Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 04:16 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
That's funny because you don't even know what my views are.
Seems pretty clear.

Quote:
It's so backwards down here.
Quote:
... some of the most "devout" people are the biggest sexual deviants...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 04:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Don't fret; the feeling is mutual.
Right!? My heathen azz was not ogling dudes who champion dominionism and the Republic of Gilead. Like, we're not into you, either. :shudder: Stick with the Duggars, Phelps, Hyles, Falwells, Bartons, Dobsons, Grahams, Haggards, k?

Old 12-02-2018, 11:10 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Right!? My heathen azz was not ogling dudes who champion dominionism and the Republic of Gilead. Like, we're not into you, either. :shudder: Stick with the Duggars, Phelps, Hyles, Falwells, Bartons, Dobsons, Grahams, Haggards, k?
I’ll take the world of the Duggar’s, Dobson’s etc. any day over the ideals being promoted by the millennials. Not much more is to be said, the aggressive feminist posters in this thread have made their points and I have made mine. I will conclude with this
1. Marriage between a man and a woman is necessary for a decent society
2. Pre marital sex, extra marital sex and shacking up before marriage is sinful and wrong.
3. Feminism and the division between the genders it has caused is an evil upon our society.

No matter how offensive some find these beliefs or how old fashioned the you g believe they are the facts are millions of people in this country still hold by them. I for one will resist these new values and attitudes until my dying breath.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:11 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Why do I believe the things I do? I believe in God and the Bible, I believe in tradition and order. I believe upending society the way you suggest would damage the social order in a severe way. Families are held together by marriage. I believe it is sad that you believe promiscuous lifestyles are ok. I also find it sad that you believe marriage is some kind of negative institution designed to keep women down. Without marriage what will bind people together? Will baby daddy’s replace the family? Will one night stands replace what marriage can give? Will promiscuous behavior make people happier than belonging to a family? What will happen to society when everyone is just out for a good time? If this is the way western civilization is going then western civilization has a very short future. I don’t believe the Eastern world is infected with this type of thinking, maybe they will be the leading civilization when we dissolve in our decadence and social decay.
Actually I find it a bit horrifying that people NEED marriage to bind them together. Like how about just waking up each day and wanting to still be with the same person you were with yesterday and the day before. Especially if there are children. Being married did not particularly make me "bound" to the man I was with for 18 years. Having kids though, that sure did. And since we weren't legally married for the first 10 years, he chose, every day, to continue to be "bound" by his own free will, to his family. What will bind families together if not marriage? How about love, obligations, duty to the kids, knowing that you'll get further and do better together than on your own?

Saying it's just marriage that keeps people "bound" together kind of implies they don't really WANT to be together and if it weren't for that pesky ceremonial vow to God they'd run for the hills. It also denies the fact that divorce is not only possible, it's not necessarily even all that difficult to do. Marriage alone isn't enough to bind anybody to anything.
(rope on the other hand...)

(Sorry not sorry. The joke was just sitting there. I have only so much...restraint...)

Oh, and I hate to break it to ya, but promiscuous behavior DID make me happier than belonging to a family, at least that family with that guy. 18 years of torment, versus a brief but satisfying period of fun...yeah, I know which one I'd do over again. But the thing is, there has never been, nor ever will be, a society of people where every individual finds joy and fulfillment and satisfaction in exactly the same life path. Never happened. Not gonna happen. It's an illusion. Promoted to control people, and clutched tightly to the bosoms of those who are threatened by the different. I'm sorry that you find it so scary and disturbing that people exist who are not like you. They always will though. Might want to relax and not worry about it. After all...we don't worry about you.

Quote:
Of course CD is not the real world. However I do watch the news and know there are plenty of women out there who are exactly like those we hear in here. I know in some parts of America people who believe these things hold a significant majority. Thankfully I live in the South and I don’t see it in the real world. I don’t know or associate with people like that. Most people I know are happily married and normal. Of course it is said all this cultural garbage is coming from the under 35 crowd. I’ll admit I don’t know many of them and don’t know how pervasive these types of attitudes are among that generation in my area. The things my son says suggest at least some of them do believe these modern ideals regarding gender. Even if my conservative red state is somewhat insulated from this stuff I ask for how long? What long term damage to society will all this do?
Speaking ONLY to this: No, wrong. I'm 39, and I am quite an advocate of debauchery. Most of the happy degenerates I know are middle aged (35-55ish) most are white people and most are middle to upper-middle class income levels.

In fact, out there in the dating world, I'm seeing that most young MEN want serious long term committed relationships. They seem to be losing their will to sow oats. The women are the ones holding off on marriage and/or kids. Some are promiscuous, but a lot are the opposite...celibate, possibly focused on college and/or career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Oh, ha ha ha...I'm here in Colorado Springs, supposed bastion of evangelism. Good ol' Ted Haggard. I see from a quick search that now he's upsetting everybody, he's come back to town and begun a "church" (which is actually just his house) and is inviting gay people to come worship in his home...when he got ran off in disgrace after being caught with a gay prostitute or something. Thusly chastised and reformed he now invites the gays to his house...good one, Ted.

A friend of mine was contacted by a couple, she went and met with them and they wanted her to do a threesome with them, the husband explained that his wife was "curious" and that it was crucially important that the utmost discretion were kept because the wife is a ranking figure in Focus on the Family, one of our local fundie orgs. And a very vocally anti-gay bunch. My friend said she considered it but in the end, the hypocrisy was too disgusting.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:22 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
I’ll take the world of the Duggar’s, Dobson’s etc. any day over the ideals being promoted by the millennials. Not much more is to be said, the aggressive feminist posters in this thread have made their points and I have made mine. I will conclude with this
1. Marriage between a man and a woman is necessary for a decent society
2. Pre marital sex, extra marital sex and shacking up before marriage is sinful and wrong.
3. Feminism and the division between the genders it has caused is an evil upon our society.

No matter how offensive some find these beliefs or how old fashioned the you g believe they are the facts are millions of people in this country still hold by them. I for one will resist these new values and attitudes until my dying breath.
Blah, blah, blah...biblical literalism. Whatever, whatever. People holding to anachronistic "ideals" while renouncing the current generation and its departure from the old ways, is not a new thing. Good thing today's younger generation have worked toward progress and continue to move forward, away from antiquated and reprehensible customs of Christofascism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships