Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 10:23 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times

Advertisements

Did you stop being friends? Did you continue to be friends but it was awkward? Or was your friendship as strong as it was before you got rejected?

I see both sides of it..The people who say if you break off the friendship it was never a true friendship to begin with are ignorant imo..Just because that person rejected you doesn't mean you could just flip a switch and turn off your feelings for your only human not a machine.

The person who rejected you did nothing wrong to but nothing hurts more than seeing the person your crazy about seeing someone else when you believe it should be you.

No will, no blame game just plain old unrequited love. And everyone knows how much unrequited love hurts. When you cant bare the pain of seeing them in another persons arms because you felt it should have been you.

So I get both sides but people who cut these friendships off shouldn’t be vilified because they’re doing it for self preservation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 10:43 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Hell no. Once you reject me, I’m not gonna punish myself by being in your presence to remind me of it.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Hell no. Once you reject me, I’m not gonna punish myself by being in your presence to remind me of it.
Yeah it can be a reminder that you weren’t good enough for that person.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:01 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
As a rule, I don't romantically make advances on good friends, so its a non issue. Friends are too important to potentially lose by trying to make it into something it isn't, and if we had romantic or sexual chemistry, we likely would have already explored it.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:05 AM

5,509 posts, read 9,486,726 times
I did stay friends with her. But, it was very difficult for awhile, and it almost didn't work. We were never quite as close as we were before. (our friendship probably became more balanced, actually) After all these years, we're still pretty good friends.

While I'm glad we're still friends, it's not something I'd do again.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:08 AM

482 posts, read 242,082 times
Men and women can't be actual friends. You can be friends, but it's a different type of relationship, and the majority of the time, it's just some poor dude that likes a chick but can't let go, so he settles for friendship. Chicks actually think men and women can be friends though, so that's how this scenario comes about usually. Just remember, a woman knows if you're date material within minutes of meeting you.

Strike early, strike fast, and be aggressive! A closed mouth don't get fed......

Also, if you do get rejected, move on. there is nothing more pathetic than a guy that accepts being in the friend-zone that doesn't want to be there. It will ruin your chances with other women as well because it will crush your confidence, and women can smell that like dogs smell fear.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:10 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Did you stop being friends? Did you continue to be friends but it was awkward? Or was your friendship as strong as it was before you got rejected?

I see both sides of it..The people who say if you break off the friendship it was never a true friendship to begin with are ignorant imo..Just because that person rejected you doesn't mean you could just flip a switch and turn off your feelings for your only human not a machine.

The person who rejected you did nothing wrong to but nothing hurts more than seeing the person your crazy about seeing someone else when you believe it should be you.

No will, no blame game just plain old unrequited love. And everyone knows how much unrequited love hurts. When you cant bare the pain of seeing them in another persons arms because you felt it should have been you.

So I get both sides but people who cut these friendships off shouldn’t be vilified because they’re doing it for self preservation
I spoke with a female friend that had to severed ties with a male friend that she had been friends with for years. That's spoke with the female friend that had to separate I with a male friend that have been friends with for years.

He have been trying to set him up with her other single friends but apparently he had been pining after her for a long time

Old 11-26-2018, 11:26 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:

This is an interesting question. In my case, I had a good friend that I told that I saw her as more than a friend. She was a long time friend, and the reason I didn't tell her at the beginning was that I honestly didn't see her in that way, but she seemed to see me in that way. Slowly over two years of knowing her at that point did my feelings develop for her. However, I was always there for her.

Then at some point, we had a conversation over the phone, and I told her in a rather casual manner that I see her as more than a friend (I said in a not a big deal kind of way). She didn't "reject" me. As a matter of fact, she told me that she could be more than friends with me.

However, I noticed that she would just act weird. Since I told her, she developed this habit of saying false things or twisting what I said. I would say something, and then she would take it and insist that I said something else that had no resemblance to what I actually said. I soon realized what she was doing.

I actually had two friends doing this to me at the same time. One friend (male) kept twisting everything I said to mean something homosexual. I would be talking about something that had nothing to do with it. For instance, I could be talking about typing and he would say something like "Wow, you want to have sex with me?" My reaction would be "WTF". Meanwhile, my lady friend would take everything I say and twist it into "You want to ditch me". She'd also attack my character in other ways.

I've talked with a few people and they said something along the lines of "It's what they want". I ended up ditching the male friend because I ain't like that. The lady friend I had, I am keeping my distance with her.

But I rambled...

TLDR: I told my friend how I felt, and she got weird (for possibly understandable reasons). Any romantic feelings I had died, and now I keep my distance and don't deal with her anymore than I have to. She also has a lot of drama in her life.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:33 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Yeah it can be a reminder that you weren’t good enough for that person.
Or just simply not a match.

Seriously...

I've had women that I'd consider 8,7,6, even 5 and below reject me (using numbers for...reasons) and then wound up being pursued by women who I considered at least a 9 (forgive me for numbers).

How is it that I am not good enough for average, somewhat attractive women, but I am good enough for a ultra-goddess.

My point is rejection does not mean you aren't good enough, it simply means not a match.

I must have some great shape shifting abilities if I can be a 2 when talking to some women and a 10 when talking to others (looks are random).

What would I call that shape shifting ability? Hmm... I've heard some people call it...subjectivity.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Or just simply not a match.

Seriously...

I've had women that I'd consider 8,7,6, even 5 and below reject me (using numbers for...reasons) and then wound up being pursued by women who I considered at least a 9 (forgive me for numbers).

How is it that I am not good enough for average, somewhat attractive women, but I am good enough for a ultra-goddess.

My point is rejection does not mean you aren't good enough, it simply means not a match.

I must have some great shape shifting abilities if I can be a 2 when talking to some women and a 10 when talking to others (looks are random).

What would I call that shape shifting ability? Hmm... I've heard some people call it...subjectivity.
Lol good point but I don’t just mean looks..My friend I think was sexually attracted to me at least somewhat (I think that’s what she told someone)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships