Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 03:02 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Romance, by definition is a fairytale.
This is a silly argument I won’t even attempt to go on with past this post, however..Im not sure why you would attempt this type of response when definitions of each are easily available.

Taking both by their own definitions,
The “defining” factor between romance and fairytale when trying to equate them as “the same” as one another are: one is real event and evokes its emotion and feeling from said real events and the other is a falsified creation that attempts to evoke emotion by a manipulation of emotion and feeling.

Unless you are attempting to say all romance is a false creation designed to manipulate one in to experiencing emotion and feeling just to fall under the umbrella of “fairytale” I’m not following what you’re attpempting to say with your statement.

Romance and fairytale are not mutually exclusive to each other.

Last edited by rego00123; 11-16-2018 at 03:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 12:37 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
So what about the bf?

Should he suffer at the hands of other people's selfishness?

How about...

Life is short...don't treat people like crap in order to get what you want.
This whole thread I'm thinking "what about the kids". They sound like they're really getting the short end of the stick here.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:41 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Romance, by definition is a fairytale.
And fairytales, by definition, aren't real life.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:35 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post

Unless you are attempting to say all romance is a false creation designed to manipulate one in to experiencing emotion and feeling just to fall under the umbrella of “fairytale” I’m not following what you’re attpempting to say with your statement.
This

Old 11-17-2018, 01:19 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You're in love with a woman in a relationship...

What could go wrong?
He needs to learn the difference between lust and love.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:08 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolt View Post
Background story:
So, me and this girl (lets call her Jenny) do have a history (10+ years ago). We were very good friends, but we never actually had sex..
I wasn't at that time sure that I wanted to be with her.

I found another girl (lets call her Hanna) which I had 2 children with, and I lost all contact with Jenny.

A few months ago Hanna and I decided to move seperate ways, feelings died and we didn't work well as a couple or parents together.

I've think I never really forgot about these feelings I had for Jenny, she still was "friends of friends", and I always felt like a "chill" in me whenever her name was brought up, or saw her online.

1 week ago, I met her at a party. I got pretty drunk, talked alot to her, and ended up telling her that I've always had feelings for her, that I was certain that WE we ment to be, that I love her.......

She is in a (5+ years) relationship with a guy she has 2 kids with..

Now here's the tricky part...:

She said that it probably would've been "us", if we played our cards right, but she is now in a relationship, and cannot/won't engage in anything else than a friendship. I respect that.

I don't know if it was the alcohol, but she said she wanted to kiss me, but couldn't. (We almost did).
I know she is not a girl who would cheat on her partner.

The day after the party, I texted her and apologized for telling her all this ****, (I didn't want to burden her with my feelings).

She says it's ok, and isn't really sure if she is glad I told her, or not, but she want's to stay as friends. I tell her I also would like that.

The following days we text ALOT on snapchat, catching up etc etc..

Yesterday, she says she's travelling out of town, just for 1 day.. The following messages are sent:
Me: Oh, that will probably be fun =)
Her: I'm not really sure, I might be bored..
Me: Nonsense, getting out of town, even for a day is healthy
Her: But who would keep me company, you?

long pause

Me: Yeah, I would
Her: No you wouldn't, I was just joking..
Me: Well, I wasn't.
Her: Really?
Me: Definitively.

We text back and forth, and she starts to question "us"..:
Her: It wouldn't be fair to you
Me: Why?
Her: You know, are you really ok with us beeing just friends?

Long pause

Me: Our friendship is to important to throw away, so yes. Now, I'm REALLY unsure about this part, even if I really DO treasure our friendship
Her: Okey :-)

Thats basically the story, as detailed as I could write :P

I would love any tips for what to do in my situation :/
Do I try continue this friendship, or do I stay away from her for my own sake?
Do you think she wants to stay as good friends just to see what happens in the future?

You can continue the friendship, but you're gonna have to get away and just keep everything distant just to avoid any "mess".

Old 11-17-2018, 03:10 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by levels77 View Post
if you really want to be friends with her, ask her and her partner out for dinner. Include all 3 of you on your texts. As far as i’m concerned, friendships with the opposite gender when you are in a relationship should include everyone.
+1

Old 11-17-2018, 03:41 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Don’t play with fire. Friendship my arse. You desire this woman. She doesn’t love you, she’s married with two kids. It’s a one way love. Give it up.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:30 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Damn it man, If you love her GO FOR IT.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:43 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
Friends or not, you have deep feelings for her. She picked up on it and is thinking she might have the same for you.

If this progresses:

Believe me when I say this: it will be fun, it will be exciting, you'll feel madly in love and you'll think it is forever... but,

She will go back to the father of her children. Move on and look for someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships