Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 08:09 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times

Advertisements

Mod cut.

I don't get the hostility. You're asking if it's OK to sleep with someone mentally ill who is much older than you are. Even the most casual bystander is going to tell you that it has high odds of ending very badly.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-05-2018 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:41 AM

468 posts, read 356,477 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Listen up young man...your mental condition doesn't grant you the right to be mean to those who have tried to help you here on the forum after you asked for help and advice...

And after looking at what you posted recently :

"At 22, I heard the voice of a girl I liked in middle school Say, "don't kill my family." I ended up getting hospitalised again and put on Zyprexa. I was then on and off Haldol, Zyprexa, and Seroquel, for the next several years.

I continue to hear the voice of the Devil mocking me and my family mocking me too. And, I am convinced it's real still. I take Geodon now and have ECT(ElectroConvulsive Therapy) and the voices continue. "

//www.city-data.com/forum/53383936-post1.html

Makes me feel this woman who you claim is mocking you for being a virgin ( no way she would know that unless you volunteered that info ) and this same woman that you are claiming is touching you all the time and this same woman that you are playing Detective Columbo with by repeatedly accusing her of having been a prostitute ...this same woman doesn't even exist and its all in your head.....

What you NEED TO DO is to discuss with your providers that you are in need of a change in your medication and therapy because here you are exhibiting being a very mean person to your fellow members who have only tried to help you...

It's time for you to reel in your rudeness and personal attacks here and for you to smarten up !

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-05-2018 at 10:29 AM..

Old 11-05-2018, 08:50 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY 915 View Post
It's time for you to reel in your rudeness and personal attacks here and for you to smarten up !
Um...he was basically attacked for having a mental illness and using the internet. He was belittled. Someone told him to just seek help from mental health professionals in the facility, which I'm assuming he already knew he could do. While I understand that there's more going on here than any of us are qualified to and/or able to assist with, I also understand why he might have been rude to some.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:58 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
AlwaysByChance, there's no shame in mental illness--none. Everyone has issues, but many hide them well. No one has a better life than you do, just a different one.

As to sexual attraction, just because a person has a mental illness does not mean that person becomes asexual. I have worked with people who have had a variety of mental illness diagnoses, and each one of them had interest in being sexually active.

Perhaps the woman you reference may well be in a place right now, given her mental illness, that causes her to not be fully in control of her actions or aware of what she is doing at all times. Just a thought. Either way, if her touching you or interactions with you cause you distress or to feel uncomfortable, please consider talking with one of the staff members who you know well and have some trust in.

I wish you the very best. self-made
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Which people on the internet AREN’T mentally ill, and who is the “they” ?

You cant possibly be serious. Yes, a person who is mentally ill gets their psychotropic drugs with this precaution: “No more internet for You.”

I worked at a state hospital, even sexual predators get internet access. Some are monitored of course, but....really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Very well put. I hear they even let mentally ill people have relationships these days.
I’m being sarcastic of course but yes, agreed, the OP should confide in a staff.
*snort*

Raises hand. *A mentally ill individual with depression and anxiety.* Also married to a man with a history of depression. "They" let us have kids.

I use the internetz.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
*snort*

Raises hand. *A mentally ill individual with depression and anxiety.* Also married to a man with a history of depression. "They" let us have kids.

I use the internetz.
So there's NO difference between depression and schizophrenia? Come on.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:21 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
I live in something called an "Intermediate Care Nursing Home". Generally speaking you have to have mental illness to be here. They usually don't allow severely impaired people to live here. Most people here have depression or anxiety. Some high functioning schizophrenics also live here. This place is considered the halfway place between independent living and a dependant care facility.

I'm fairly certain she was a prostitute because she has 4 arrest photos online for trespassing. Often times, prostitutes get the lesser charge of trespassing for paid for sex in public.
I would assume you have some type of therapy. Ask your therapist what you should do.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:24 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY 915 View Post

"At 22, I heard the voice of a girl I liked in middle school Say, "don't kill my family." I ended up getting hospitalised again and put on Zyprexa. I was then on and off Haldol, Zyprexa, and Seroquel, for the next several years.

I continue to hear the voice of the Devil mocking me and my family mocking me too. And, I am convinced it's real still. I take Geodon now and have ECT(ElectroConvulsive Therapy) and the voices continue. "

I live in a nursing home now and feel abandoned. I'm not happy. I am only 28 years old. I'm physically unhealthy, largely because of the drugs I've been on. I don't know what to do...

//www.city-data.com/forum/53383936-post1.html
Are you still hearing these devil voices, OP?

Anyway, whatever, ask her out on a date. You guys have a cafeteria there at the hospital? coffee perhaps?

Old 11-05-2018, 09:35 AM

468 posts, read 356,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Um...he was basically attacked for having a mental illness and using the internet. He was belittled. Someone told him to just seek help from mental health professionals in the facility, which I'm assuming he already knew he could do. While I understand that there's more going on here than any of us are qualified to and/or able to assist with, I also understand why he might have been rude to some.

This is the post made that he was rude in a reply which prompted me to address him as I did

//www.city-data.com/forum/53556346-post38.html

Where is attacking him in the above members suggestion to him ?

If a member asks for advice or suggestions they should not expect every single reply to be exactly what they are hoping to hear...no one here is a mind reader. If you don't like a reply to your question than move on but do not make a personal insulting reply.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:06 AM

277 posts, read 191,619 times
This thread has fallen apart. Maybe I presented it in a way that wasn't the best. This girl is a cutie that happens to be mentally ill. She talks sexually at times but I doubt she likes me. She is very touchy feely and it has my oxytocin going.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:19 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Thread temporarily closed for cleanup.

ETA: Numerous rude, off-topic, inappropriate and/or orphaned posts have been deleted. It seems a civil discussion is not possible. The thread will remain closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-05-2018 at 10:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships