Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 12:30 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I suspect the reason for the age comment was to suggest that both of you sound very young.

...and obsessed with social media...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 01:22 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f225t View Post
And I assume she's not blocking me to use me as a back-up option?
Never make anyone a priority when you're just an option to them! Relationship Rule #1.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:20 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times
Quote:
My LDR gf who is 17 told me that she can't do it anymore and that she's exhausted after a small argument. I asked her if she still wants to be friends or if she really doesn't wanna talk to me at all anymore but I got no answers and she completely ignores me. She did reply once after I insulted her out of frustration(I know it was immature but **** happens), so I know she is reading my messages. I just don't understand why she hasn't removed or blocked me on anything when all she's doing is ignoring me. My guess is that she is unsure about what to do or she feeds off my messages by reading them but ignoring them. I stopped attempting to talk to her few days ago but I don't know if I should block her or not. Any advice?
Yes, here's some advice. Remove her from your life. She is ignoring you because she is playing games and wants to see if she can hold you attention. Same with failing to remove or block you. Her choices and behaviors are given to immaturity or downright meanness. Either reason ought to give you great pause and cause you to ask yourself why such treatment of you is acceptable. Maybe give some thought and consideration to finding a partner who actually treats you with respect--less drama and a better life.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:43 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
She saw an episode of to catch a predator thats all.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:37 PM

399 posts, read 220,878 times
Not being judgmental, but I don't understand how a long distance relationship begins between 2 people who are 4 years apart in age. Assuming you guys ever lived in the same area, she would've been in 8th grade when you were in 12th grade... Am I missing something?

Old 11-04-2018, 03:53 PM

147 posts, read 90,804 times
She wants to continue to read you messages but you are in the back burner. Dont read too much into it. She is just looking for entertainment. She can't have that if she blocks you.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:26 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Also, the best way of getting someone's attention....is by removing yours. Don't contact her in any way, shape or form. Just go on as if she doesn't even exist.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:53 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
I'm 21. Please don't judge me for dating a teenager or something like that.
She’s upgrading for her senior prom date?

Old 11-05-2018, 06:24 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
Not being judgmental, but I don't understand how a long distance relationship begins between 2 people who are 4 years apart in age. Assuming you guys ever lived in the same area, she would've been in 8th grade when you were in 12th grade... Am I missing something?
I wouldn't be surprised if they have never met in person and this was a 100% online "relationship."

Old 11-05-2018, 08:40 AM

408 posts, read 430,500 times
Quote:
My LDR gf who is 17 told me that she can't do it anymore and that she's exhausted after a small argument. I asked her if she still wants to be friends or if she really doesn't wanna talk to me at all anymore but I got no answers and she completely ignores me. She did reply once after I insulted her out of frustration(I know it was immature but **** happens), so I know she is reading my messages. I just don't understand why she hasn't removed or blocked me on anything when all she's doing is ignoring me. My guess is that she is unsure about what to do or she feeds off my messages by reading them but ignoring them. I stopped attempting to talk to her few days ago but I don't know if I should block her or not. Any advice?
If you truly want to move on, yes block her. If you want to reconcile than wait it out and see if she simmers down. Her behavior is very immature but she's also very young so it's understandable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships