Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 06:01 PM

17 posts, read 6,157 times

Advertisements

He initiated the break up, and told me he was mentally and emotionally hurt & will always love me. Since the breakup, we have been in constant contact and usually we are arguing about the break up, or he brings up things from my social medias. Sometimes under an “a fake page sent me this” type stuff. Anyway, When I ask if we will ever get back together or see each other, his responses are “i don’t know what the future holds” “I’m 99.9% sure we will never get back together” “for right now we will not be intimate, hanging out, etc” “i don’t feel like i have to give you an answer”. What does all this mean? He’s also said he doesn’t want me in his life but wants to remain friends??? We have been broken up since september... It’s just hard to understand him. When we first broke up, he was kind of at a “we will see” phase about us getting back together... And i’ve managed to mess that up by causing arguments... He’s drunk dialed me one time by swears it was just a butt dial, but when I text him asking why did he call he blew up on me and said I was looking for excuses to talk to him. Any time we get to talking, it’s always about the break up and it’s usually just him rambling about what i did wrong and whatever he managed to get from my social media. the latest argument was, a “fake page” sent him screenshots of me having a new man and being engaged and probably some of the most minor things. he was quick to mention he didn’t believe i was engaged, though. but i just don’t believe there’s really a “page” sending him anything from my social media. When I did have my social media’s, and we were still connected, I noticed he would post pics of himself at a restaurant i introduced him to or saying things to make himself “noticed” (it’s probably me just overthinking.) I’ve since deleted my social media’s because I don’t want to cause any conflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 06:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiamc93 View Post
He initiated the break up, and told me he was mentally and emotionally hurt & will always love me. Since the breakup, we have been in constant contact and usually we are arguing about the break up, or he brings up things from my social medias. Sometimes under an “a fake page sent me this” type stuff. Anyway, When I ask if we will ever get back together or see each other, his responses are “i don’t know what the future holds” “I’m 99.9% sure we will never get back together” “for right now we will not be intimate, hanging out, etc” “i don’t feel like i have to give you an answer”. What does all this mean? He’s also said he doesn’t want me in his life but wants to remain friends??? We have been broken up since september... It’s just hard to understand him. When we first broke up, he was kind of at a “we will see” phase about us getting back together... And i’ve managed to mess that up by causing arguments... He’s drunk dialed me one time by swears it was just a butt dial, but when I text him asking why did he call he blew up on me and said I was looking for excuses to talk to him. Any time we get to talking, it’s always about the break up and it’s usually just him rambling about what i did wrong and whatever he managed to get from my social media. the latest argument was, a “fake page” sent him screenshots of me having a new man and being engaged and probably some of the most minor things. he was quick to mention he didn’t believe i was engaged, though. but i just don’t believe there’s really a “page” sending him anything from my social media. When I did have my social media’s, and we were still connected, I noticed he would post pics of himself at a restaurant i introduced him to or saying things to make himself “noticed” (it’s probably me just overthinking.) I’ve since deleted my social media’s because I don’t want to cause any conflict.
Are you in high school?

He's too immature and insecure to have a girlfriend, and you don't seem to understand that you shouldn't want to be with someone who makes it clear they can't handle being with you.

Cut him off. Block him and move forward with your life. What you're describing here is ridiculous.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:10 PM

801 posts, read 547,432 times
Argh... move on with your life.

Unless you are one of those people who love being part of these types of siliness for the sake of having a story to tell.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Are you in high school?

He's too immature and insecure to have a girlfriend, and you don't seem to understand that you shouldn't want to be with someone who makes it clear they can't handle being with you.

Cut him off. Block him and move forward with your life. What you're describing here is ridiculous.
Unfortunately, I am 24 and he is 38. I have a bad habit of over thinking a whole lot and I just asked for clarity from outsiders.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar_Liar View Post
Argh... move on with your life.

Unless you are one of those people who love being part of these types of siliness for the sake of having a story to tell.
No, just someone that is in love for the first time & don’t fully understand why someone would do these types of things.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:26 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,634,284 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, I am 24 and he is 38. I have a bad habit of over thinking a whole lot and I just asked for clarity from outsiders.
The two of you have broken up. If you feel confused, it is probably because you are continuing contact. Just stop. There are no deep hidden meanings in anything he says.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:27 PM

801 posts, read 547,432 times
Quote:
No, just someone that is in love for the first time & don’t fully understand why someone would do these types of things.
Stop trying to understand him. You never will. You guys broke up. Accept it and move forward with your life.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
The two of you have broken up. If you feel confused, it is probably because you are continuing contact. Just stop. There are no deep hidden meanings in anything he says.
Rehardless if we don’t speak or not, when we do, it is an hour long or longer conversation of what’s going on on my Facebook, or how I haven’t changed, etc etc

Old 11-24-2018, 06:43 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,559,245 times
Quote:
Judging from what you wrote, you dodged a major bullet! Count yourself lucky to have done so, avoid contact with this man, lick your wounds/regroup, and move on.

A man who still has the patience to participate in this level of petty drama is *not* someone with whom you want to form a more permanent or long-term relationship.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Judging from what you wrote, you dodged a major bullet! Count yourself lucky to have done so, avoid contact with this man, lick your wounds/regroup, and move on.

A man who still has the patience to participate in this level of petty drama is *not* someone with whom you want to form a more permanent or long-term relationship.
He’s done a lot. This is our second break up. The first time around, when he got back together, he had invited me to a hotel room and there was another woman there, in which he kicked her out and I basically took care of himself while
he as black out drunk. He would say things like he hoped i would talk to him, just to argue just to he can talk to
me for the day. Or how he always thought about me, even with other women. This break up feels the same, except the mind games. Or what I’m assuming are kind games. How I see it,,. If someone didn’t wanna talk to me, he wouldn’t even respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships