Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 01:29 PM

163 posts, read 101,565 times

Advertisements

I’m moving back to a city I lived in for years and my friend and I who almost dated before I moved got back in touch and we established we’re still interested in one another and when I move back in a month we will go out. Now, he told me to keep in touch in the meantime. I posted on fb asking if anyone knew someone who needed a roommate. One of MY GUY’S friends who I met years ago and haven’t spoken to since who hit on me sent me a pm saying “Julia, looking better than ever. I only have a couch in a small studio to offer but if you’re desperate it’s all yours!” This made me laugh so I took a screenshot of it and I want to send it to my guy since he used to be friends with him but I don’t know what the caption should be.

Any thoughts? All I got is “Well damn, look who it is lol” or “what do ya think, should I take his offer? lol 🤦*♀️” but I don't know if I like that or if I should even tell him about it, figured it might be a good laugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 02:17 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMelody2018 View Post
I’m moving back to a city I lived in for years and my friend and I who almost dated before I moved got back in touch and we established we’re still interested in one another and when I move back in a month we will go out. Now, he told me to keep in touch in the meantime. I posted on fb asking if anyone knew someone who needed a roommate. One of MY GUY’S friends who I met years ago and haven’t spoken to since who hit on me sent me a pm saying “Julia, looking better than ever. I only have a couch in a small studio to offer but if you’re desperate it’s all yours!” This made me laugh so I took a screenshot of it and I want to send it to my guy since he used to be friends with him but I don’t know what the caption should be.

Any thoughts? All I got is “Well damn, look who it is lol” or “what do ya think, should I take his offer? lol ��*♀️” but I don't know if I like that or if I should even tell him about it, figured it might be a good laugh
Do you WANT him to feel jealous?

Hopefully not, and if not ...

I think I would take the sarcastic route and say something like, "Wow, the offers are almost too good to be true" with an emoji and maybe a tongue sticking out for good measure.

... assuming he's aware of your FB post and would understand the context.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Do you WANT him to feel jealous?

Hopefully not, and if not ...

I think I would take the sarcastic route and say something like, "Wow, the offers are almost too good to be true" with an emoji and maybe a tongue sticking out for good measure.

... assuming he's aware of your FB post and would understand the context.
I don’t want to make him jealous. I really care about him and don’t want to discourage him in anyway. I originally thought it would just be funny to share with him that his friend even did that but one of my guy friends told me NO guy would like to receive something like that bc it might deter him from pursuing you further, will make him jealous and make him back off. But at the same time I want to reach out to him without being too obvious that I’m thinkng about him and I figured this would be a perfect excuse.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I don’t want to make him jealous. I really care about him and don’t want to discourage him in anyway. I originally thought it would just be funny to share with him that his friend even did that but one of my guy friends told me NO guy would like to receive something like that bc it might deter him from pursuing you further, will make him jealous and make him back off. But at the same time I want to reach out to him without being too obvious that I’m thinkng about him and I figured this would be a perfect excuse.
It's tricky, and I understand your hesitation because you two aren't really dating yet.

I tell my BF any time guys contact me like that mainly out of respect for him, so he knows I'm not hiding anything. It may make him a tiny bit jealous for a split second, the way I get if I see a woman check him out, but again, y'all aren't BF/GF.

I'm of the mind that if this guy is SO sensitive that he would flip out about something like this, you don't want to be with him anyway.

I mean he joked with you about sucking his toes after your last get-together, so I think you're probably fine.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
It's tricky, and I understand your hesitation because you two aren't really dating yet.

I tell my BF any time guys contact me like that mainly out of respect for him, so he knows I'm not hiding anything. It may make him a tiny bit jealous for a split second, the way I get if I see a woman check him out, but again, y'all aren't BF/GF.

I'm of the mind that if this guy is SO sensitive that he would flip out about something like this, you don't want to be with him anyway.

I mean he joked with you about sucking his toes after your last get-together, so I think you're probably fine.
Lol you’re right. That’s what I figured. He’s not the jealous kind at all and I know he’ll laugh about it and find it funny but Idk know. I thought it would be a perfect reason to reach out but other guys got in my head

Old 11-17-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:

I thought it would be a perfect reason to reach out but other guys got in my head
... other insecure guys

Old 11-17-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
... other insecure guys
So you think I should send it? Or send something more personal to show him I AM thinking of him

Old 11-17-2018, 03:18 PM

553 posts, read 302,715 times
To me it reads exactly how you said. Like you are fishing for some sort of affirmation from him.

Because if you don’t send it you think he will never contact you?

Sounds like you want to provoke him to say, no way, don’t stay with that guy, because then you’ll feel better about the chance you have of being in a relationship with him.

Let me guess, he hasn’t contacted you at all since you left town?

I’ll tell you what will happen if you send it. You’ll get the reply you were looking for. Then you won’t hear from him for days of not weeks. Then you’ll wonder if that messages made him back off from pursuing you. Or maybe he’s just not that into you you’ll wonder. Then you’ll beat yourself up for sending the text.

Why can’t you wait for him to pursue you or actually show your true intent by calling or texting hello?

Old 11-17-2018, 03:21 PM

2,719 posts, read 5,360,127 times
I think if the potential boyfriend "flipped out" over it, that would be a bit much but I guess I'm just not seeing what the point of sending it is. What is the benefit of sending a screenshot of that offer to the potential boyfriend? To show that there is another possibly interested party there when the OP gets back to town? To be funny? I guess I'm not getting the joke.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
To me it reads exactly how you said. Like you are fishing for some sort of affirmation from him.

Because if you don’t send it you think he will never contact you?

Sounds like you want to provoke him to say, no way, don’t stay with that guy, because then you’ll feel better about the chance you have of being in a relationship with him.

Let me guess, he hasn’t contacted you at all since you left town?

I’ll tell you what will happen if you send it. You’ll get the reply you were looking for. Then you won’t hear from him for days of not weeks. Then you’ll wonder if that messages made him back off from pursuing you. Or maybe he’s just not that into you you’ll wonder. Then you’ll beat yourself up for sending the text.

Why can’t you wait for him to pursue you or actually show your true intent by calling or texting hello?
Wow I honestly had no idea people would read into this so much. No my intent isn’t to provoke him, nor is it to make him jealous or receive affirmation. I literally just thought it’d be a light hearted like “do you believe his? lol” they’re not close close friends. He’s like a friend of a friend so I sincerely just thought my guy would get a kick out of it. And Yes I could call or text hi but as you keep reminding me over and over “I should wait for him to pursue” so everyone is making me a little nervous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships