Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 10:41 PM

34,908 posts, read 31,015,053 times

Advertisements

I don't have a dog.

When I did and when he was very old, some women thought he was cute. I'm 32. My oldest pet is a cat, somewhere around 17-18. She wandered in my freshman or sophomore year of high school. She is fed a premium diet, is on a regular regimen of shots from the vet for dry skin and a few minor conditions. Otherwise, she seems perfectly healthy and could go many more years.

This cat has always been very aggressive to anyone other than me or my parents. She warmed up to one girlfriend years ago. At her age, I would only introduce the cat to someone I was seeing regularly. She doesn't really like my current girlfriend, but this cat has rarely liked anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 11:55 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,901,619 times
So I really love kids, but especially my kid. Plus, a lot of people think kids are cute. Is it okay if I bring my kid along on our date? And we either center our date around him, like a special park just for him, or else we eat at a kid-friendly establishment?

Old 11-02-2018, 12:39 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,835,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So I really love kids, but especially my kid. Plus, a lot of people think kids are cute. Is it okay if I bring my kid along on our date? And we either center our date around him, like a special park just for him, or else we eat at a kid-friendly establishment?
Yeah, exact same thing, your husband too.
Just ask first.

Last edited by RbccL; 11-02-2018 at 12:50 AM..

Old 11-02-2018, 02:26 AM

13,268 posts, read 8,373,876 times
Nah, cant say that giving off the "I AM YOUR PRIORITY", ever landed me a second date.....Has landed me a Cya wouldnt want to be ya look .

When it comes to service pets...a guy I dated did need his trained animal nearby.

Another guy adored his Hunting dogs and they were rather mischievous in a fun way. Since I am laid back for the most part and rarely go to upscale places that would snub an animal (along with my being sometimes!) I tend to take into consideration WHO the person is, What type of pet it is, ( Note: DO NOT bring a python or a goat on a date!) and the venue? Concert? Bowling? Indoor rock climbing?

Usually a Gentlemen will "inform" the prospect just in case they have allergies or a fear of certain breeds of pets....
I personally have a huge avoidance towards rottweilers...despite folks claiming their disposition is quite amicable. Once they lay into you ...its not something to get "over", but rather to avoid.

its a personal choice for the two though and should be discussed before venturing out. Its a courtesy I'd think.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:52 AM

48,407 posts, read 34,571,508 times
As I sit here with a 90 lb dog on my lap, you can guess which way I'm going to vote.

To me first dates are best when casual, and a lot of people are busy, so combining a first date and taking care of the dog isn't a horrible idea. I think it can be a good indicator of comparability.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-02-2018, 04:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,903,521 times
I can’t imagine a guy being cool with a, “I couldn’t find a sitter. Why don’t we go to Chuckie Cheeses so my kids can play.”

Then dogs! “So, tell me about yourself.”

“Well, I’m a...”

“Hold on! He’s pooping. Could you hand me that baggie? ... ... GO ON! I’M LISTENING!”

“Well, I was sayi...”

“EWW GROSS!”

Old 11-02-2018, 04:17 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,020,442 times
I don't really mind it, I like dogs. It's when they want to bring their kid on a first date is when it becomes an issue.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:48 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,053,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I guess all three have had various degrees of success of meeting/hooking up with women because of their dogs. Maybe for them it's their perfect wingman cuz having three is odd. Must be a lot of sex success because of their pets.
Maybe. I do think it’s weird that there were three in quick succession in the same area. I guess if it works for them more often than not, there is no reason for them to stop doing it. Personally, I think they should let the other party know beforehand, especially on a first date. I’ve never done online dating, so I am not sure of all the rules or expectations.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:39 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,035,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthinkpinkxo View Post
I thought about asking the guy with a puppy to leave his dog home. It felt rude no matter how I rehearsed it though. But maybe I need to start just doing that. If it offends him, it won't work out anyway.
No maybe about it.

Next time a date wants to bring his dog just use the earlier comment, that the dog would distract from the conversation.

Anybody who needs to bring their dog on a date probably needs an emo support dog.

Just quit doing that. Turn down dates that involve dogs and switch the plans to something else, in a polite way.

You said you are online dating. I suspect your profile may have too much dog interest shown. If so, tone it down. Just include a picture of your dog and mention that you love animals.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:02 AM

19,441 posts, read 12,087,689 times
No pets on dates. No no no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships