Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 09:01 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

What business is it of yours on what they want in a partner? If they only think it is worth it to date a narrow range of people, that is their business. I easily have had 25-40 first dates before finding someone I thought there was potential with. That's my business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 09:04 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What business is it of yours on what they want in a partner? If they only think it is worth it to date a narrow range of people, that is their business. I easily have had 25-40 first dates before finding someone I thought there was potential with. That's my business.
Yeah, but if said person isn't willing to even go on a first date...then what's the point to it all?

Old 12-04-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Yeah, but if said person isn't willing to even go on a first date...then what's the point to it all?

That's for them to decide, not anyone else. It may take years for them to connect with someone they want to even have a first date with. There is nothing at all wrong with that. We all have different criteria and hurdles that must be overcome.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:03 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's for them to decide, not anyone else. It may take years for them to connect with someone they want to even have a first date with. There is nothing at all wrong with that. We all have different criteria and hurdles that must be overcome.
Actually, I'd feel all Neo if a woman went years declining dating opportunities only to say yes to me. I mean even if Morpheus came along and taught me how to dodge bullets and ****, I might just use that skill to avoid her. I'd rather not be The One.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:43 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
So if you know they were on there a year ago, clearly you were on there a year ago too. What is your point? Just because they won’t go on a first date with you doesn’t mean they aren’t dating other people one or two times and deciding they are not a match.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:58 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Nope.... I just got tired of throwing them back.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:32 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Actually, I'd feel all Neo if a woman went years declining dating opportunities only to say yes to me. I mean even if Morpheus came along and taught me how to dodge bullets and ****, I might just use that skill to avoid her. I'd rather not be The One.
Would you go all neo and avoid an indvidual who has been divorced 5 times?

Old 12-04-2018, 02:13 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Would you go all neo and avoid an indvidual who has been divorced 5 times?
I would. I think timberline was engaging in hyperbole, which shaped my response, but I don't think I'd be compatible with someone who saw good relationships as either necessarily very difficult to find or almost disposable.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:42 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
So if you know they were on there a year ago, clearly you were on there a year ago too. What is your point? Just because they won’t go on a first date with you doesn’t mean they aren’t dating other people one or two times and deciding they are not a match.
No, but this kind of goes good with that over 40, never married thread (as some of the women I mentioned in this thread are also involved), that they are on there for that long because no one is ever good enough.
Online dating seems to reinforce that...just google "The Husband Store", and you'll see what I mean.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
No, but this kind of goes good with that over 40, never married thread (as some of the women I mentioned in this thread are also involved), that they are on there for that long because no one is ever good enough.
Online dating seems to reinforce that...just google "The Husband Store", and you'll see what I mean.

Good god. It isn't about being "good enough". How many times do how many people have to say it? Get off relationship blogs (etc). I have met, literally, hundreds of good quality physically good looking intelligent people with their act together over the years from just OLD. Precious few of them am I going to have the type of connection with to pursue a romantic relationship with that may lead to falling in love. Damn few. They were "good enough" in all the freaking check boxes.

THAT IS NOT WHAT IT IS ABOUT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships