Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 08:46 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

I guess I might as well provide an update with my situation. I decided that it is better that my friend and I go our separate ways for reasons I can't get into...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 09:30 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I guess I might as well provide an update with my situation. I decided that it is better that my friend and I go our separate ways for reasons I can't get into...
Wow..I guess it was something disrespectful

Old 12-01-2018, 09:47 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Wow..I guess it was something disrespectful
It is what it is...

Old 12-01-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
It is what it is...
I have a feeling the same things gonna eventually happen with my situation..My friends pretty volatile when she drinks.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:04 AM

I told her I can’t hangout Sunday I really need to distance myself..

I know nothing is promised but I truly want to find a nice women..and continuing to hangout with my friend will destroy that plan.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:24 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,773 times
You're making progress and heading in the right direction. One step at a time... that's all you can do.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:35 AM

She texted me Sunday and said she wants to hangout so I finally said ok..

As we were waiting for an uber outside at the end of the night she put her head on my chest then as we said goodbye in the uber she started kissing my neck..

She mentioned while we were hanging out that she missed me and kinda hinting that she realized what she had in me these past few months in toxic relationships.. talked about how she’s gonna break up soon with this new guy and how he was just a rebound to get the bad taste out of her mouth from the drug dealer..

I’m proud of myself because I stood strong and for the first time had clarity and realized what a mess she is..

I’m not avoiding taking it to another level because I think her intentions are disingenuous I truly think she’s being honest I’m doing it because as much as I love her and think she’s a good person deep down she’s too much of a mess and would drag my life down further.

I do care for her and want her in my life as a friend and if we ever got in a relationship with the way she is I couldn’t see it ending well and we’d probably end up never taking too each other again.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:40 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
She texted me Sunday and said she wants to hangout so I finally said ok..

As we were waiting for an uber outside at the end of the night she put her head on my chest then as we said goodbye in the uber she started kissing my neck..

She mentioned while we were hanging out that she missed me and kinda hinting that she realized what she had in me these past few months in toxic relationships.. talked about how she’s gonna break up soon with this new guy and how he was just a rebound to get the bad taste out of her mouth from the drug dealer..

I’m proud of myself because I stood strong and for the first time had clarity and realized what a mess she is..

I’m not avoiding taking it to another level because I think her intentions are disingenuous I truly think she’s being honest I’m doing it because as much as I love her and think she’s a good person deep down she’s too much of a mess and would drag my life down further.

I do care for her and want her in my life as a friend and if we ever got in a relationship with the way she is I couldn’t see it ending well and we’d probably end up never taking too each other again.
Glad that you are able to step back and recognize this.

I am curious though, how much has she had to drink in these moments where she is coming onto you?

Old 12-04-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Glad that you are able to step back and recognize this.

I am curious though, how much has she had to drink in these moments where she is coming onto you?
She met me at bar but it was late so we only had a few beers nothing more..it wasn’t like we were drunk...maybe buzzed at most.

She’s a borderline alcoholic so a few drinks for her is nothing lol..she drinks a lot so I guess that is the real her.

Besides my egos been bruised enough can I have a moment of thinking maybe somebodies into me instead of you pointing out she’s not attracted to me it’s only the alcohol lol.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:20 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:

Besides my egos been bruised enough can I have a moment of thinking maybe somebodies into me instead of you pointing out she’s not attracted to me it’s only the alcohol lol.
Ok, this has to be said, and I hope you will take it as it is intended.

This last sentence is and always will be your downfall.

The woman is a user and a mess. You were the convenient available man who could give her the attention she craves, and she took advantage of it.

It doesn't have to mean you are not attractive, in the general sense, to someone. It is not about you. You shouldn't see it as an attack on your ego. It is about HER and her problems.

Even if she is/was attracted to you, it doesn't mean that's even the point of these encounters. She uses her sexuality to get affirmation. She isn't using it to express feelings about the men she's with.

Do you see the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships