Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 PM

160 posts, read 85,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
LOLZ!

I've been entertained by this topic. That's all that counts for me. YMMV

Please excuse me, gotta run. I checked my temp a few minutes ago and it was 98.7, wanna check it again and make cure I'm not seeing the started on a fever.

BTW my doctor checked my blood pressure, it was still 120/80. I was diagnosed with a bad case of normalitis. She said go home and take an 81 mg aspirin. Repeat once a day.
You reply always make me laugh 😂 lol

Old 11-09-2018, 08:56 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qilixiang View Post
I appropriate you all replying... and I do read all of the replies, and I especially want to tank level77 and Birdiebelle, they really got me point-on suggestions. I took their suggestion, I look at myself, and tried to make positive changes.

I stopped being passive aggressive and replied to his messages nicely, he asked me on a date again this Sunday.
I'm glad you think I've helped you. I've made a lot of these kinds of mistakes before, so it's easy for me to recognize.

The main thing you want to be is consistent. People like to know they can count on how you will react. You don't want to play hot and cold with him, annoyed and distant one day and nice and accepting the next.

Hopefully you know what you want now and feel free to express that to him.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:03 PM

587 posts, read 423,800 times
Quote:
Yes I’m Chinese... he’s also from Asian country but has education background here in the us... so I’d say there’s some similarities in that we share some Asian cultures... but still a lot differences as he’s not from the same home country and semi-Americanized...
Ok, yes that explains some things. I know there are some tendencies for Asian women to "play hard to get" and sometimes not so direct in many ways (Asian guys too)

(I'm Asian myself)

I think it is good that you were more upfront yet approachable in your recent messages to him

Old 11-09-2018, 09:07 PM

553 posts, read 302,490 times
Quote:
I appropriate you all replying... and I do read all of the replies, and I especially want to tank level77 and Birdiebelle, they really got me point-on suggestions. I took their suggestion, I look at myself, and tried to make positive changes.

I stopped being passive aggressive and replied to his messages nicely, he asked me on a date again this Sunday.
That's great!

Its ok to be nice and show him your feelings and that you think about him. You've thought about him all week! You are here posting about him every darn day!

So just let him see how much you like him by smiling, being nice, enjoying his company, and making it clear you want to go out with him again.

Its just being friendly. You would do the same thing if it were a girl and you wanted to become friends with her.

It gets all weird with guys for some reason, but if you remember he is a person too, also with feelings, it doesn't have to. Like someone else said, treat others how you want to be treated. If a friend asked you if there are any movies you want to see soon, you'd probably would have brainstormed together and come up with one that interested both of you. Its the same principle. He is trying to be your friend, and something more, but the friendship must be there too.

Have fun on your date.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:14 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
You reply always make me laugh �� lol
I'm glad I made you smile!

Funny, I got an anonymous +reputation criticizing me for being off topic on that post. It was probably from somebody who walks around with a corn cob shoved [mod cut].

People, you gotta understand that humor is man's way of dealing with situations that are painful or boring, or otherwise part of this great gift/burden that we call life.

You can see how important humor is when you read online dating profiles, and about half of the profiles I read are requesting somebody with a good sense of humor. I can deliver on that. People who do not like those who are stuffy or humorless. Humor is the grease that helps us skid through life. Anybody who has no sense of humor is no friend of mine.

Qilixiang, I want to thank you for appreciating my humor that I always try to imbue my posts with. And also, I totally love what immigrant and native born Asians have contributed to the culture and cuisine we enjoy in America. We would be sadly lessened if not for our Asian community, and I am especially thankful that Los Angeles has such a large Asian community. (My favorite GF is Asian.)

Anybody who does not like my posts in the future, please send your snottygrams via +rep. I really enjoy reading such comments.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:16 PM

553 posts, read 302,490 times
Quote:
I'm glad I made you smile!

Funny, I got an anonymous +reputation criticizing me for being off topic on that post. It was probably from somebody who walks around with a corn cob shoved [mod cut].

People, you gotta understand that humor is man's way of dealing with situations that are painful or boring, or otherwise part of this great gift/burden that we call life.

You can see how important humor is when you read online dating profiles, and about half of the profiles I read are requesting somebody with a good sense of humor. I can deliver on that. People who do not like those who are stuffy or humorless. Humor is the grease that helps us skid through life. Anybody who has no sense of humor is no friend of mine.

Qilixiang, I want to thank you for appreciating my humor that I always try to imbue my posts with. And also, I totally love what immigrant and native born Asians have contributed to the culture and cuisine we enjoy in America. We would be sadly lessened if not for our Asian community, and I am especially thankful that Los Angeles has such a large Asian community. (My favorite GF is Asian.)

Anybody who does not like my posts in the future, please send your snottygrams via +rep. I really enjoy reading such comments.
You are hilarious! Always making me laugh too!

Old 11-09-2018, 09:41 PM

Thanks Levels. The site won't let me +rep ya. People have to understand that no matter how serious and awful life gets, it's two things that help us deal with adversity: love and humor.

Urm... maybe a side serving of sex with that?

Old 11-11-2018, 10:14 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
This is the key. I am not sure where modern day Women get this tendency. They are probably learning it from TV shows at a young age how to act like this. There is nothing attractive about passive aggressiveness in any culture at all.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:19 AM

Passive-aggression is just a different way to get into somebody's face and then claim you didn't.

It is most certainly NOT a woman-only problem. It is both genders.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:53 AM

160 posts, read 85,468 times
Quote:
Passive-aggression is just a different way to get into somebody's face and then claim you didn't.

It is most certainly NOT a woman-only problem. It is both genders.
We’ll explained...

I don’t think it’s a tv taught trend or tendency, it’s part of defense mechanism...it’s due to the inability of expressing feelings the right way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships