Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 06:47 PM

147 posts, read 79,178 times

Advertisements

Not sure if anyone remembers me, I posted here a while ago. Well my BF of 7 months recently started following his ex on social media. I can see him on his phone looking at ALL her stories and pictures, and constantly checking his texts. I don’t think they’re talking but I’m betting that if she texted him, he will respond right away.

Also few months ago I saw that he listened to this super sappy breakup song about wanting to start over again. I didn’t think anything of it then, just assumed he liked the song,

Should I worry at all? Is that a red flag? My first post was entirely about that, cause he was somewhat obsessed with her and now she’s kinda back in the picture and I don’t know what’s normal or if I’m just being paranoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 07:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelBeach View Post
Not sure if anyone remembers me, I posted here a while ago. Well my BF of 7 months recently started following his ex on social media. I can see him on his phone looking at ALL her stories and pictures, and constantly checking his texts. I don’t think they’re talking but I’m betting that if she texted him, he will respond right away.

Should I worry at all? Is that a red flag? My first post was entirely about that, cause he was somewhat obsessed with her and now she’s kinda back in the picture and I don’t know what’s normal or if I’m just being paranoid?
I remember your other thread. It sucks that you still don't have peace.

You are not being paranoid. It seems he's just waited what he considers a "safe" amount of time to reconnect with her.

This is what I said in your first thread about him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Please. PLEASE know that she will always be an issue.

He can say he's gonna cut contact, and he may even believe it. But they will revisit this. I promise.
Quote:
Do you think he’s lying about cutting contact? It seemed like he knows that whenever they talk he misses her cause he said whenever he hears her voice he feels like it’s not really over for him, and that ever since they ended things he’s thought he made a mistake, but when we met he said I’m inclined to stick with this. (As in him and I.)

Is he lying to me, or himself, or both?
You tell us.

ETA: Per your title, the ex is not the one you should worry about.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 11-28-2018 at 07:43 PM..

Old 11-28-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I remember your other thread. It sucks that you still don't have peace.

You are not being paranoid. It seems he's just waited what he considers a "safe" amount of time to reconnect with her.

This is what I said in your first thread about him:

You tell us.

ETA: Per your title, the ex is not the one you should worry about.
Birdie, I remember. Thank you for coming to help me out again. I just thought he proved himself and that this issue is from the past. We moved in together few months ago and I thought he’s forgotten her.

Do you think he’s not over her, still? Why hasn’t he broken up with me then?

Old 11-28-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Birdie, I remember. Thank you for coming to help me out again. I just thought he proved himself and that this issue is from the past. We moved in together few months ago and I thought he’s forgotten her.

Do you think he’s not over her, still? Why hasn’t he broken up with me then?
Because you are an immediate and steady supply of companionship, affirmation and sex. And he's kind of a hot mess.

Why in the world did you move in together after only a few months????

Old 11-28-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Because you are an immediate and steady supply of companionship, affirmation and sex. And he's kind of a hot mess.

Why in the world did you move in together after only a few months????
It was kinda both of our idea, I was moving out of the apartment I shared with my roommate and I also have 2 dogs that I leave behind a lot cause I travel for work often and he thought it’s a more sensible practical thing to do. So I don’t need to find another place and he can help take care of the dogs when I leave.

Maybe I’ve never been in his shoes, but I can’t understand why he still can’t get over her. I have felt at times he was a bit detached, but none of the men I dated before were all that emotional anyway so I thought it’d just a man thing.

Is he just curious about her, or could there be more to this?

Old 11-28-2018, 08:43 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Well, he certainly sounds hung up on her. I suspect if she wanted him back, he would come running.

How emotionally invested are you? Hang on to your heart.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
It was kinda both of our idea, I was moving out of the apartment I shared with my roommate and I also have 2 dogs that I leave behind a lot cause I travel for work often and he thought it’s a more sensible practical thing to do. So I don’t need to find another place and he can help take care of the dogs when I leave.

Maybe I’ve never been in his shoes, but I can’t understand why he still can’t get over her. I have felt at times he was a bit detached, but none of the men I dated before were all that emotional anyway so I thought it’d just a man thing.

Is he just curious about her, or could there be more to this?
I'm sure it's both. Either way, there's no way in hell I would stand for it.

I'm sorry to hear you moved in with him based on logistics. This really is going to end badly.

Is this your only username here?

Old 11-28-2018, 09:10 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,490 times
Quote:

Also few months ago I saw that he listened to this super sappy breakup song about wanting to start over again. I didn’t think anything of it then, just assumed he liked the song,

If she gives him the least little bit of encouragement, you will unfortunately be the last thing on his mind, as he scrambles to reconnect with her.

Right now, you're filling a void in his life, but he cannot give his heart to you when he's still in love with her... and based on his past and present actions, it doesn't sound like that's going to change anytime soon.

Don't settle for being second best here.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Well, he certainly sounds hung up on her. I suspect if she wanted him back, he would come running.

How emotionally invested are you? Hang on to your heart.
I’m very invested unfortunately. I just thought he’s over her cause they haven’t talked at all once she found out about me.

Birdie, yes it is. I had an older account on here from 6-7 years ago when I was moving states, but I don’t even remember that username.

Gretchen, I will definitely not settle but I not sure what to do? What if he says he’s just curious and wanting to see that she’s doing well or whatever? Him checking his phone a lot more now isn’t something I can handle. I still have my ex on social media.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:12 PM

Have you mentioned that you noticed he seems to be checking his phone more and you were wondering why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships