Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 02:05 PM

4,415 posts, read 2,936,234 times

Advertisements

I've been dating this girl for a few months who is apparently really into me. ALways texting, saying how she misses me, always wanting to see me, etc. Our texting chemistry is great, but 4 out of 5 times I am with her in person, she seems in a bad mood/annoyed/unhappy/like I shouldn't be there. Another kicker is she was separated from a marriage a year ago and filed for divorce 6 months ago, but the guy won't sign the papers etc, so they are still legally together. Apparently he was emotionally and verbally abusive to her. Which seems hard to believe because she seems like a strong woman. My questions are:

1. If I decide to end it, how honest should I be. Should I just stay I'm not feeling it or tell her her attitude is the main reason?

2. How possible is it she is just looking for a warm body and male attention and just using me? She said she is emotionally over it, but I'm not so sure.

3. Curious. What type of people do negative unhappy people usually date?

4. How possible is it for her separation and what she has gone through to be the cause of her attitude, and could it improve in time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 02:14 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Wow!

You really need us to tell you to run?

Old 11-11-2018, 02:16 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Just talk to her about all your concerns. What are you sooooo afraid of?

Old 11-11-2018, 02:20 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
My reply is the same from the one in the thread about her a month ago.

You ask if it could improve over time. Well... a month has passed and it hasn't improved. These are supposed to be the greatest days in a relationship, remember??? The honeymoon phase, when you're both on your best behavior???

I would tell her that you're not feeling it and wish her the best.

Old 11-11-2018, 02:23 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Right, OP, is it so hard to ask her, "Are you ok? You seem down, some of the time." Depending on what she says, you could further ask, "Do you enjoy our dates? I'm not sure if you have fun when we're together". See what she says. Play it by ear.

This way, at least if you eventually do decide to break it off, and you tell her why, she shouldn't feel like it's coming from left field.

Old 11-11-2018, 02:52 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Pineapple always beats me to the good questions!

OP, why don't you just discuss your feelings with her? That is what relationships are all about.

Old 11-11-2018, 03:29 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I've been dating this girl for a few months who is apparently really into me. ALways texting, saying how she misses me, always wanting to see me, etc. Our texting chemistry is great, but 4 out of 5 times I am with her in person, she seems in a bad mood/annoyed/unhappy/like I shouldn't be there. Another kicker is she was separated from a marriage a year ago and filed for divorce 6 months ago, but the guy won't sign the papers etc, so they are still legally together. Apparently he was emotionally and verbally abusive to her. Which seems hard to believe because she seems like a strong woman. My questions are:

1. If I decide to end it, how honest should I be. Should I just stay I'm not feeling it or tell her her attitude is the main reason?

2. How possible is it she is just looking for a warm body and male attention and just using me? She said she is emotionally over it, but I'm not so sure.

3. Curious. What type of people do negative unhappy people usually date?

4. How possible is it for her separation and what she has gone through to be the cause of her attitude, and could it improve in time?
Sounds like she needs a little more time to straighten things out in her life...

1. I wouldn't get my hopes up with her. I think you should be honest with her if you do decide to end it.

2. Possible.

3. Probably a similar type of people that positive happy people date...

4. I think the separation is a big factor, and it could improve in time, but that is up to her.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:45 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,763 times
Jut be honest with her and say it's her attitude.It seems that she really shouldn't even be dating since she's still dealing with the end of her marriage and going through all of that drama so it does make sense that she's not in a good mood when she see's you face to face BUT this is her issue because of what is going on in her life at the moment.She shouldn't be in any relationship.Some people just want to be alone so they quickly jump into one relationship before the ink on the divorce papers are even dry.You should move on and maybe she will come around later on when things have settled down for her and she's giving herself time to deal with her issues....meaning AFTER she is legally divorced.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:23 PM

6,848 posts, read 4,844,287 times
Good grief. Real life is so much more important than texting. You have a few months invested. Get out before you have a few years or are...……..heaven forbid.....married to her. This is likely her personality. Perhaps you should have her read this thread that you started. But do be honest...….tell her you do not feel your personalities are a good fit. I suspect the personality you see is her personality. A few months of dating, problems with her divorce or not, should be showing you her real personality. And if she is still on her best behavior...……..imagine what the future holds.

And for the next love interest I suggest you find someone single or divorced. Not somewhere inbetween.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:27 PM

4,415 posts, read 2,936,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Good grief. Real life is so much more important than texting. You have a few months invested. Get out before you have a few years or are...……..heaven forbid.....married to her. This is likely her personality. Perhaps you should have her read this thread that you started. But do be honest...….tell her you do not feel your personalities are a good fit. I suspect the personality you see is her personality. A few months of dating, problems with her divorce or not, should be showing you her real personality. And if she is still on her best behavior...……..imagine what the future holds.

And for the next love interest I suggest you find someone single or divorced. Not somewhere inbetween.
I like that line. “Our personalities are not a good fit.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships