Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 09:10 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
Where has it been said that people in relationships doesn't have issues from time to time? That they don't ever have things they need to work out and solve? No one has implied that here.

People are human, but regardless of issues or insecurities, most people do not drown themselves in a vat of self-pity on a daily basis. They try to work on their problems, to get a better perspective, so that they can actually move forward.

But you're right about one thing... if someone wants to stay stuck in a certain thought process indefinitely, they absolutely will do so.
I am in a circumstance that I am not happy about and is considered one of the worst circumstances to be in. But I recognize my part in it so I do what I can to find ways to move forward. I look to possible solutions and try them out.

I do have my times of being down and drowning. At the same time, something snaps me out of it, and I pick it back up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 09:12 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I just know what’s holding me back and it’s not cliche stuff like “you don’t love yourself” lol
Well, that's something.

So you know where to start, and that's what counts.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:14 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
What would you change about yourself if you had the power to?

Don't say anything about height. It's not the magic bullet you and some others claim it to be. Otherwise, anything like physical health, fitness, wardrobe, etc.

What would you change mentally? (Learn new skills, information, etc.)

You don't have to post your answers on this forum, this is more something for you to think about.
Physically? My face lol.

I dress pretty decently I’m in decent enough shape could be better though..Football season is always tough to eat healthy all the time lol

Old 01-04-2019, 09:17 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I am in a circumstance that I am not happy about and is considered one of the worst circumstances to be in. But I recognize my part in it so I do what I can to find ways to move forward. I look to possible solutions and try them out.

I do have my times of being down and drowning. At the same time, something snaps me out of it, and I pick it back up.
And this ^^^ is a very healthy mindset to have. It's not about things getting a person down, it's about whether that person CHOOSES to stay down and not bother to look for a possible solution. That's the difference here.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:23 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
And this ^^^ is a very healthy mindset to have. It's not about things getting a person down, it's about whether that person CHOOSES to stay down and not bother to look for a possible solution. That's the difference here.
My solution is to get a new face..But I don’t think that’s possible

Old 01-25-2019, 09:33 AM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Did you stop being friends? Did you continue to be friends but it was awkward? Or was your friendship as strong as it was before you got rejected?

I see both sides of it..The people who say if you break off the friendship it was never a true friendship to begin with are ignorant imo..Just because that person rejected you doesn't mean you could just flip a switch and turn off your feelings for your only human not a machine.

The person who rejected you did nothing wrong to but nothing hurts more than seeing the person your crazy about seeing someone else when you believe it should be you.

No will, no blame game just plain old unrequited love. And everyone knows how much unrequited love hurts. When you cant bare the pain of seeing them in another persons arms because you felt it should have been you.

So I get both sides but people who cut these friendships off shouldn’t be vilified because they’re doing it for self preservation
I agree - and understand it is a matter of self preservation. That said, I’m happy my ex girlfriend chose to remain friends after I realized there wasn’t a romantic connection for me. She didn’t speak to me for awhile; but a lot of time has passed - and now we are great friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships