Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 04:55 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
What's the worst, dumbest line you've ever gotten from someone who didn't have the guts to say "I'm just not that into you"? Or, along those same lines, what's the worst breakup line you've ever heard?

Mine is still this nonsensical mess that a woman said to me many years ago: "What I feel for you is love, but I would never say I love you."
I can't say the worst line I got from someone who just wasn't into me. However, the worst line I witnessed a person give to another that that person wasn't into was the clothesline.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 11:01 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uAj4wBIU-8

Old 12-01-2018, 02:48 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times
"I don't want you falling in love with me." WTF?

Old 12-01-2018, 03:20 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
I've been dumped a bunch of times and that's probably why I'm so skiddish now. Been through it enough that I feel like I can sense when it's coming. They always said something about how great I was but that they weren't ready. One told me that he had to break up with me because he was finding Jesus. Ooookay

Old 12-07-2018, 03:42 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I had a guy tell me I was too needy. Every other man has said I am not needy at all.
Although there are definitely 'needy' people of both genders, often at that early stage, it's just a way of saying "I don't actually like you enough to pay that much attention to you, and since you like me, it's annoying".

Old 12-07-2018, 03:44 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Yes the second the woman refers to you as “sweet” she ain’t into you. Forget about it.
Usually, yes. I have known of exceptions, though. It depends on the context in which she uses it.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:54 PM

17 posts, read 14,312 times
Had one tell me "You are the closest thing I have to a girlfriend".

I was done, after that comment.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:17 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Yes the second the woman refers to you as “sweet” she ain’t into you. Forget about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Usually, yes. I have known of exceptions, though. It depends on the context in which she uses it.
That is correct: all rules have exceptions. But exceptions are generally governed by specific rules. For the most part, "sweet" is synonymous with "stable provider", the type of men women are never attracted to, just someone they want to settle down with. In my own experiences, women who were romantically interested in me never referred to me as "sweet". They used words like "good moral character" or even "kind", but never "sweet". Or worse, "nice".

Conversely, it's common for me to use the word "sweet" to describe a friendly woman I feel comfortable around. But hey, what's good for the goose is rarely good for the gander.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:33 AM

160 posts, read 85,436 times
I just got one recently: I need some time to focus on myself and my cat

Old 12-08-2018, 09:56 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,156,102 times
This is going back a ways, but Jerry Garcia had just died. Someone I was having a summer romance with told me he'd gone to a memorial gathering for Jerry Garcia, where he met a woman he'd dated previously, and they reunited in their shared grief.

That was pretty gentle, actually. My life has been more long-term relationships than casual dating, so I can't think of another example.

I dumped someone by telling him he'd make a good father and should meet someone who wants to have kids. That was true, though hardly the real reason I was ending things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships