Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 07:25 PM

553 posts, read 302,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMelody2018 View Post
Yea exactly. I realized there was a real friendship there and he genuinely cared about my life and me as a person so I no longer want to hook up.

Ooooh ok good point. You’re right if I use that as an opener than I’ll still wonder if he’s talking to me cause he wants to or just bc he found a sublet. That’s a good point. If I were to reach out it should be just for the sake of talking.

Ok thanks for your help!
I’m glad I could be helpful. Might I add that when you do see him again, and if things are getting physical, have talk with him about his current view on relationships before you have sex. Don’t have sex with him until you’ve had a conversation on your relationship status. It sounds like with your level of chemistry it would be easy for things to progress to sex should you meet him at his apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 07:40 PM

163 posts, read 101,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
I’m glad I could be helpful. Might I add that when you do see him again, and if things are getting physical, have talk with him about his current view on relationships before you have sex. Don’t have sex with him until you’ve had a conversation on your relationship status. It sounds like with your level of chemistry it would be easy for things to progress to sex should you meet him at his apartment.
Yea that’s good advice. I wasn’t planning on it escalating without first talking. When I see him again I actually might play it off as saying I was just interested in hooking up while I was visiting but that now that I’m back it would be better just to remain friends and nothing more. Just to protect myself. Reject him before he rejects me kinda deal ya know?

Old 11-12-2018, 07:53 PM

553 posts, read 302,393 times
Quote:
Yea that’s good advice. I wasn’t planning on it escalating without first talking. When I see him again I actually might play it off as saying I was just interested in hooking up while I was visiting but that now that I’m back it would be better just to remain friends and nothing more. Just to protect myself. Reject him before he rejects me kinda deal ya know?
Don’t you want a relationship with this guy?

So why would you tell him it’s better to remain friends?

Ok I think I’m done here.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Ummmm ... why do you want to start playing games all of a sudden? That's a terrible idea.

I'll ask again. What do YOU want?

You were lukewarm about him for quite a long time. Do you actually want a relationship with him??

Old 11-12-2018, 09:38 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,473 times
I somehow don't trust the guy. Do you know for certain his parents came to town?

I would not contact him and see what he does.

When you move back to the area, go out to eat with him. If you want to be in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship don't sleep with him right away. You are the woman, you should choose once your in the same city.

Sleep with him if you just want sex and if you want a relationship say that, and see what he says.

I dunno why my intuition says he is taken or a side of him is very insecure and a stalker. I am prob totally wrong.

Old 11-13-2018, 04:20 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
If the OP thinks this is the guy, she needs to start communicating that. I got the NYC part but I didn’t pick up where the OP is now. NYC is usually the easiest and cheapest city to get to because there is so much competition. Spend some long weekends with the guy and see if it’s there.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:17 AM

66 posts, read 50,700 times
So, i do not understand what the problem is.

The guy is interested and you are over-thinking it.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:28 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,239,488 times
I think he is interested in you but does not want a long-distance relationship. I wouldn't pursue anything until you are back in town, and even then it would depend on how things developed.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
I think he is interested in you but does not want a long-distance relationship. I wouldn't pursue anything until you are back in town, and even then it would depend on how things developed.
You know what. You’re probably right. Can I text him as a friend to just lightly keep in contact or do I have to wait 2 months?

Old 11-16-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_ View Post
So, i do not understand what the problem is.

The guy is interested and you are over-thinking it.
Thanks! That’s good to know. Yea I overthink and over analyze a lot. I battle with anxiety and am working on it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships