Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 08:31 AM

8,920 posts, read 7,693,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Seriously, just stop.
C'mon Libs....you know he wouldn't be himself if he resisted firing low key ( but really high key) pot shots at and gossiping about women and "OTHER people's" experiences with them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 04:04 PM

6,784 posts, read 4,767,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I know several women who are childless, but they have been married before. I only know 1 childless, never married woman. They are all attractive and seem to have no problem finding dates. Only the childless, never married one is bat**** crazy but she still finds dates, no problem.
I have know plenty of people of both sexes that I thought were bat**** crazy that were married. And yes, I would wonder what the spouses saw in these people, how they could have made it to a second date let alone to the alter.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:19 PM

6,784 posts, read 4,767,713 times
I may have missed it, but one thing I didn't see mentioned is that a woman may choose to stay single and childless because she doesn't want to be a caretaker for other people.

I chose to stay childless for that reason. I married someone that was self sufficient and didn't need someone to cook, clean, financially support, or MOTHER him. I never felt at the end of the day that he was going to rest or play and leave me cleaning up the messes of the day. We make the messes together and clean them up together.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:36 PM

8,012 posts, read 10,591,471 times
What about someone that has been married multiple times?

Is that MORE of a red flag than someone that has NEVER married, or LESS of one?

On one hand, they have successfully been able to be married, not just to one, but several people.

On the other hand, what is the problem that none of the marriages have been successful?

That would describe my ex-husband. He is attractive enough, and charming enough, to have attracted, and married, 4 different decent women. I am number 2, and the mother of his kids. He is now on marriage number 4. But he has definite issues that make him impossible to live with, and these unpleasant traits don't emerge until later on in his relationships.

On the other had, I, having been married and had kids, and could never relate to a man that never has had either experience. I'm in my 50's. The men I meet in MY age group who have never been married are just strange. I'm sorry, but they are.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:06 PM

999 posts, read 550,980 times
I wouldn't say never having been married or having been married multiple times is a red flag. These things are too complex to make blanket statements about. I personally think marrying multiple times is stupid in that I wouldn't do it myself, but it's not something that would effect my desire to date someone. Someone like that would probably do better with someone like me as there's ZERO chance this girl is rushing into a marriage.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:16 AM

29,700 posts, read 34,246,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I may have missed it, but one thing I didn't see mentioned is that a woman may choose to stay single and childless because she doesn't want to be a caretaker for other people.
Not going to lie, that's a big reason why I like being single and really can't imagine being in the kind of relationship that would involve giving up that status. The conversations going on in other threads right now that imply (or outright state) that my choice to live my life as I do is denying some men access to my time and my body are chilling.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:26 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Not going to lie, that's a big reason why I like being single and really can't imagine being in the kind of relationship that would involve giving up that status. The conversations going on in other threads right now that imply (or outright state) that my choice to live my life as I do is denying some men access to my time and my body are chilling.

Some boys

Old 11-30-2018, 11:35 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,023,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You say that now, you're currently in what is known as an "ebb", eventually, though it could take years, the "flow" will come creeping in and you'll once again desire a romantic partner in your life. Marriage on the other hand, I'd understand that you would not be interested, but the desire to NOT have someone in your life your ENTIRE life, unless you're a nun, is just going against human nature.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:43 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
You say that now, you're currently in what is known as an "ebb", eventually, though it could take years, the "flow" will come creeping in and you'll once again desire a romantic partner in your life. Marriage on the other hand, I'd understand that you would not be interested, but the desire to NOT have someone in your life your ENTIRE life, unless you're a nun, is just going against human nature.

I don't really understand where you get off telling other people what they will want, or should want.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:57 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,023,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't really understand where you get off telling other people what they will want, or should want.
Well, the thing of it is that I think people participating in a relationships/dating message board is a method using it as an area to vent about their dating or relationships woes. A time to heal.

It's kind of like when people get burned in a relationship or marriage. They are like "I'll never love again" or "I'll never desire nor want a man/woman again". The voice this on a message board....then a few years later they get over it, and then back in the saddle again.

To draw a parallel, to those who watch certain hit TV shows like The Walking Dead or the Star Wars franchise, and they are posting in the comments on social media on how they'll NEVER watch this show again due to whatever the writers did to the show...then a week later, they are watching it again.

The desire will come back eventually. Especially if your young. Older people, like 50+ I'm guessing, get set in their ways pretty much , so I can understand that sticking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships