your relationship.

The best advice I ever got on this subject was not to say anything about them, don't criticize or really otherwise bring them up. Focus on the two of you and the life you're building together. That's where your priorities lie.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:56 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
Once you get married and start having kids friends start to matter far far less. Especially when your choice is getting caught up on a few hours of sleep or “hanging out” the choice becomes very easy.

I wouldn’t worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships