Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 10:40 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qilixiang View Post
So me and my date saw each other on Wednesday, on that date he said he had a sore throat. The next day, he told me he had stuffy nose.

We suppose to have a date today, but he told me he wants to stay at home because on top of stuffy nose and coughing, he has a fever of 98.6!!!!! I’m like, that’s normal body temp. He’s like, but he generally has a temp of 97.7 so this feels high! So we canceled the date.

He later texted me a few texts saying he’s still sick and a picture of his medicine. I asked politely if he wants me to bring him anything. He says no, but might ask for fruits if he’s still sick NEXT WEEKEND!

Wtf????? Is it me or this is absurd? I want to say something sarcastic but bit my tongue, cause he’s “sick” and you’re not supposed to be mean to someone not feeling well.

Your input is welcome

If I have a cold, it usually starts with the throat, moves to the nose later that day or the next.

And then I'll be pretty sick with congestion and then cough for the next two weeks--quite contagious for the first week at least, and having zero fun in life for two. I would be coughing up phloem into the third week.

I almost never have a fever--when I have a fever, I'm really, really sick, and it's not just a cold.

So you're saying he had the first symptom less than a week ago. He should still be contagious. He might yet go to work--lots of sick people do (yuk)--but he's not going to be in close contact with them as he'd be with you.

My wife won't sleep in the same room with me for three weeks.

So from that information alone, there's no reason for you to be suspicious.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:59 AM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If I have a cold, it usually starts with the throat, moves to the nose later that day or the next.

And then I'll be pretty sick with congestion and then cough for the next two weeks--quite contagious for the first week at least, and having zero fun in life for two. I would be coughing up phloem into the third week.

I almost never have a fever--when I have a fever, I'm really, really sick, and it's not just a cold.

So you're saying he had the first symptom less than a week ago. He should still be contagious. He might yet go to work--lots of sick people do (yuk)--but he's not going to be in close contact with them as he'd be with you.

My wife won't sleep in the same room with me for three weeks.

So from that information alone, there's no reason for you to be suspicious.
^^^ This!!
They had only few dates, and OP already acts like a demanding, possessive/obsessive drama queen. I don't think this "relationship" has any future. There are too many accusations and no trust.
It doesn't matter if he is "really" sick and how severe. If he thinks he needs a proof by sending pictures of medicine, and OP still accuses him of lying and ponders that he might be not so sick because he went to work, then why bother at all?
If there is no trust, then there is no future.
OP should just let him be and find herself another suitor.

BTW: I am also confused.
On 9/7 OP stated they had 6 dates. Perhaps she is talking about another guy?
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ntact-him.html

On 10/7 she said they had 2 dates:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ing-along.html

Ten days later 10/18 there were 3 dates:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-question.html

On 11/1 sthey still had only 3 dates:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...rly-stage.html

This "dating" timeline just feels weird, and doesn't sounds like he is into her. Another reason to just let it go....

Last edited by elnina; 11-05-2018 at 11:12 AM..

Old 11-05-2018, 11:22 AM

408 posts, read 431,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ This!!
They had only few dates, and OP already acts like a demanding, possessive/obsessive drama queen. I don't think this "relationship" has any future. There are too many accusations and no trust.
It doesn't matter if he is "really" sick and how severe. If he thinks he needs a proof by sending pictures of medicine, and OP still accuses him of lying and ponders that he might be not so sick because he went to work, then why bother at all?
If there is no trust, then there is no future.
OP should just let him be and find herself another suitor.

BTW: I am also confused.
On 9/7 OP stated they had 6 dates. Perhaps she is talking about another guy?
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ntact-him.html

On 10/7 she said they had 2 dates:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ing-along.html

Ten days later 10/18 there were 3 dates:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-question.html

On 11/1 sthey still had only 3 dates:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...rly-stage.html

This "dating" timeline just feels weird, and doesn't sounds like he is into her. Another reason to just let it go....
She is maybe insecure but given his behavior I get it. Just my opinion. I don't think he's doing much to make her feel secure in the relationship. And his level of interest is like a 4 whereas hers is close to a 10.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:24 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,550 times
Quote:
So me and my date saw each other on Wednesday, on that date he said he had a sore throat. The next day, he told me he had stuffy nose.

We suppose to have a date today, but he told me he wants to stay at home because on top of stuffy nose and coughing, he has a fever of 98.6!!!!! I’m like, that’s normal body temp. He’s like, but he generally has a temp of 97.7 so this feels high! So we canceled the date.

He later texted me a few texts saying he’s still sick and a picture of his medicine. I asked politely if he wants me to bring him anything. He says no, but might ask for fruits if he’s still sick NEXT WEEKEND!

Wtf????? Is it me or this is absurd? I want to say something sarcastic but bit my tongue, cause he’s “sick” and you’re not supposed to be mean to someone not feeling well.

Your input is welcome
I would leave him alone with his cold. Don't contact him. Let him contact you.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
My cold treatment used to be Nyquil and a hot brandy toddy every eight hours until I was well. Just stay unconscious for at least the first week.

But for sure, I preferred to be left alone.

For the last few years, though, when I first feel the hint of a cold, I hit it with zinc, which normally stops it dead. If I catch it too late to stop it, the zinc at least reduces the symptoms to something that feels like the last couple of days of a regular cold.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:39 PM

553 posts, read 302,393 times
Quote:
He still keeps texting me and update his status. He actually went to work this morning. So he’s not so sick where he had to cancel work.

Relax and don’t get yourself in a frenzy.

The best way to handle this is to believe him and tell him you hope he feels better soon.

Then go live your life.

If he wants to see you, he’ll ask you out when he feels better.

It does seem strange that he would text you a picture of his cold medicine, as if he needed to give proof he is actually sick. I’d would have probably asked why’d you text me a picture? Do you think I don’t believe you?

Old 11-05-2018, 02:15 PM

160 posts, read 85,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
The thing is he keeps texting me to update his status, such as, “still feel terrible but at work.” How am I supposed to respond to that? I’ve said “ hope u feel better” like 3 times already. I don’t want to completely ignore his texts which is like ghosting. Nor do I want to engage in the prolonged texting.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
The thing is he keeps texting me to update his status, such as, “still feel terrible but at work.” How am I supposed to respond to that? I’ve said “ hope u feel better” like 3 times already. I don’t want to completely ignore his texts which is like ghosting. Nor do I want to engage in the prolonged texting.
Tell him when you'll be free to text him again.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
That's when the "thumbs up" emoji comes in handy.

Most of my friends know that when I start responding with single emojis it's time to end that conversation.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:45 PM

553 posts, read 302,393 times
Quote:
Lol that’s ridiculous.

I would in fact ignore those texts. It’s not ghosting. When he has something more interesting to say you’ll reply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships