Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2018, 06:02 PM

804 posts, read 541,487 times

Advertisements

That is how many losers you have out there. Many are probably being held hostage by their spinster mother and have no life asides the flipping instagram pages. Allowing people who do not even know this crap to actually have lives. The reality you have guys who knows the truth. There are a bunch of wall flowers and nobody is picking them. Meanwhile a bunch of guys are staring into space ( their phones ) thinking stupid ideas about sex. It is that pathetic.

My generation was hit hard back in the mid 1990's when they started to introduce "sexual harassment" talks and even made the students sign a paper. That is the lowest of the low crap to do to any highschooler student. It messes up everything.

These girls are giving it away like water and the problem is that everybody is too distracted by ADD caused by their gameboys ( phones ) or some other $@#$# coward stupid nonsense.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:13 PM

4,087 posts, read 2,540,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
That is how many losers you have out there. Many are probably being held hostage by their spinster mother and have no life asides the flipping instagram pages. Allowing people who do not even know this crap to actually have lives. The reality you have guys who knows the truth. There are a bunch of wall flowers and nobody is picking them. Meanwhile a bunch of guys are staring into space ( their phones ) thinking stupid ideas about sex. It is that pathetic.

My generation was hit hard back in the mid 1990's when they started to introduce "sexual harassment" talks and even made the students sign a paper. That is the lowest of the low crap to do to any highschooler student. It messes up everything.

These girls are giving it away like water and the problem is that everybody is too distracted by ADD caused by their gameboys ( phones ) or some other $@#$# coward stupid nonsense.
Crikey.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:16 PM

8,920 posts, read 7,692,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
And I'm someone who thinks casual sex is socially toxic and likes the phrase "breeder."

It's not just people taking it personally. Some people have theirs and don't care that many others have basically nothing. As for the people taking it personally, bottom line is going years in adulthood without sex or a relationship usually goes along with subpar mental or physical health. (No, I don't have proof of that to present, but I think it's widely believed to be true and I've seen no contradictory evidence.) It doesn't make them bad people, but it is what it is. It's like the threads by new members where they claim to be fine perpetually going without, and replies call out the likely self-deception. But with it a near-epidemic, it follows that many affected people would tell themselves they're okay when they're not really; humans can get used to unnatural, troublesome circumstances, especially if they have substances or activities that numb the pain.
Some of the most mentally disturbed people have the most sex and some of the most stable people aren't into sex/relationships. Just because most people who have mental issues have a dysfunctional sex life, does not mean people who have no sex life are mentally ill.

Correlation =/= causation.

Relationships are not a cure all. Sometimes they can make things worse.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:07 AM

6,611 posts, read 4,847,569 times
All true, except the implication that I equated sitting out with mental illness. Many people will not be driven mad just because they aren't getting intimacy needs met. They merely very likely won't be happy with life. Which lines up very well with widespread declining happiness.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...d-survey-shows

Old 11-25-2018, 11:30 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,842,316 times
Quote:
All true, except the implication that I equated sitting out with mental illness. Many people will not be driven mad just because they aren't getting intimacy needs met. They merely very likely won't be happy with life. Which lines up very well with widespread declining happiness.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...d-survey-shows
Thanks for posting the link, it goes to show your mindset here. People “not getting their intimacy needs met” is explained in your article about the cause of increased world unhappiness”:

“Finishing lowest in the positive experience ranking are Afghanistan and Yemen, two nations torn by unrest and war that also reported their lowest scores in the last decade. Afghanistan’s presence in particular is justified; Fighting has plagued the South Asian nation for the past four decades.”

wut

The populations in the article actually have reasons to blame their environment and the state of the world. All you have is...you. Even though your deflecting the intent of your OP to be empathy for your neighbor, your posts definitely reveal that this is about you, and your inclination to lay blame for your state and others unable (but wanting) to achieve intimacy on factors other than your ability.

In another 100 posts we may get to the elephant in the room: Pity Sex. Why won’t women just give it up, and quick basking in their ability to choose? And what can be done about this?

Old 11-25-2018, 12:15 PM

Harassment is not okay here.

Anyone can look at the First World countries in the list and sense that the slide in relationships is linked to the slide in happiness.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:30 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,842,316 times
Quote:

Anyone can look at the First World countries in the list and sense that the slide in relationships is linked to the slide in happiness.
Everyone does not agree with you, yours is just an opinion as well.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:45 PM

378 posts, read 229,341 times
Quote:

Okay, what else would you like to discuss about this topic, because this thread seems to be losing steam. You continue pointing out the decline of sex and relationships like it's an issue and just about everybody disagrees with you one way or another.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dismiss what you're saying. Happiness is on a decline and people aren't humping like they used to. Yet I seriously doubt a lack of social skills & technology are #1 culprits.

Things aren't as secure as they once were, and perhaps folks are waking up to this fact. There's no time for romance, sex, and relationships when everything seems uncertain. Love is not going to pay your student debt, secure you employment, ensure your retirement, or get you healthcare. It's not practical to pursue outside of convenient, although frustrating avenues like online dating or Tinder.

Might seem like a sad state we're in, but this too shall pass. Until then, better get comfortable with yourself and don't go broke

Old 11-25-2018, 06:41 PM

I'm not sure what the #1 culprit is, though my guess is this wouldn't be happening without technology.

"This too shall pass" is not a belief I share. Things look bleak. That alone generates disagreement with some of my points. People don't want to believe. I'm unfortunately prone to depressive realism. Maybe virtual-reality sex and relationships eventually will be popular and fill needs well enough for some people (along with things like artificial insemination), but I personally want no part of that.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:54 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what the #1 culprit is, though my guess is this wouldn't be happening without technology.

"This too shall pass" is not a belief I share. Things look bleak. That alone generates disagreement with some of my points. People don't want to believe. I'm unfortunately prone to depressive realism. Maybe virtual-reality sex and relationships eventually will be popular and fill needs well enough for some people (along with things like artificial insemination), but I personally want no part of that.
Oh, well. I guess then just as women have had to primp and preen and starve ourselves and hold ANYTHING mildly unappealing about our personalities deep, deep inside and stuff ourselves into clothes that literally do not allow for full breathing and shoes that make us sob (and bleed) and somehow stay young (neat trick, that) and be funny and sweet and interesting and good enough at housework and other grunt work to be "chosen" as a wife so we could have shelter and be given FOOD, guys will now just have to step up their game, too.

Now...get to it. Get to the business of being beautiful and charming and hardworking. More so than the next guy. Don't worry, we women hear ya. We've heard you in this regard for thousands of years. It bites. Seems cruel. I know, I know, trust me, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.